“Average Italian cuisine”

Trattoria Azzurra
Ranked #11 of 121 Restaurants in Collingwood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Eatery serving refined Italian cuisine with a focus on local ingredients & fine wines in a homey, elegant atmosphere.
London, Canada
“Average Italian cuisine”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband & I dined here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I did have the impression this restaurant was upscale fine dining, but it was very casual in reality. All other diners were wearing shorts or jeans, so that was a bit of a mood changer since we were out for a special dinner.

The service is perfectly fine; nothing wrong with it at all.

Our meals were a little lackluster. For an Italian restaurant I expected the dishes to have a lot more flavour. In actual fact, our own homemade pasta dishes are more flavourful. We shared the marinated olives and I had the bison tagliatelle as my main dish.

I wouldn't return to this restaurant again when in the Collingwood area because there are many other restaurants to try & this one missed the mark.

Visited July 2014

“Fantastic. ”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Came here for a birthday brunch with my boyfriend and loved everything about it. I had the sweet potato gnocchi which was one of the best things I've ever eaten... crispy bacon, fresh sage, and a bit of maple. I had a rhubarb cocktail which was perfect, and we split the tiramisu. I am a self proclaimed picky restaurant guest, I had not a single complaint about this restaurant. The service was unobtrusive but friendly, just the way I like it. Definitely worth every cent.

1 Thank Sarah R
Ellyb1
“Stop running out of specials at prime time. ”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to this restaurant for several years now and have noticed a trend.
During the summer and ski season they seem to limit the menu and raise the prices. A little annoying.
One of their best menu items was linguine bolognese. I know many of their patrons who felt the same so I was shocked that they have taken it off the menu. They do however have a gnocchi bison bolognese that they offered to prepare with linguine. 3 of our party opted for this and it was so good I am hoping they will make it a regular item.
The last 5 times that we have been there we have been told that they are out of some of the dishes and specials. At 7.30? I think this is just bad management.
The service is friendly and the staff are accommodating. I just wish they would get their act together but probably won't as it is always busy so why bother.

Richmond Hill, Canada
“Fabulous gem in Collingwood!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We went on July 1st to have a wonderful dinner out of Blue Mountain village and we were not disappointed! We took our three boys between 10-12 years old and we all had a fabulous time. While we were the only group with children, we were treated great and even the kids loved it! The boys had the homemade soup and calamari to start while we enjoyed the antipasti platter. We all had either fish or the gnocchi as our main dish and everything came piping hot and was cooked to perfection. We will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2014
Point Edward, Canada
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We chose this restaurant because it advertised a 'long' meal where we could order numerous dishes and share 'family' style. Once we got there, we discovered this option had been removed from the menu the week prior to our arrival. Then the wine we requested was also not available. Hmmm. Good food, however, limited in selections. Pleasant wait staff.

• Visited June 2014