“high price wine and average pasta which was disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria Azzurra

Trattoria Azzurra
Ranked #10 of 116 Restaurants in Collingwood
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Eatery serving refined Italian cuisine with a focus on local ingredients & fine wines in a homey, elegant atmosphere.
Guelph, Ontario
“high price wine and average pasta which was disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

On July 25, 2014 we dined at Trattoria. The atmosphere is upscale and classy. We both ordered a glass of wine of which both were excellent, except for the price as you can buy a whole bottle at the LCBO for less. This is what is going to stop people ordering wine in restaurants as they are pricing themselves out of the market. I ordered the soup and it was excellent. We both ordered the same dish and it was average at best and I could make a better dish at home so was disappointed. The music playing was irritating and I spoke to someone about it but they never did change it so I guess they really do care. To top it off I ordered the apple cherry crumble and it was very good. Our server was Alicia was very good and really enjoyed her service. Probably would not go back to this restaurant again, but I hope they can do better.

Quispamsis, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great evening...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great food and setting! A romantic evening! The staff was very helpful and courteous. A must when visiting Collingwood!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mike2916
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I shared a wonderful evening out at Azzura's !! The food was exceptional ! On every level !! The Flax salad - and fresh trout - were outstanding !!! Cannot wait to return !! Thumbs up !!

Thornbury, Canada
“Another wonderful dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Having lived/worked in Italy and recently travelled there, Azzurra always brings me back to what I love about Italian food: freshness and simplicity. Just had another fantastic meal on their patio the other night with friends and family. We had the sharing menu that offered a nice choice for everybody. Service was friendly and attentive. Very good selection of wines, tried a great syrah from Niagara. Overall just a wonderful meal with friends and I look forward to our next dinner at Azzurra.

1 Thank MuchFood
London, Canada
“Average Italian cuisine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband & I dined here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I did have the impression this restaurant was upscale fine dining, but it was very casual in reality. All other diners were wearing shorts or jeans, so that was a bit of a mood changer since we were out for a special dinner.

The service is perfectly fine; nothing wrong with it at all.

Our meals were a little lackluster. For an Italian restaurant I expected the dishes to have a lot more flavour. In actual fact, our own homemade pasta dishes are more flavourful. We shared the marinated olives and I had the bison tagliatelle as my main dish.

I wouldn't return to this restaurant again when in the Collingwood area because there are many other restaurants to try & this one missed the mark.

Visited July 2014