“what a great night sleep!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Cobourg Inn & Convention Centre

BEST WESTERN PLUS Cobourg Inn & Convention Centre
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cobourg
Haliburton ontario
“what a great night sleep!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

My husband and I were taking the train to Montreal and decided to get a room the night before to be close to the train station. We had no reservation but the reception at the hotel couldn't have been friendlier. We were really surprised by the quality of the room for the price we paid. We travel a great deal and to be honest we thought for the price we paid ($124) we would get the average room but WOW..what a surprise we had. The quality of the room far exceeded the price! The bed linen was of the highest quality and my husband continues to tell everyone that we had the best night sleep he has ever had! and we have paid three times this amount elsewhere! This hotel was a great start to a wonderful vacation. Don't hesitate to stay here!

Room Tip: We asked for a non smoking king size bed
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

This hotel was reasonably priced. This is a small town, with only 2 major hotel chains. Front desk staff was helpful, especially the man who checked us in.

This hotel was very clean, and had a great pool with jacuzzi and water play area for kids.

Not much to do in this small town, however the front desk staff was very helpful suggesting area restaurants for a nice couples dinner and our meal was fab! The hotel was fully booked, 2 rooms left, however the male at the front desk allowed me to take a look at the room, as I requested, because it was not exactly what I was looking for. We booked anyway an got the caa rate. The many small gestures of great service were appreciated greatly, and I would stay here again due to the accomodating staff at this location.

We needed extra towels and some toiletries, so we called the front desk and they arrived within 5 minutes!

Our room had a fridge and also a walk out to our parking spot on the ground floor.

Onsite fitness center, with modern equipment, bed was a foldaway cot and too soft.

However bedding was very clean and parking was FREE!

Great stay!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

At check in the agent was rude, and impatient, when my wife and I got to the room it seemed old and outdated but with a new big screen tv, I had been up for over 24 hours so I slept without an issue that night. The housekeepers didnt bother knocking either morning, and they came into the room even when I had the privacy sign on the door. When we went to check out of the hotel the person behind the desk was glaring at me for an unknown reason. Horrible service high rates even with a group booking, I grew up in Cobourg and had always thought that this was a good hotel. Oh well lessoned learned next time I will pick a different one.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AoR598
Pittsford, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

Traveled with our youth hockey team for a tournament in nearby Baltimore. Most of the team was on the same floor and hotel was filled with other teams. Location was perfect, staff was understanding of what hosting hockey teams means and the kids loved the pool. Good breakfast in the morning and nice lounge in the evening. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

This was a good option for a stay in Cobourg. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the staff were friendly. My wife and both kids swam in the pool and all found the water clean and well heated.

We stayed here for two nights while my son's team competed in a local hockey tournament. It was a good base for that. It was close to the arenas and many restaurants. Our team got a discount one morning on the breakfast buffet, which was pretty good.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

I've stayed at this location many times and have never been disappointed. A housekeeping lady was a little rude to me once but that's the only complaint I have. It is pricey, due to the fact that there isn't really much competition in the area. The restaurant, "Arthur's" serves great food, and I recommend the Sunday brunch buffet which has a wide variety of delicious foods. It isn't cheap, but it's worth it. A close relative had a wedding there and the manager, Roger was more than accommodating. I will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank travelling_lady00
GTA, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

i stayed mid-week (govt rate $99) after a dinner out with a girl friend and didn't want to drive 2 hrs home. i found my room clean and comfortable. nothing fancy but so long as it's clean i'm content. i wasn't disturbed by noise from other rooms at all, but perhaps it wasn't overly busy around me; the lot certainly wasn't full. the staff that i interacted with were very pleasant.
my only complaint was the bed was quite hard but i'm spoiled by a high end pillow top bed at home so ....
i would have no issues staying here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobourg
Comfort Inn Cobourg
#2 of 3 in Bowmanville
The Woodlawn Inn
The Woodlawn Inn
#1 of 7 in Cobourg

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Cobourg Inn & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!