“Meh........Better options in Cobourg!”

Comfort Inn Cobourg
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cobourg
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We booked 2 nights here to come to town to see the Tragically Hip concert. The lady checking us in was very slow but friendly enough.. when we told here we booked a drive up and we didn't get one she had offered us a drive up for the second night , unfortunately it was a smoking room and we don't smoke so we passed... We did our booking with booking.com so it was their mistake not the hotels....Upon check in our room was definitely not fully cleaned....crumbs on carpet, sticky pop on table, hair all over the bathroom, sink, floor & tub and mascara and lipstick marks on two of the towels, there was also toothpaste marks on sink counter and tap. When the lady came up to offer us the ground level for the second night we did mention the lack of housekeeping but nothing was ever done to correct it... again working in hotels for years I can tell you the housekeeper ran threw this room and it didn't get checked afterwards. The other two women working the front desk we endured during our stay there were very miserable and seemed very angry and annoyed at any question we asked. I have worked in hotels for years and the hospitality industry and this is not acceptable behaviour when working a front desk in a hotel... When asked for a later check out by 15-30 minutes as my aunt has a bad leg and there was no elevator and we had to do the stairs as we weren't in a drive up we were basically screamed at by the women working the front desk and she hung up the phone without a goodbye...I am a very friendly person there was no point in arguing just wont be going back when in Cobourg...

P.S: One of the younger housekeeping ladies did see us struggling a bit going up and down with our luggage and had helped us with our bags...Thank-You... she was very friendly and helpful and informed us we weren't the first tourist to complain about the front desk ladies being miserable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank VanValval
CICOBOURG, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Cobourg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

By reviewing your feedback regarding our hotel I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been. I appreciate you bringing to my attention the unpleasant experience you had at our hotel and want to apologize on behalf of all the staff.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn, taking a Travelocity deal where we accepted a rate without knowing which hotel we'd get. We had trouble seeing the sign for the hotel, so missed it and had to turn around. The motel is just off the highway, but no noise in the room. The room was very comfortable and large, with good wifi and TV service. Staff gave a good recommendation for a restaurant for dinner. Very simple breakfast. A god bargain for us,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
CICOBOURG, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Cobourg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

First I would like to thank you for using TripAdvisor. It is guest feedback that encourages us to improve in areas that did not meet and exceed expectations. I am very happy to hear my staffs recommendation was something that you enjoyed. o We appreciate that you took the time to recommend our property on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return again soon. Thank-you and have a great day.

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Clean, friendly service, adequate breakfast. We would definitely stay here again if ever in the area. We are on a road trip so just wanted clean and comfortable place to stop. This is it. Great value!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank tsreynolds
Reviewed 18 June 2013

this was a clean and perfectly adequate hotel. Bed was comfortable. No fridge in the room, though. Breakfast was convenient and fit the bill. Location good - just a short drive from the beach. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Close to the highway but nothing else, no firm pillows, and the breakfast was very limited. It was not a bad experience especially given the price but the property is showing it's age. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean appearing and quiet, though a desk chair had a large stain (beer or cola) and there was a musty smell upon entering. The front desk clerk was very friendly and she even called up 30 minutes after check-in to see how everything was (can't recall having that before). Would stay again if I needed an inexpensive place to crash.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron_fan
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We We're traveling to Ottawa and decided to stop here. The hotel is just off the the highway easy to find. The room was clean and passed my wife's bedbug test so we were good to go! Something I was very impressed with, with in five minutes of being in the room the front desk called to inquire if the room was to our Liking. That is the first time I can say I have experienced that. All was good until 2:00am when the women checked in next to us. They were so loud I thought they were in our room. The doors provide little to no sound proofing, we had a room with a door adjoining the next room. My advice is do not get a room with an adjoining door! We could hear all their conversations. We called the front desk twice to address our neighbors. It was finally quite but we did not get a good sleep because of being woken up. The is a free breakfast decent, cereal, waffle maker fruit, and breads and of course coffee thankfully lots! If you are looking for an oveernight stay this is a good place to stop.

Room Tip: Do not book an adjoining room you can hear the people in the next room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hugh792
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised with my room at this hotel. Not only was it clean but it had a microwave, coffeemaker (with coffee & ceramic mug) and a mini refrigerator. All looked new and there was a free continental breakfast. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. I also appreciated the back up parking to the room, even if it was $10.00 more than one on the upper floors.

Room Tip: I prefer the main floor as it has back up parking outside your room to make luggage transfer much ea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank TeddysFam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobourg
Best Western Plus Cobourg Inn & Convention Centre
#1 of 12 in Peterborough
The Cedarview Motel
The Cedarview Motel
#5 of 6 in Cobourg

Been to Comfort Inn Cobourg? Share your experiences!