“Perfect stay”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Chatham
Tilburg, The Netherlands
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The room were renovated, internet connection was good. The beds were great! I haven't slept so good during my trip, wish I had another night... The price was good too. Breakfast was good and the manager was a very kind person, talked to him for a pretty long time, nice person. I would definitely stay here again if I was around!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Rajan K, Owner at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Thanks for writing this review & taking the time to share with all of us. As you know we are still undergoing renovations & 75 % of our building is done inside out .I cannot wait when all is done & we can share with all of you , the dream my family saw when we bought this property.It is a slow process but definitely positive one. We really appreciate all the views & comments made by our guests.So, please keep sending them & I sincerely hope that you will consider staying at Saxony Motel again if your travels ever bring you to Chatham area.We are proud of our hospitality.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The hotel in currently being updated.
The interior upgrade of each room seems to be almost completed. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was comfortable with new bedding and amenities. Our only issue with the room was that there was no dead bolt on the door.
The exterior needs major updating.
However the above being said, for the money, The Saxony may be the best value for the dollar in Chatham, Ontario. If your price conscious you may want to keep The Saxony in mind.

Room Tip: We are told by the locals that the food in a restaraunt next door east of the hotel is exceptional a...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Rajan K, Owner at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thanks for writing this review . I am very pleased to know that you loved the room , you stayed in. Our contractor has not only started working on the outside of the building but has started installing the new doors , as well. But, In regards to the dead- bolts on the doors, they will be installed once all the new doors are in. This project is taking longer than anticipated but it will be done soon.So, be patient & keep sending us your honest reviews .We do hope that you will give us another oppurtunity to serve you better at Saxony Motel .
Toronto
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I usually stay at the Travelodge or Comfort Inn when I am in Chatham but this time I "went cheap" and found the Saxony Motel. The price was excellent and I figured because I was going cheap- I wasn't expecting much.
I was pleasantly surprised. The motel was better than the two places I normally go to. Clean, well kept, spacious, air conditioned, private and cozy. We stayed two nights and enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was simple (not in a restaurant, its continental help yourself style in the lobby) but satisfying. The man at the main desk was kind and helpful. Internet was free and so was TV and phone. Anyway, I'd definitely come back to this place and recommend it to anyone going to Chatham.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King sized bed- not sure if they are all nice like this room was but take this one!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank coolusername
Rajan K, Owner at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write this review & for the kind & honest views. All the credit goes to our housekeeping staff & the manager who work very hard to maintain this property We are very lucky to have such a great team.We have renovated rooms with the King as well as the Queen size beds too. We really appreciate our guests too who stay with us & appreciate what we have done to this property. Please accept our heart felt " Thank you " from Saxony Motel, team.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Haven't stayed in motels much, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I started to second guess my decision when I saw that the outside of the building was a little run down but my stay has been great! The room had been newly renovated and was very clean. The two staff members I keep seeing are really friendly and helpful. Internet speed is good and I was surprised to find out that breakfast was included. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Rajan K, Manager at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write this review out of your busy schedule.I am vey pleased that you loved the room . We are working very hard to make inside out, look nice. In regards to the exterior of the building, we are still at the mercy of our contractor. We have ordered all the materials and now it totally depends on our contractor when he can spare some time for this project. We definitely appreciate the kind words & the appreciation for what little we have done.Please be patient & keep sending us your honest views & thoughts.
MITCHELL
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed there on a sunday night. We had a nice room, great price, interenet didn't work and the gentleman at the front desk was able to fix. The only thing that they need to do is upgrade the TV. Great value for the price. We will be back...

Room Tip: We were in room 9...
Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Rajan K, Owner at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thanks for writing this review and sharing your honest views & thoughts with us. These reviews encourages us to even do more & better & for that I have to thank all the guests who have stayed with us..In regards to the newer televisions, we cannot afford it at this moment, may be in the very near future.(We are still dealing with the interior as well as the exterior of the building). But , I will ask all of our guests to be patient & please donot give up. We will definitely achieve our goal of making this property one of the best in Chatham, in time.
Leamington, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I stayed in this motel for one night, everything was upgraded new carpet, new bed, new tile and had free wi-fi. over all had a great experience. The gentleman working the front desk was great, and did a good job keeping the place neat and tidy. I would defiantly go back if in the area again.Thank-you Saxony for a great night.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 14, and it was newly renovated.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for writing this review,it means a lot to us.We have managed to change everything in most of the rooms but we are not done yet. Please keep sending your kind thoughts & we will try to make this place ,one of the best in Chatham.We look forward to serving you in the future.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2012

So I was staying at this hotel while attending a conference in the area. As a graduate student, the price is great. The inside of the hotel is VERY clean and the spacious. You can see that it has been newly renovated. I'm felt very comfortable in my room. However, you are surrounded with fellow guests who can make your stay uncomfortable. My neighbour to the right continued to talk to himself and me (in drunken slurs) anytime I was outside. I think it would be a good idea for the hotel to organize/plan the room better. I was sharing the room with a fellow conference attendee and felt safe enough because I wasn't alone, but I would not have felt so had I been travelling by myself as I often do. I think the hotel should better organize new guest and guest that have made the hotel their 'home'. The outside of the hotel was not pleasing to the eye, but this did not bother me.
What did bother me was that there was NO form of business centre. I needed to print some work and was told that the nearest place to do that was approx. 30mins away. So then I asked the hotel management if I could print from their printer. They said yes at .25 cents per page plus tax. I was shocked and they decided to forfeit the request of tax. So I had to pay $5 for 20 pages which I find pretty steep considering everyother hotel I have ever been too has this service for FREE and the price was steep and not in line with my experiences before...but I usually stay in hotels...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Rajan K, Owner at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write & I am very pleased that you loved the room you stayed in. First , let me apologise for the inconvenience you experienced as a guest of our hotel.Second, I wouldlike to address the concerns that you expressed.
We are in the process of putting new metal doors with a peep hole, new windows & a strong dead bolt in all of our rooms. Our contractor has ordered new doors already but it takes time to have them delivered & installed.So,please be patient & bear with us.
We offer our guests free breakfast, free internet, free parking etc but I do know some franchises that charge you even for all the above. Furthermore, we are unable to offer any more free services at this time because our room rates are quite low in comparison to the hospitality industry norm in Canada.
I would have appreciated even more if you had expressed your concerns while you were here & we could have taken steps to rectify the situation because we like our guests to feel safe & at home.Please allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future at our hotel.