“A good place to visit”

Saxony Motel & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I traveled from Detroit to Buffalo and stopped in Chatham ONT Canada for a business call the following morning while my wife remained in the motel room.

This is a family owned motel that is very clean - with well equipped rooms including fridge and microwave and lots of TV stations. Our bedding was new and the bathroom was newly renovated so it was an excellent stay. They offered lots of pastry and good coffee for breakfast, that morning but our diets didn't let us sample the donuts and pastry.

I always hate to bring up pricing, but no matter what the price this was a good motel to visit - and made especially nicer because of their more modestly priced rooms.

Room Tip: There was an on site independent restaurant - didn't try it since we had eaten along the way. Lo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lee R B
Rajan K, Owner at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thanks for writing this review . I am very pleased to know that you really loved our room. Please keep writing your honest reviews & we will keep on working hard to make your next stay more comfortable & pleasant. I hope that you will visit us again , when & if your travels bring you to our town. thanks for staying at Saxony Motel in Chatham.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have had cause to stay here 6 times in the last year and have had 4 different rooms...The rooms have always been clean and for the most part well maintained. I'm certain that they have been updated recently with furniture purchased from a decent "hotel" All of the rooms I stayed in had a new bathroom and"powder room area", a microwave, a small bar-fridge (for your own brought in food etc..) Don't let the exterior deceive you...although I noticed on my last visit they are working hard to change this as well. The only things I would suggest.. bring your own pillows, on each occasion I have rolled up some clothes because the pillows were so flat and bring your own soap/shampoo (it is supplied but is verrrry cheap) In the end for $50/ night you can't CAN'T go wrong! You get what you pay for, and this is well worth the money!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Rajan K, Owner at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write this review & for the kind remarks about our room. Now, let me address the issues you have raised. We change our pillows quite often but some of our repeat customers they do not like the newer pillows. So, I would have appreciated if you had mentioned it to us during your stay & then we would have taken care of it , right away without causing any inconvenience to you. We have changed the soaps too, recently. We have changed the exterior of our building & it looks really nice but we are not done yet. Please visit us again whenever your work or travels bring you by and keep sending us, your honest reviews, they help us grow. We are here to make all are guests happy and it is our top priority to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Clean and surprisingly nice rooms for a $50/night roadside motel. Breakfast not-so-great but there's a Timmy's across the road. My only complaint is no clock-radio! Otherwise, this place is a pretty incredible value.

• Stayed: June 2013
Rajan K, Owner at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thanks for your review. I am very pleased to know that you liked our room. Our budget does not allow us to put alarm clock in every room this year but we will definitely look into it , in the very near future. Please keep sending your honest reviews to us because that gives us the opportunity to know about our guest's expectations which we would like to take care of as soon as possible. . We are here to make all our guests happy & comfortable. We truly hope that you will visit us soon, if and when your travels, bring you in our area.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Rooms were clean and newly renovated. The staff was a bit creepy. The towels appeared to be clean but there was hair on them. The breakfast was not very good. There was a few blueberry muffins and a couple of bruised apples. Good thing we brought our own raisin bread. Go to Tim Horton's across the road or bring your own!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Visitor1234xyz
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We recently stayed at the motel for a hockey tournament. The rooms are very nice and agree with the other reviews that the outside of the motel could use some updating, this would help with the concerns guests may have when they drive up to the motel. It was very deceiving since the rooms and the staff were very accommodating and friendly. They even allowed us to cancel our second nights reservations when we were unsuccessful in the tournament.
It was sincerely appreciated and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2012

In the past three weeks my partner and I stayed there twice each week for business in Chatham. The rooms were great, and the host Roger and his handyman Ken, and the cleaner were very polite and helpful. As for the earlier reviews about bugs etc, there were none. The rooms are now remodelled (new beds etc) and they are now very clean and tidy. I gave it a rating of 5 and would recommend this motel to everyone and anyone who would like a nice clean room without worry about bugs or problems of any kind. Next week I have to finish my business in Chatham and will be staying there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in three different rooms and all of them were great
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ruth M
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Front desk clerk was friendly. Outside is dated, but rooms have been remodeled nicely. Beds are comfortable and clean. Bathroom looks like it belongs to a higher end hotel. We stayed with our three small boys and they were very accommodating, offering a crib and extra towels if needed. Internet was working (they actually have 2 internet connections available, just in case). Breakfast was standard continental fare, but fine. Overall, great hotel for the price. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family