Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chatham South
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$117
US$90
US$86
US$66
Saxony Motel & Restaurant(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$128
Travelocity
Ridgetown Inn(Ridgetown)
US$88
All reviewsgames roomsalt water poolswiss chalethour coffeecinnamon rollsin townfitness roomking suiteclean roomsfront desk staffyogurtgreat place to stayfree breakfastpleasant staffhot breakfastcommon areasstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Chatham, Ontario, is not renowned for its hotels, but the arrival of Holiday Inn Express in 2010 may very well change this perception.

I have stayed in a number of Holiday Inn Express hotels before so I was pleased that one had replaced the Wheels Inn--so-named by locals because of the Ferris wheel that was located behind it.

The Holiday Inn Express, Chatham, is the result of the re-modelling and refurbishing of the Wheels Inn.

As a new hotel, I expected and discovered current decor and comfortable furnishing. Rooms were spacious and clean. I chose a room with a king-sized bed, although the same type of room also offers two queens. My room came with a queen sofa-bed.

Perhaps I was most satisfied by the bedding. All sheets and bedding, including duvets, are white. This is always a good sign for me because it reflects how conscious hotel staff about providing clean bedding. I was especially heartened when I noticed that sheets and duvet covers are changed when a room is vacated (I actually took my time in the corridors and observed the housekeeping staff). There was even a selection of different size pillows to choose from.

The air-conditioning/heating unit was a little noisy, but tolerable and it did not prevent me from falling asleep.

Holiday Inn Express serves breakfast at no additional cost, but it was the usual hotel fare in a comfortable room that easily seats 60 people.

The staff made me feel very welcomed. They were happy to tell me the history of the hotel and encouraged me to return. I will definitely stay there on my next trip to Chatham.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We went to this hotel with a team for tournaments over a weekend. I think we were way overcharged for the room - there was supposed to be a block of rooms together for the parents and kids. They did separate the team on two different floors (which I wasn't too happy about). The rooms were clean, the staff was pleasant. The maintenance man does double duty on the weekends he also works as security, we were talking and he had received a call to fix a toilet - he went to It Immediately. They advertise free continental breakfast and It was way more food then what we were expecting. They had a machine that made pancakes fresh, bread, bagels, english muffins, cereal, scrambelled eggs, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea, oj and cranberry juice, milk. They also had sausages (I didn't try them - they were the only thing there that didn't look good). When any of the breakfast Items were getting low the staff was there Immediately to refill It. I wouldn't go there again because of the cost, I would only normally go to Chatham for tournaments anyway, but the amount they charged our group was too much. The pool was advertised as a salt water pool (which I was looking forward to) It had been clorenated because of the amount of people staying at the hotel. There was a games room for the kids - which they enjoyed as well. The kids didn't care that the pool was not salt water (that was just me) they loved the pool as well.

Room Tip: The suites are the only rooms that have a microwave In them - we were lucky, that's what we ended up with.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a ball tourn here two nights clean comfy rooms spacious all amenities here the pool is on the small side but the kids loved it and the arcade is maxing nice decorated modern hotel I would highly recommend and full breakfast owlets bacon sausage etc .

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed here for an overnight getaway. We booked a suite. The separate bedroom had a very comfortable king size bed. The kids used the queen size pull out sofa - and they loved it...maybe because they could watch tv in bed - a simple luxury for them. The room had plenty of space for the four of us. Lots of restaurants close by. We ordered in food for supper and ate family style in the room - because there was a great kitchen table/chairs in the suite. Kids loved the pool - not huge but perfect for them. Fun games room that didn't hurt the pocketbook. Morning breakfast was perfect - every home should have their pancake machine....staff were outstanding. I can't say anything wrong about this property...on the way home we went bowling at the bowling alley around the corner from the hotel...great getaway.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This is a brand new hotel on the site of the old Wheels Inn. The rooms are large, very clean and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast is standard hotel fare but good, hot with a nice variety. I would absolutely recommend it for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business