“Great spot for learning about sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Midori Sushi

Midori Sushi
Ranked #23 of 134 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Chatham, Canada
“Great spot for learning about sushi”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Hubby and I visited this restaurant last week for lunch. We'd been holding off going because we have never had much experience with sushi and didn't even know how or what to order. Well what a wonderful surprise! The waitress went way beyond what she needed to in order to help us try various dishes and soups. She made suggestions after learning our taste preferences but brought just trial sizes so we could try as much as we liked. Honestly, everything was good, extremely fresh and beautifully presented. The food certainly more than makes up for the rather spartan surroundings and the price for the all-you-can-eat lunch was very reasonable. We're converted! We'll definitely be back, and often. Family and friends were right - the best in town!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Ramblingrose34135

“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I brought my Sushi-loving friend and his wife to the Midori as they eat a lot of it on the West Coast. This was an all-you-can-eat Wednesday supper and we were all hungry. First time here and i was impressed with the size of the place. It was a basic set -up but the restaurant appears very clean. The waiter was patient and helpful as we chose our dishes. I am a dumpling fan and was not disapointed, as the dumplings were not greasy and teasted fresh. My guests were very impressed with the variety of sushi, the amount fo quality food and the presentation of the many dishes we had. He said this place rivaled anywhere in Vancouver. i will come back soon --but it's best to go with three people to experience a good cross-section of their menu items.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank FromChathamOntario
Toronto
“Great lunch at Midori's”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

3 of us had an all you can eat lunch at Midori Sushi this past weekend. Priced right @ $12.95 each, the sushi was fresh and well made although their selection was not as extensive as other sushi restaurants we have been to in Toronto.

Service was friendly and efficient. The restaurant is surprising big as it goes back quite a ways. Decor was pretty basic but clean. Not the type of place you go to for atmosphere but definitely good sushi at a good price.

We were there mid afternoon and the place was pretty busy so that is also telling. There is also viet food eg pho, choice of meat with vermicelli etc on the menu if you don't want all you can eat sushi. I saw that other diners went for this option and everyone seemed happy with their food.

I would definitely go back.

Visited June 2013
Chatham, Canada
“only place in town that offers summer rolls”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

First of all let me tell you I have been to this restaurant a few times, the food is good is here..I particularly like the summer rolls and its the only place in Chatham that I know of that offers these rolls. The problem is this, they are not offered on the all you can eat menu because they are considered Thai or Vietnemese. Now the problem we had today was my husband wanted the all you can eat menu, I did not. I wanted summer rolls and beef pho. That was not possible because we either had to both order off the menu or both get the all you can eat. They would not let me get what I wanted if he was getting the all you can eat. In the past we have done this before, why the change now I don't know. In the end we decided on the all you can eat, then changed our minds and left and went to Sakura sushi on Lacroix, their Tom Yum soup is the best, and one soup that Midori does not offer. Will I go back, most likely, just for an order of summer rolls to go...not to mention that the service was extremely slow today as well

• Visited June 2013
“Excellent all around!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My husband and I have been there now three times (will be four shortly), and we absolutely love it! This is the only place I will eat sushi. Always great service, we always tip highly because they are so genuine.

• Visited May 2013