“A bit of a disappointment...”
Review of Spice and Curry

Spice and Curry
Ranked #4 of 135 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Chatham
“A bit of a disappointment...”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Went with a friend to Spice and Noodle. My friend suggested that I try a lunch special that included some of six different items. Not having had Indian food before I took her suggestion. The garlic cauliflower was delicious, but the rest of the meal was not to my liking. I really did not enjoy. The butter chicken was fine, but the vegetables were cooked in a very spicy sauce and were in tiny pieces. They didn't look or taste appetizing, and the lentils not much better. Perhaps if I had ordered something different it would have better.

The service was fine?

2 Thank jehorney

Ontario
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I can't count how many Indian restaurants I've eaten at. This is by far the best! Each dish is fresh and tasty. They'll make it spicy for those who love some heat or mild for those who don't enjoy the heat. The rogenjosh, paneer tikka masala, and beef vindaloo are amazing but the goat curry is my new favourite. The restaurant is small and comfortable. It's the perfect hidden gem!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank vmas79
Guelph
“Unexpected delight”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

On the suggestion of the hotel receptionist, I tried this restaurant. In a nondescript strip mall, it is small, and could be easily missed. This is a small restaurant, with a simple decor, no linen and candles here, but don't let that put you off... I wasn't expecting that the food would be as wonderful as it was. It was just great. I had the lentil soup, and it was a revelation, full of flavour, veggies and a lovely aroma. My server was friendly and helpful, and worked with me to choose a dish and spice level (I like things spicy!) to my taste. I had the lamb roganjosh. Excellent flavour, just lovely. The rice and naan were perfect complements. The food was wonderful, the server attentive and pleasant, and it was a great meal. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited May 2014
Leamington, Canada
“Delicious food. Don't miss out.”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Delicious Indian food...highly recommended. Lots of choice for vegetarians and other. We will return.

• Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Wow! Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Great service, great food. Very genuine cuisine. If you like hot get the lamb vindaloo. The chili fish is also a favourite.