“All about the Food”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I found this restaurant on the internet and it seemed that it would be a good choice for our Culinary Adventure to Chatham. Zees is housed in a strip mall and doesn't look like much from the outside. The restaurant is small and the decor is simple but don't let that fool you. The food is excellent. We reserved a table for 6 and Kristy was our server. It was her first night on the job and she was delightful and attentive. I started with the Potato & ham soup and it was the best I have ever eaten. I followed this with Filet Mignon. I realized that when my food arrived, I had forgotten the peppercorn/brandy sauce and while I was asking Kristy for it, Bruce (owner/bartender) was already on his way to the kitchen to get it. Everyone enjoyed their meals and drinks. You must try the Bloody Caesar, it is Bruce's specialty and is a work of art. We had a lot of fun and a great meal. My compliments to Cheryl (Owner/Chef).

There are newer reviews for Zees Bistro

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I HIGHLY recommend taking a trip to Zees Bistro and trying out Cheryl's homemade FRESH food!
My Fiance and I love coming to Zee's because it is one of the only places that is consistently delicious, with great service and an intimate atmosphere. We love that Zee's provides their customers with fresh and local food. I always have my hopes set high when we decide on Zee's for dinner and Cheryl (The Chef/Owner) ALWAYS blows away my expectations time and time again. This is my all time favourite spot for lunch and for dinner!! I promise you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank kflannzk
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We are regular customers and have enjoyed many wonderful meals at Zee's. Our favourites at lunch are the fresh salads and wraps. Can't beat a healthy filling lunch for a great price. The chicken pear salad is to die for, the homemade balsamic dressing is the ultimate dressing to pair it with. Our dinners are always a great experience. The ambiance is beautiful at night with lighting and candlelight perfect for date night with your spouse or friends. The staff are so tentative and friendly and always makes our night out even more enjoyable. You must try a Ceaser at Zee's no one in CK can top it, guaranteed. The surf and turf, chicken and fish specials, and homemade pasta are all so tasty. But we always make room for warm bread with homemade butter and dessert. If you are too full always bring home some dessert. You won't regret it !
So pleased to have such a great spot like this in Chatham Kent - highly recommend for lunch dinner or catering !!!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I went here for an anniversary dinner with my boyfriend because it was highly recommended by family and friends. The curb appeal is lacking and the decor inside is not very impressive. We ordered the bruschetta, which was okay in flavour, but the cheese had hardened by the time it got to our table. For entree, I had a pork tenderloin with brie cheese and a blueberry reduction, which was really good and full of flavour. My boyfriend had the filet mignon, which was overcooked. About an hour after our meal, we both had stomach pains and ended up with food poisoning for the next two days. It is a shame because the food was good, but obviously, something made us both very sick :( Also, the waitress was a little rude, and didn't seem like she wanted to do her job.

2  Thank KAT_M21
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We enjoyed a delicious meal here while visiting Chatham. The mussels we started with with well above average although we had to remind our server that we would need bread to sop up the tasty broth. The pork tenderloin special was ordered by two of us and was reported to be excellent. The filet mignon I ordered was perfectly cooked and all in all, the kitchen turned out delicious 'home-style' meals. We would have enjoyed a second cocktail or glass of wine if we'd been asked....but, maybe we should be cutting back anyway.

3  Thank emmaybee