“Best I've Ever Had.”

Mike's Place
Ranked #47 of 138 Restaurants in Chatham
“Best I've Ever Had.”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I specifically joined this site to leave a review after reading the one below. I have been coming to Mike's Place since I was a little girl. NEVER have I had a bad experience. Also, the patio is AWESOME, and the atmosphere is great. I've never had a bad experience with service, but they do get quite busy. Best, wings, pizzas and PANZEROTTIS.OMG the Panzerottis are to die for and with out a doubt the best in town. I usually eat one of the 3, but others I have been with have never had an issue with their meals either. NEVER have I had an issue with Brenda, I think she is a sweet lady. My kids like going because they get to make their own pizza, and they get a toy. I'm sure if they did make a mistake, they would take care of you if you speak up.

Only complaint I would have is I'm always too full when I leave!

• Visited May 2013

“Consistently Inconsistent”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This place used to have the best pizza in town. Actually, all their food was quite good. I was quite a regular weekly customer. Any more, the quality of the food seems to be directly related to who might show up to cook it that day. In the last 4 or 5 years it would appear they really don't care about their customers any more. They have adopted the "I don't need you as a customer becasue we're busy anyway" attitude. It starts at the top with Brenda. Getting a smile or any kind of social interaction seems to be quite a chore. It's gotten to the point where she seems to be down right miserable, and that is no way to treat your regular customers, especially when she is the one at the door most times. With the exception of one decent pizza, the last 5 or 6 meals I have had here have been edible at best, and downright awful at worst. The pub side can have a good atmosphere, and a good selection on tap, but that doesn't make up for the prevailing attitude. If you want a good place to just go drink, it's fine, but if you want good food, it's gonna be a bit of a crap shoot.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank John B
“Our lunch place”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

They have the best onion rings and burgers and soup and and and1
Everything is good and we love to go for lunch. Portions are large and we usually take home a doggy bag.

Visited December 2012
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
“Amazing Panzerotti's”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I don't think you should go anywhere else if you want a panzerotti. My husband won't get one anywhere else - he actually craves them haha!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jenny S
Chatham, Canada
“A bit pricey for basically a bar”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Took my father there and the prices were the first thing he noticed (oh and how dark the place is inside too).Onion ring were the highest we've seen. The menu items for lunch were a little on the heavy side, so we opted for the clubhouse sandwich which they made to his liking. Fries were very fresh and crisp and the overall bill for the clubs were reasonable, but that was were it was limited too. Their pricing was more in line with a dining room, not a bar.

Visited September 2012