“Excellent”

Casabella on the Thames
Ranked #15 of 136 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Windsor, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Visited Casabella on theThames April 21st of this year, and I'm so glad we did! This beautiful old mansion is situated on the Thames River. There are a few different rooms here, some of the smaller ones would be very private for small groups or romantic for couples. We were seated (without reservations) at the largest dinning area overlooking the river. So pretty and nothing was of yet starting to bloom, can't imagine how lovely it will be in the summer, or fall. The food was wonderful we (4of us ) all enjoyed our meals. Two of us had grouper, one had a chicken tai dish and another chicken parmesan w/ pasta.Service and wine wonderful as well. Can't wait to go back to this charming restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank 2happytravellers33

Chatham, Ontario, Canada
“Beautiful location, entrees are great!”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is one of our favourite spots to eat out in Chatham. We repeatedly order the veal medallions and the duck :). Entrees are the strong card here (appetizers and desserts could be more refined). We'd love to see more local fare and wild game being offered. The dining room is getting dated and the menu a little tired. We find the affordable options on the wine list limited. We always get great service here!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank thesilentJ
Toronto, Canada
“A gem”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

A colleague and I had a delightful dinner at Casabella a couple of weeks ago. We had a little problem finding the front door because the lights were out, and we thought the restaurant was closed, but we got in and were very pleasantly surprised with the experience. The service was attentive and enthusiastic, and the meals were delicious. I had the veal; it was nice, even though I usually prefer my veal medium. Great sides, and a fresh salad to start, included in the price. We were both on limited per diem amounts, and our meals were well within our budget. I will return to Casabella next time I'm in Chatham!

• Visited February 2013
Chatham, Canada
“Spectacular meal!”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Visited Casa Bella once again to celebrate a friend's birthday. The service was excellent as usual, this time Lydia was our hostess. Plentiful specials and my friend and I had the veal wrapped in bacon topped with cheese and a portobello mushroom. Ooooooooo what a flavor sensation. If they ever have this special, you must try it. The women both had the stuffed chicken breast coated in almonds and both had difficulty finishing it as it was so large. All in all we had a fantastic evening complimented with a Peller Estate blush that went very well with the entrees. This was our friends first time there and they were suitably impressed.

• Visited January 2013
Chatham, Canada
“Wonderful food, terrific view”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We went for dinner on Sunday evening and it was a beautiful day. This is only our second visit to Casabella but it was great. Not being a huge fan of Italian food (my fiance loves it) they always have something to suit a non italian taste. I had chicken stuffed with raspberry cream cheese. Oh yum!! If you are seated at the window as we were, the view is lovely. They have a small waterfall and stream running down the slope into a large pond. Then there is an expanse of lawn and the river Thames flowing along peacefully. It all just makes for a perfect romantic dinner. There is also patio dining if you wish.
When the wait staff says I hope we will see you again soon they mean it. It was an excellent evening.

• Visited August 2012