“Dinner at Casabella on the Thames”

Casabella on the Thames
Ranked #16 of 139 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Our family of 4 celebrated Father's Day this past Saturday with dinner at Casabella on the Thames. We choose this restaurant after reviewing Chatham restaurants via Tripadvisor so thank you to the members who posted.

We had a nice window table overlooking the muddy Thames river - muddy river not the restaurant's fault of course. Service was quick and friendly. The only thing I would point out is that the waitress did not ask us how everything was or if we needed anything else once the food was served which I found odd.

The menu is extensive and there had to have been 5 or 6 specials as well. The guys ordered steak and raved about it...done perfectly to order and the sides were nice. One of us upgraded the salad to a caesar salad for a couple of bucks and it was good. The regular green salad that came with all the meals was so/so. I would upgrade to the caesar next time. I had the veal parmesan and it was good although I have had better. The pasta side that it came with was so/so. My meal was probably the only one not worth raving about.

Dessert - chocolate cake and pecan pie were also raved about. A word of caution -- pops are a small size and are not refillable so you are charged for every top up. We didn't realize this until the bill came.

Would I go back? Probably, although there are enough highly rated restaurants in Chatham that I would probably try another one next time. If my meal was worth raving about as well, I may have answered differently.

1  Thank GusToronto
There are newer reviews for Casabella on the Thames

Reviewed 26 May 2013

The ambiance is amazing! Extensive menu and the veal parmigiana was the best I have had anywhere.
Service is very swift and portions are large. Very reasonable pricing for such a fine dining experience. Staff is very attentive and checks often to confirm everything is to your satisfaction.

2  Thank GaryTravels
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from another awesome meal at Casa Bella. We try to eat there twice a month and over the years I cannot think of a single meal that wasn't perfect. Tonight I had the steak and it was cooked to perfection. Glenys our waitress was smiling and pleasant a evening and help make the meal another perfect night. We have nothing but good things to say about Casa Bella and recommend it to everyone.

2  Thank Bamboozl
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Visited Casabella on theThames April 21st of this year, and I'm so glad we did! This beautiful old mansion is situated on the Thames River. There are a few different rooms here, some of the smaller ones would be very private for small groups or romantic for couples. We were seated (without reservations) at the largest dinning area overlooking the river. So pretty and nothing was of yet starting to bloom, can't imagine how lovely it will be in the summer, or fall. The food was wonderful we (4of us ) all enjoyed our meals. Two of us had grouper, one had a chicken tai dish and another chicken parmesan w/ pasta.Service and wine wonderful as well. Can't wait to go back to this charming restaurant.

3  Thank 2happytravellers33
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is one of our favourite spots to eat out in Chatham. We repeatedly order the veal medallions and the duck :). Entrees are the strong card here (appetizers and desserts could be more refined). We'd love to see more local fare and wild game being offered. The dining room is getting dated and the menu a little tired. We find the affordable options on the wine list limited. We always get great service here!

2  Thank thesilentJ