“Good food, Good Service”

Casabella on the Thames
Ranked #13 of 139 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

You can find good food, and good service here. The staff are very accommodating. and will go out of their way to serve you in a very friendly and helpful manner. Food wise, there is a variety to choose from, delicious bread, great salads, and a variety of meats to choose from. So sit back and enjoy.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were in Chatham for another event, and were looking for a special place with ambiance and charm. We found both at Casabella on the Thames, as well as a delicious and well prepared meal. From the well prepared cocktails to the Pecan Pie dessert, everyone in the party had a meal that they truly enjoyed. All of us agreed that we would recommend Casabella to anyone heading to Chatham.

1  Thank MorganCleveland
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Casabella is our favourite place to go for special occasions. In fact we took our extended family for our 50th annniversary. Their food is always good. I love the veal medallions and my husband usually chooses the salmon. This is an lovely Victorian home situated on the Thames river; so the views are also great. Lunches are a treat as well

1  Thank jehorney
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We travel a lot, so don't eat out in Chatham all that often. When we do, it is usually with friends at Casa Bella. If we go for lunch, we almost always order their fish soup. It is quite reasonably priced, full of good seafood and quite enough for us to have for lunch. One warning: They make the fish soup from scratch and it takes about half an hour. Making it from scratch is one of the things that makes it so good but you don't want to be in a rush. On our visit last week, we sat outside on the patio, overlooking the gardens and the river. Very nice.
Casa Bella is also a great place for dinner. The ambience is great, and the service always good. Plus, we've never had a bad meal there.

1  Thank RandyRoss
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Our family of 4 celebrated Father's Day this past Saturday with dinner at Casabella on the Thames. We choose this restaurant after reviewing Chatham restaurants via Tripadvisor so thank you to the members who posted.

We had a nice window table overlooking the muddy Thames river - muddy river not the restaurant's fault of course. Service was quick and friendly. The only thing I would point out is that the waitress did not ask us how everything was or if we needed anything else once the food was served which I found odd.

The menu is extensive and there had to have been 5 or 6 specials as well. The guys ordered steak and raved about it...done perfectly to order and the sides were nice. One of us upgraded the salad to a caesar salad for a couple of bucks and it was good. The regular green salad that came with all the meals was so/so. I would upgrade to the caesar next time. I had the veal parmesan and it was good although I have had better. The pasta side that it came with was so/so. My meal was probably the only one not worth raving about.

Dessert - chocolate cake and pecan pie were also raved about. A word of caution -- pops are a small size and are not refillable so you are charged for every top up. We didn't realize this until the bill came.

Would I go back? Probably, although there are enough highly rated restaurants in Chatham that I would probably try another one next time. If my meal was worth raving about as well, I may have answered differently.

1  Thank GusToronto