“Always great”

Price range: US$15 - US$36
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Chef's Table is a casual fine dining restaurant specializing in unique Mediterranean cuisine. Also specializing in Catering, Vintage Wines, Private Parties special dietary needs and The Chef's Mood. The Chef's mood is a four course meal created according to your own individual tastes! You get an appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. We ask you about your likes and dislikes and bring you out a creative four course meal totally according to you. For those not so adventurous, we have a full menu that will be sure to impress. We hope to see you soon! Call for reservations.
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The chef's mood is always interesting, no decisions to be made other than what I will have to drink.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We went to the Chef;s Table for my granddaughter's birthday at her request. My husband and I had been before for lunch which I found ordinary.
We all decided to have the Chef's Mood. The restaurant was full with one very large table of around 12, our table of 6 and two other tables I think of 4. It is a small place so that pretty much filled it up.
The service was excellent. How one waitress did the whole thing is beyond me but she did.
The food was another matter. Maybe because it was so busy it was hard for the chef. My appetizer was brochetta which I normally would not order as I find it boring and it was. Some of the others were interesting. The salads were a hit and inventive. The entree was a dissapointment. My son's veal, my steak (I think it was steak) and my husband's lamb chops were all tough. The one hit was one of my granddaughters had pork loin chop which she loved. The other granddaughter had Salmon and she had told the waitress she did not like seafood and the waitress said she had mixed up the plates but it was too late.
The desserts for my son and I were more than dissapointing they were awful. The others fared better.
I do not think I would go back to this venue again. There are so many great places to eat in Chatham with outstanding menu's. The price is very high for the quality we got.

1  Thank BridgetD710
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

This is a great fine dining place
It can be a bit pricey but food is always good with great service. Lunch is also special there

1  Thank jehorney
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We have saved a lot of grief by following Tripadvisor reviews...if most people like a restaurant, we probably will too. Such was the case this evening when we went to Chef's Table for dinner. The hostess/server was very gracious and friendly. We read how the restaurant is small and gets crowded, so we made a point to arrive early. We also looked at the menu online, so we knew what we wanted when we got there.
My wife started with the Greek salad which came with lots of olives, just the way she likes it. My tomato soup was full bodied, flavorful, and just a hint of spice. My wife was delighted with her pork chop with its maple and apple topping, while my veal parmesan was very tasty as well. Our desserts were as delicious as the main course...it's been a long time since I had Cherries Jubilee. One probably shouldn't judge a restaurant by its coffee, but I find an amazing correlation between the two. Chef's Table has great coffee! The bill came to just over $100 with tax and tip ( including an appetizer), which we feel is about right for a good restaurant.
We liked the wide menu choices because she is far more adventuresome than old meat-and-potatoes me. We liked the nice atmosphere, the linens, the candlelight, the friendly (but not intrusive) service. Our one gripe? The music, while nicely romantic, was just a little loud for quiet conversation.
So, my fellow reviewers have picked another winner, and we concur. People who enjoy good food in a mellow atmosphere will enjoy Chef's Table. Another Chatham surprise.

2  Thank Bill J
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Tried it out 4 years ago after it first opened and did the Chef's Surprise that was excellent. This time a bit disappointed as the experience did not match what we remembered. We both ordered off the menu and while my wife enjoyed her butternut squash ravioli, my mahi mahi was a bit on the overcooked side and the asparagus too skinny and cool (Chatham is the asparagus capital of Canada). While Mike the owner and chef came out an had an extensive conversation with the one other patron in the restaurant, he did not take the time to say hello and ask about the meal. It was apparent someone was cooking our meal while he was chatting. While the hostess was engaging and helpful, there was an absence of knowledge and engagement with us that we had enjoyed 4 years ago