“Never Disappoints” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chilled Cork Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #3 of 135 Restaurants in Chatham
Price range: US$3 - US$30
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chatham, Canada
“Never Disappoints”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My mum and I do Lunch everyday throughout Chatham and have gotten to know the Lunches. Chilled cork is one we always come back to. We can always count on a good lunch, good service and a nice atmosphere.
We also go out to dinner about 3 times a week and Chilled Cork is always the first choice. We still go to other places but always return to the "Cork"

• Visited August 2014

Chatham, Canada
“Excellent Restaurant That's much needed in downtown Chatham.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I chose this restaurant for our wedding anniversary breakfast. It was easy to get in without a reservation and the service was excellent. Even though they were fairly busy and only a few servers were on hand we were well taken care of. Coffee refills a plenty. I ordered the eggs Benedict, which was the special and my wife had the same Mexican style. We both cleaned our plates. My eggs were perfectly cooked to order, the hollandaise sauce was delicious and the saltiness of the asparagus is what made the dish. Not over salted or seasoned, and perfectly cooked. The meal came with a bowl of fresh fruit. We have been here before for breakfast and on Valentines Day for their special. Service was spot on for all occasions. As an aside, I love the decor and the movie posters and local antiques. A beautiful spot in Chatham, that is truly a nice focal point for downtown. I'd advise anyone to check it out.

• Visited August 2014
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

As others have said, I really want to like this place. Beautiful inside, immaculate & the food always sounds good. Unfortunately the food has never loved up to my expectations & the poor service always shocked me. Our last visit was for a late breakfast. We were the only customers in the restaurant & still had poor service! The waitress stopped me in the middle of placing my order to go answer the phone and took about 5 minutes to return. We had to ask her to refill our coffee & water.

Windsor, Canada
“Not a great choice for a business lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

As others have said, I want to like this place. It's got a hip, urban vibe (at least in the context of Chatham) and makes the downtown look less lame. Unfortunately, I've had to give up on this place, however, because their service is soooo slooooow at lunch time. We're talking about an hour and a half to get sandwiches and fries and salads. The food itself is decent... nothing to write home about, and frankly kind of pricey for what you get.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Uxbridge, Canada
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

4 of us on a culinary adventure chose the Chilled Cork for our first dinner. It is a cute place, the food was good and the service excellent. Brittany was our server and she had an excellent sense of humour was very accommodating when it came to our special requests to changes in the menu. Definitely worth a visit. It won't blow you away but it won't disappoint.

• Visited July 2014