“"The BEST B&B ever..."”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brockville
Green Door Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Brockville B&B and Inns
Chatham, Canada
“"The BEST B&B ever..."”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My recent work related travel, took me to charming Brockville located on the St. Lawrence River. While searching for a convenient location to lodge, I came across this inviting site and was intrigued by the rave reviews and welcoming photos of 'The Green Door' and their story of its origin...by owners Peter and Lynne. My first time booking with a B&B for business was incredible! From the first hello and charming farewell, it was perfect! My room 'the boat house' was awesome, as is each room in the house...so tastefully decorated, with personality and charm. Clean as a whistle, comfortable, private and convenient for work or play activities! And to top if off, Lynne and Peter welcome your morning with a fresh, creative breakfast choices fit for a king, queen or princess, along with their cheery 'good morning', warm smiles and interesting chats left me feeling like family. I so look forward to returning to 'The Green Door' and chats with Peter and Lynne, and wish the same experience for you! ~ Peggy

3 Thank Peggy S
SaintLawrenceChick, Owner at Green Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Peggy,
Thank you very much for writing this wonderful review of the Green Door. It was a joy to have you as a guest in our home! We are pleased to see this new trend of business travelers choosing B&B's as their accommodation/base. We hope that you enjoyed meeting other guests during your stay - for us this is an added bonus when we travel. Hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards, Lynne & Peter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Looking for a place to stay in Brockville Ontario ? I stayed with Peter & Lynne..The Green Door.

As a first timer at a B & B I was pleasently surprised. Very welcoming as if I were family, very clean, comfortable, cozy, excellent breakfast and very friendly.

I will sure go back and I do suggest to try it you' ll like it.

Joseph Di Ruocco
Montreal

Room Tip: All different and clean
2 Thank JDR1958
SaintLawrenceChick, Owner at Green Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Joseph, Peter and I are thrilled that you enjoyed your first B&B experience. We hope that you will choose B&B's again. When we travel we find it a wonderful opportunity to meet interesting people
from around the world. Hope to see you again!
Baden, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The green door is truly a hidden gem nestled in the heart of downtown Brockville! The accommodations are top notch and the hosts make you feel at home with their gifts for conversation and culinary expertise. You are missing out if you choose to stay elsewhere!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kenneth B
Thank you for the rave review! It was a pleasure to host you and your Father.....hope to see you again soon.
Toronto
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I travel a lot for both business and pleasure and whenever possible I book into a B&B. The Green Door B&B has been created with love and great attention to detail. I was in Mrs Brown room and it was comfortable and charming. The painting of the birds nest on the floor was a lovely surprise.

Breakfast was creative, attractive and quite wonderful. The ambiance in the general rooms is warm and inviting.

I would place the Green Door in my top 5 list of favourite B&Bs.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for the review. We're delighted that we met your expectations and that you've designated the Green Door as one of your favourites. We hope that you will visit again soon. With kind regards, Lynne and Peter
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Food was some of the best I have ever had anywhere, I know that sounds like hyperbole but it's true. Maybe my expectations have been lowered by years of hotel lobby waffles, but seriously, I ask you, a basket of just baked sour cherry scones to nibble on while you await your freshly cooked breakfast? Home made marmalade. Bacon cooked to perfection. Beautiful coffee. I could go on & on but I'm a busy guy...

Room was very nice, gorgeous bathroom, whole place was so clean I could not believe my eyes. Peter gave me some genuinely great tips about places to go in Brockville & short cuts to take getting around town. I haven't even mentioned the stunning job they've done on the conversion...

If you go to Brockville & stop anywhere else you need your head examined.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Lee P
SaintLawrenceChick, Owner at Green Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Guest,
What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking time out to write it. It was a pleasure having you as a guest in our B&B - this is a place to be shared and we love doing just that!
Hope to see you again sometime soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Green Door B&B is beautifully decorated, absolutely immaculately clean, quiet as a church (pun intended) and has beautiful architectural surroundings. Lynne and Peter are lovely, resonsive and also very respectful of your privacy. They are also amazing cooks and somehow managed to provide a delightfully gourmet breakfast despite my myriad dietary issues. The B&B itself is in an ideal location to explore the Brockville waterfront, shops and dining areas, and is really right in the heart of the heritage district.

A wonderful place for a quiet getaway...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LA B
Pontiac County, Quebec
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My recently widowed mother , two of my sisters and I spent three nights at the Green Door recently, to celebrate my mother's 85th birthday. We had the Writer's Suite between the four of us, with a shared bathroom for the two rooms. It was very private. The beds were luxurious, the bathroom was large, with a heated floor and the fluffiest towels I have ever encountered!
The Melegs are exceedingly kind and personable. The breakfasts were lovingly made and the coffee was wonderful. We enjoyed sitting by the wood pellet fire in the evenings, reading or playing Scrabble. This was such a peaceful and enjoyable experience...I do believe that it may turn into an annual event!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family