“Even the non-B&Ber will love the Green Door”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brockville
Green Door Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Brockville B&B and Inns
Ontario, Canada
“Even the non-B&Ber will love the Green Door”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

When a reserch project recently took me to Brockville for an extended stay, I booked into the Green Door. It had been several years since I last stayed at a Bed & Breakfast but the Green Door's downtown location was perfect. And so was my stay. The bed was comfortable, the room generous in size with a large ensuite bathroom. (Among the many added touches available, the Portofino towels were particularly lovely.) Breakfast was declious, varied and always just the right amount. In the evenings I enjoyed catching up on my research notes and email from a cozy corner in the comfortable main sitting room. Lynne and Peter Meleg are gracious hosts with an unerring sense of how to make their guests feel at home. If you are not usually a B&B person, this one is well worth a try. If you enjoy B&B, the Green Door should be at the top of your list. It is worth a stay just to experience the magic Lynne and Peter have accomplished in transforming this historic building. Thank you, Lynne and Peter, for a delightful stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 244Catherine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wellington, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

This B&B is among the best of the best! Peter and Lynn do such an amazing job on every level.
They are attentive, friendly and interesting to talk with. This renovated church is such an unique and beautiful place. It is inspiring to hear about all the renovations and experiences they have had over the years ....not to mention the astounding amount of hard work!
This is the second visit for me and my friend and between us we've stayed in a number of rooms. Every one is spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated and comfortable. Lynn and Peter have a great sense of style and every room is different.
Then there is the breakfast which is fresh, delicious and the presentation beautiful. You'd never get this breakfast at a hotel or most B&Bs!
I am a B&B owner myself. I see what high standards they have set for the enjoyment of their guests. They do an awesome job. I intend on returning for another visit. You'll love it too!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Willows_10
Goderich, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

To Peter and Lynn, the owners of the Green Door, the comfort of their guests is paramount. I stayed one night this week at the Green Door. Lynn's friendly welcome and Peter's unobtrusive attention to detail made for a wonderful but all too brief stay. How does Lynn get those towels so fluffy? I'd also like to know her secret for such a light, fluffy mushroom omlette ... Perfection. Thanks Lynn & Peter for making an otherwise dutiful family occasion (funeral) into a cheerful and pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Book Early. This B&B is in high demand. My room which had 2 single beds is large and sunny. E...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Murray-the-Dog
, Owner at Green Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
It was lovely meeting you and we are so pleased that we were able to bring some cheer to your time here. Hopefully you can stay longer on your next visit and linger for a bit on our new deck.
Thank you for posting this review.
Kind regards, Lynne and Peter
Adelaide, SA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We booked this B&B on the basis of reviews on this site and we were certainly not disappointed - it was fabulous. Attention to detail, fluffy towels, gourmet breakfasts and the wonderful couple who run this establishment made our stay there a highlight of our time in Canada. We used this as a stopover from Ottawa to Montreal and did a day trip to Kingston from here. Rockport is nearby and offers a good opportunity to do a tour of the 1000 Islands.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travellers026
SaintLawrenceChick, Owner at Green Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Thank you so much for posting this review. It was a real pleasure spending time with you, discussing the Australian wild life and vineyards. If we ever get down to Adelaide be assured that we will be round to sample some of your wine. Cheers! Lynne and Peter
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Very glad we ditched an overnight trip to Ottawa when we realized it was race weekend, because we defaulted to 24 hours in unexpectedly charming Brockville at one of the best run B and Bs I've ever stayed in. Lynne and Peter are a rare combination of completely professional and warmly welcoming. They have ingeniously converted this Pentecostal tabernacle into a small, sophisticated inn with immaculate, imaginative rooms and common space and an open kitchen to envy. Best of all, learning of mutual Hungarian roots among Peter, myself and four other guests opened us up to conversation that I wish could have lasted much longer. Therefore I'll be back to continue it, and to enjoy another tranquil night and delicious breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nellike
Koszonom szépen! What a pleasure to meet you and a great surprise to discover our common roots. We are waiting for a bit of cool weather to cook up our favourite Hungarian dishes and listen to the Billy Farkas CD that we purchased in Budapest last year. We'll be thinking of you. Remélem hamarosan ujbol talalkozunk!
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

My recent work related travel, took me to charming Brockville located on the St. Lawrence River. While searching for a convenient location to lodge, I came across this inviting site and was intrigued by the rave reviews and welcoming photos of 'The Green Door' and their story of its origin...by owners Peter and Lynne. My first time booking with a B&B for business was incredible! From the first hello and charming farewell, it was perfect! My room 'the boat house' was awesome, as is each room in the house...so tastefully decorated, with personality and charm. Clean as a whistle, comfortable, private and convenient for work or play activities! And to top if off, Lynne and Peter welcome your morning with a fresh, creative breakfast choices fit for a king, queen or princess, along with their cheery 'good morning', warm smiles and interesting chats left me feeling like family. I so look forward to returning to 'The Green Door' and chats with Peter and Lynne, and wish the same experience for you! ~ Peggy

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Peggy S
SaintLawrenceChick, Owner at Green Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Peggy,
Thank you very much for writing this wonderful review of the Green Door. It was a joy to have you as a guest in our home! We are pleased to see this new trend of business travelers choosing B&B's as their accommodation/base. We hope that you enjoyed meeting other guests during your stay - for us this is an added bonus when we travel. Hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards, Lynne & Peter
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Looking for a place to stay in Brockville Ontario ? I stayed with Peter & Lynne..The Green Door.

As a first timer at a B & B I was pleasently surprised. Very welcoming as if I were family, very clean, comfortable, cozy, excellent breakfast and very friendly.

I will sure go back and I do suggest to try it you' ll like it.

Joseph Di Ruocco
Montreal

Room Tip: All different and clean
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank JDR1958
SaintLawrenceChick, Owner at Green Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Joseph, Peter and I are thrilled that you enjoyed your first B&B experience. We hope that you will choose B&B's again. When we travel we find it a wonderful opportunity to meet interesting people
from around the world. Hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville
The Noble Suites Experiences
The King Orchard Inn
The King Orchard Inn
#5 of 7 in Brockville

Been to Green Door Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!