Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Brockville
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. There was a mix up with the rooms (they say I booked incorrectly, I think they overbooked) and we had to move rooms the second night. The hotel was full with a young boys baseball tournament (maybe 11 yr olds). As parents, we've been there, done that for both baseball and hockey, but I don't recall our kids knocking on doors etc and bouncing a ball against our wall in the hallway (maybe selective memory, but I don't think so) but it isn't the hotel's fault. The first morning the food was pretty much gone from the breakfast room by 9 am and although the breakfast was to be served until 10, there was nothing replenished. The second morning the selection was much better and staff was visible restocking items. There is an indoor pool on site (didn't use) and it is walking distance to a couple of restaurants (East Side Marios etc). The one thing that bugged me was we used the stairs to get to our second floor room and the night we checked in, there was a dirty foam earplug on the stair landing that was still there 3 days later when we checked out. Also, after arriving home I thought I had left my camera charge cord in the room and I called the hotel - front desk says they will check lost and found and put me on hold - came back a while later and said no, they didn't have it but that housekeeping has their own lost and found and they would leave a message with them and they would check and call me back - no one ever called back (turned up in another bag afterall). All in all, it was OK, and I wouldn't not stay here again, but I might try another place if available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandye7685
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express and Suites for your recent stay, we realize that you have many options while staying in the area.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The prices were good. The rooms were nice. One of the cleaning ladies, I believe her name was Kate or Katie, was working with urine soaked pants and absolutely reeked. The breakfast was okay, but I felt the fruit could have been fresher.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jjww44
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review. We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the issue you had, It is being dealt with appropriately.

Thanks

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived late to find the hotel was full as we're mist others in town. The front desk clerk recommend another HIE just 30 minutes away and also booked us rooms for the following three nights as there was vacancies.

During my stay I had some documents emailed to the hotel and asked if I could have 10 two page copies make and waiting at the front desk - no problem and to my surprise, no charge. All front desk staff throughout the day were very helpful and friendly. Had a great business stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this time to Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brockville for your recent stay and for your wonderful review. We all at the Holiday Inn Express Brockille take great pride in making sure we provide our guests with a great guest experience each and every day. I will be passing along your review for all my staff to read.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I spent 10 nights in the hotel in June 2014, the hotel is very nice and well kept. The staff is all very nice and helpful. The hotel has a nice onsite laundry facility which was very helpful for my extended stay. There are several restaurants within easy walking distance or short drive.

Room Tip: if you have trouble with ambient noise, the hotel is very close to the 401, so ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt H
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Matt H
I would like to take this time to thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brockville for your recent stay and for the wonderful review. All of the staff at our hotel take great pride in providing our guests with Great Hotels Guests Love. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel defies expectations. There was a welcome note upon arrival for the assistant general manager, bottle of water and chips in the room with a hand written note from house keeping in the room. The room was spacious and clean with updated amenities. The hotel pool looked nice, but didn't have a chance to swim in it. The breakfast is a nice hot breakfast with choices for all ages. If I am passing through brockville this will be my place of chice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank petermcarr
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Mr. Carr

I would like to start off by thanking you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brockville for your recent stay. We always strive to provide the best guest experience, and we appreciate all feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, I have printed it out for all of our staff to read. We are getting ready to Celebrate Service with our staff and I am happy to start it off with a 5 Star review. You will also be receiving a Heart Beat Survey by email in the next couple of days, We would really appreciate your time in filling this out also.
We value your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We checked into this hotel after fleeing from the horrible Travelodge next door. This hotel was a welcome relief. Very clean, loved the sheets, loved the bed and pillows, loved the towels. The "continental" breakfast was very impressive and included hot items such as eggs and sausage. We did not have an opportunity to use the pool area but it looked nice. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel S
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Rachel S

I would like to start off by Thanking you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brockville for you stay with us. We strive to provide the best guest experience each and every time, and I am very pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Clean mid range priced hotel with a great breakfast included. Speedy checkin and checkout. We were on our way to Ottawa from the Toronto area and with the traffic that evening, a 4-5 hour trip was getting into the 7th hour. Decent distance away from the 401 (major hi-way) so no noise issue. Again room was clean, beds very comfortable and free wifi included.

Room Tip: gas prices I find in this area tend to be a couple of cents cheaper then other communities along the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John F

Dear JohnF

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brockville for your recent stay, I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay. All of us at the hotel pride ourselves in providing all of our guests with the best guest experience we can each and every time they visit.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Amanda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockville
Comfort Inn
#3 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Super 8 Brockville
Super 8 Brockville
#3 of 6 in Brockville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville? Share your experiences!