“Great stop on the way Montreal”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Brockville
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel was conveniently located near the highway and by several tourist stops on the way from Toronto. Very clean hotel with good sized room and comfortable beds. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brockville for your recent stay, and for taking the time to write a review. We all at the Holiday Inn Express Brockville take great pride in making sure all of our guests have the best Guest Experience each and every time they stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you in the future

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have never given a poor review until now. I have stayed at this hotel before with no complaints but this time the breakfast room was chaotic. No tables, no chairs, no food, too many kids unsupervised! Too many adults unsupervised!! I realize it was a long week-end but you pay for this service and the hotel should have been more prepared eg folding chairs, tables, putting large groups in a separate area. I am sure this happens a lot on week-ends or when hockey, baseball teams are in town. I observed one older couple looking for a place to sit. Next I saw them checking out, probably going to Tim Horton's. It was terrible but I do give kudos to the breakfast staff who had to fight their way through the mayhem. You basically have to go to breakfast as soon as they open, eat in your room or tag along with a big crowd and bully your way to chairs and tables!!! Good Luck.

Room Tip: If you are a senior, go to breakfast when they open. Save time go in your pj's or go to Tim Ho...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynne H
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your recent stay. We understand that you have many choices when in the area. We strive at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites to provide the best guest experience to each and every guest we see. I understand your frustrations you had with your experience with Breakfast during your stay. As standard with all Holiday Inn Express & Suite properties there is only one facility to hold the breakfast and when the hotel is sold out it can be a very busy place in the morning. On the weekend you stay we had over 250 people go through the breakfast room in a short 3 hours. With a hotel with only 80 rooms this can be overwhelming to the guests and staff alike.
We do value you and look forward to seeing you in the future should you choose to stay with us again.
Thanks for taking the time to fill out a review, I will be sitting down with my Breakfast bar staff to see if there is anything we can do to help with these busy mornings.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

You know the hotel is probably noisy, when the staff offer you ear plugs or white noise machines when you check in...

This hotel was built right next to highway 401 (and there are other hotels here too!), and the traffic goes all night long. Rooms themselves were quiet from other guests.

But the hotel itself was modern, clean, staff were very friendly and helpful, and free breakfast was great. (lots of choice - hot foods - bacon, eggs, and fruit and, and, and...)

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the 401, although my colleagues said those rooms were noisy too...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank paula_eyler
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brockville for your recent stay and for taking the time to fill out a review. All of our staff take great pride in providing each and every guest with "A Great Hotel Guests Love"
With regards to your comments on the highway noise to assist with future bookings, all of our Deluxe King and Queen Suites as well as our Junior King Suites are located on the North side away from the Highway.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were looking for a hotel by hwy 401 to stay the night. This hotel is close to the highway, very clean rooms, and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel has a modern decor and gives the impression of being new. The hotel's breakfast was tasty with lots of hot and cold options (western omelettes and scrambled eggs were good). We thought the highway traffic noise would interfere with sleep but that was not the case ( hotel provided ear plugs in the room - did not need). Holiday Inn Express Brockville was great!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brockville for your recent stay, and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete a review. We take great pride in making sure each and every guest has a great experience each and every time they stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. There was a mix up with the rooms (they say I booked incorrectly, I think they overbooked) and we had to move rooms the second night. The hotel was full with a young boys baseball tournament (maybe 11 yr olds). As parents, we've been there, done that for both baseball and hockey, but I don't recall our kids knocking on doors etc and bouncing a ball against our wall in the hallway (maybe selective memory, but I don't think so) but it isn't the hotel's fault. The first morning the food was pretty much gone from the breakfast room by 9 am and although the breakfast was to be served until 10, there was nothing replenished. The second morning the selection was much better and staff was visible restocking items. There is an indoor pool on site (didn't use) and it is walking distance to a couple of restaurants (East Side Marios etc). The one thing that bugged me was we used the stairs to get to our second floor room and the night we checked in, there was a dirty foam earplug on the stair landing that was still there 3 days later when we checked out. Also, after arriving home I thought I had left my camera charge cord in the room and I called the hotel - front desk says they will check lost and found and put me on hold - came back a while later and said no, they didn't have it but that housekeeping has their own lost and found and they would leave a message with them and they would check and call me back - no one ever called back (turned up in another bag afterall). All in all, it was OK, and I wouldn't not stay here again, but I might try another place if available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandye7685

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express and Suites for your recent stay, we realize that you have many options while staying in the area.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The prices were good. The rooms were nice. One of the cleaning ladies, I believe her name was Kate or Katie, was working with urine soaked pants and absolutely reeked. The breakfast was okay, but I felt the fruit could have been fresher.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jjww44
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review. We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the issue you had, It is being dealt with appropriately.

Thanks

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived late to find the hotel was full as we're mist others in town. The front desk clerk recommend another HIE just 30 minutes away and also booked us rooms for the following three nights as there was vacancies.

During my stay I had some documents emailed to the hotel and asked if I could have 10 two page copies make and waiting at the front desk - no problem and to my surprise, no charge. All front desk staff throughout the day were very helpful and friendly. Had a great business stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this time to Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brockville for your recent stay and for your wonderful review. We all at the Holiday Inn Express Brockille take great pride in making sure we provide our guests with a great guest experience each and every day. I will be passing along your review for all my staff to read.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Amanda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockville
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Brockville
Travelodge Brockville
Travelodge Brockville
#5 of 6 in Brockville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville? Share your experiences!