“Really cool” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Hawk CF-86 Sabre Jet

Golden Hawk CF-86 Sabre Jet
Ranked #8 of 27 things to do in Brockville
More attraction details
Owner description: This is an actual airplane mounted on a concrete tower to commemorate the memory of allied solders in all previous wars.It was erected in 1968 on Brockville's peninsula park called Blockhouse Island, which projects into the St. Lawrence River. The story of the jet use in Canada's former aerobatic precision flying team is detailed on a historic plaque nearby.
toronto
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Really cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Great place really cool jet.This plane is an f86 fighter jet and was part of the Golden Hawks, part of the Canadian History a great piece in great shape also.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank jssossa

Ontario, Canada
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Brought Back Memories”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

While we were in Brockville for the annual Ribfest and to watch the cigarette boats race past on the St. Lawrence River we took a walk through the park where this jet is on display.

I remember when I was a kid watching the Golden Hawks aerobatic air show on more than one occasion so seeing one of the original jets certainly brought back memories of that time, sorta like I had a connection.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank biker01
Brockville, Canada
152 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Been here since I was little”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

Ever since I was a little girl growing up near Brockville, I remember visiting this park and looking up at this jet with amazement. I always thought it was neat how such a big jet could rest on a long pole of cemet. I could imagine myself in the jet flying through the blue skies to far off lands. Now that at I am older, I still enjoy seeing this jet. It brings back memories of my youth and the fond memories I have had near the River with my family - from picnics with fish and chips to attending Riverfest. I hope this jet stays on the cemet pole for a long time. My wife and I now take our kids to see the jet and they enjoy seeing it as much as we do - plust there is no cost to look at it.

Visited August 2012
London, Ontario, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

A very cool exhibit, sure to be a hit with kids. Noted that the people in the area were very friendly. Are is safe and well-kept. Worth a look if you are in the area.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Paul K
Ottawa, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Remember Air Force Days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Brought back childhood memories of Air Force Day and the Golden Hawk displays. Glad to see one preserved in such a public area.

Visited July 2012