“my home away from home!”

Days Inn Brockville
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Brockville
Richmond Hill, Canada
“my home away from home!”
Reviewed 26 July 2007

If you have ever had a job that takes you on the road all the time like mine does, you understand the importance of a good night's sleep. As a sales rep with a large territory covering much of Ontario I have had to stay in countless hotels over the past year and a half and I can tell you, hands down, that the Days Inn in Brockville is my favourite. I tried all the hotels in Brockville when I first started this job before settling on Days Inn as my hotel of choice.

For me, it's the whole package that counts when it comes to a hotel. Of course a great room is important, but what about the ambience? The staff? The amenities? There is a charming pub/restaurant that even the locals come to eat at, which speaks well to the establishment. Heck, I even had a local give me a tour of the hotel once, showing me where the workout room was and where the pub was (and offered to play a game of pool!). All so a tired traveller would feel welcome in town. If your idea of winding down is a quick dip in a pool, there is always that option as well, since the Days Inn has a pool on site for your use.

My job brings me to Brockville every other week and I always look forward to the tremendously friendly staff helping me settle in for the night. I call ahead on my way into town and my favourite room is ready and waiting. After a 12 hour day it's nice to be greeted with a warm welcoming smile and in the morning I am the one leaving with the smile. When I am asked.... how was your stay with us?.. I know they truly want to know the answer. And if you have any trouble they want to make it right. Superior customer service is what sets this hotel apart.

Perhaps it may seem odd that I speak so passionately about a hotel but as I said.... the Days Inn is not only my home away from home, but the staff are like my family away from home too! They know me and what I like and don't like and I *know* they will take care of anything I need.
Really, what more can you ask for? All this and a great rate too!

Make your reservations with confidence... and maybe I'll see you there!

-Rebecca

• Liked — The amazing staff!!! It's like seeing friends every time I check in!
  • Disliked — What's not to like???
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank OntSalesRep

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
fort erie
Reviewed 21 July 2007

If you are going to be traveling in the Brockville area you would be smart to stay at the Brockville Days Inn as the staff is kind and friendly and make you stay so nice.

they have a work out room and a great summer time pool.
There the island and great place to visit when your there and have some great old building along the highway 2

check it out sometime you love them there great.

• Liked — the great staff from cleaning to the front desk
  • Disliked — the slow room services from the restaurant
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank revglow
Halifax, NS
Reviewed 10 July 2007

We booked our stay for this place months in advance and I believe we got the worst room they had available. We had things like toilet not flushing, the adjoining door come off in my hands! No working deadbolt on the room and during rain the room actually flooded the entire bed, through mattress, box spring and the floor to the point it seeped up through our toes, and again reception acted as though it was a first time happening ! Also, the emergency exits were actually blocked, it looked as though the hardware had come off the door altogether. We even thought to call the fire department but thought better of that as the firemen did not need to be called unnecessarily because of one shoddy hotel.
We tried to complain to the manager but he refused to speak with us and actually made the receptionist deal with us irate customres, and had the audacity to want to charge us for the rooms, offering only 30% discount !!!!
We have sent complaints direct to Days Inn .com themselves but have never even recieved acknowledgement of our complaint.
I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, they are falling apart, not taken care of , and downright dangerous, not to even mention overpriced. I have stayed at much nicer, cleaner, and well maintained places in central Canada for much less than the price of this place.

• Liked — Nothing nice about this place to say
  • Disliked — the management must be very bad to allow this place to be as low rated and bad shape that it is.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 1 July 2007

I am currently staying in this disgusting hotel. My 75-year-old parents are in a room where the ceiling has leaked onto their bed, saturating it and the floor below. The hotel clerk asked them what THEY did to cause it, and told them to sleep in the other bed! The carpet on the floor is so wet that the water literally squishes between your toes. The night clerk blocked one of the fire doors (as we saw him do this we assumed it was because he could not get it to lock from the outside for the night). We are here with a large wedding party, almost all have had major complaints with their rooms including; toilets that do not flush, doors that will not lock, broken doors, unusable pullout couch, etc. We will never again stay at this hotel, and I will reconsider every booking Days Inn again! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, for any sort of stay.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank bkmca
Vancouver
Reviewed 14 May 2007

Was late in the evening, too tired to solicit other motels. It certainly was cost effective ($70 CDN), but not worthy of a repeat stay. Check out motels on the nrth side of the 401. Much better and newer.

• Stayed May 2007
2 Thank Devolicious
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2007

Enroute from Montreal -> Toronto one night. Very few guests staying (Jan 1-2, 2007). Advertised free breakfast but apparently the restaurant was closed for the holidays. The older portion of the hotel smells a bit musty (a bit too musty for 1994 as the previous poster says when the hotel was built). Wanted $79. Luckily there is a new wing on the far end of the hotel for $89 and no musty smelling rooms. Hotel clerk noticed us hesitating and offered us a decent discount. We took it. Clean comfy beds, decent bathroom (with sink outside = a plus), but no coffee / tea with the coffee machine.

I recommend this place as a good Highway 401 overnight stop.

• Liked — Good service for good price
  • Disliked — Restaurant closed for the holidays
  • Tips/Secrets — Hesitate!
  • Stayed January 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank VTeight7
Montreal, QC
Reviewed 21 July 2005

My family and I arrived in the Thousand Island area on a rainy Wednesday, so we tried to check in early (11:30) as our plans were washed out. The clerk told me no rooms were ready without even asking my name. Returned again around 1:30 and was given 1 of the 2 rooms reserved. Our room was of average size with 2 double beds, a dresser, a table with 2 chairs and a desk. The bathroom was very small with only a toilet and a tub, the sink was on a small vanity just outside the door. We had some water stains on our bedroom ceiling. Everything was relatively clean but the hotel was built in 1994 and it shows. The property is 2 stories and we were on the lower level. The hallways are wood construction and you can cleary hear every step taken above you. If staying here again I would ask for a second floor room. There is a coffee maker in the room but no complimentary coffee or breakfast in the lobby. There is a restaurant adjacent where we found the breakfast to be a good value. The swimming pool is in the parking lot not too far from the road. It was a fairly large and had a number of loungers, chairs and tables around it. Complimentary high speed internet is advertised but we could not get the signal to reach the desk in our room. The location is just off the highway and it is only a short drive down to the waterfront if you take a boat trip. There are numerous restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank themoon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville
Travelodge Brockville
Travelodge Brockville
#4 of 5 in Brockville
The Noble Suites Experiences

Been to Days Inn Brockville? Share your experiences!