“Cheapest hotel in town, but you get what you pay for.”

Knights Inn Bracebridge
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Bracebridge
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I booked that hotel as a quick stop on the way to somewhere else and was just as well because I really could not leave fast enough. I believe my experience was not shared by all guests so do take my comments with a grain of salt. The room I was in was in a bad state of repair and requires a full overhaul. For one thing, the AC unit is so filthy it is actually sticky and visibly dirty inside. The smell of decades of cigarette smoke is pervasive and although the room is labelled as no smoking, it reeks of stale smoke. Perhaps luckily, the outside smoking area is right outside the door so the smell of fresh smoke often wafted in through the porous windows and covered up the mildew scent. Some half-hearted attempts at renovation were undertaken piecemeal, but it is obvious a rank amateur tried, and failed to learn on the job.
Everything about the room needs to be refreshed, from the chipped paint that covers the rug and windows too, to the bathroom floor which was recently installed on top of the mouldings. The shower surround is so rotten, it is actually perforated in places.
All is not lost, however. The service was good and friendly and although a physical train wreck, the room was as clean as humanly possible, a feat I certainly appreciated and the only reason why I stayed. The front desk lady cheerfully came out to open the door for me since the new lock would not willingly accept its key without a fight. I was allowed to keep my motorcycle on the lawn right outside the room door, a kindness I also appreciated greatly. The breakfast area was clean, fresh and inviting and the food was acceptable and plentiful. Other guests I spoke with were very happy with their rooms, so it could be that I was in the older part of the hotel that has not yet been worked over properly. The tidy exterior and well kept common areas lead me to believe I may have gotten the bad apple. Stay away from room 109!

Room Tip: Stay away from 109!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Eric J

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious, breakfast was complimentary and great with the added bonus of a waffle maker. Enough seating for all guests.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra K
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had the chance to stay here during my son's Ontario Junior Golf event. The room was clean and quiet, beds comfortable and restaurants and other was 3 minutes away.. Great value for the price, we would definitely stay there again. Special thanks to Kim and her staff for making the stay enjoyable!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A very clean, friendly motel with large, modern rooms, and complimentary internet and breakfast. I've had the pleasure of staying at this motel on two separate occasions, and was very pleased with the service I received. The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable, and the free breakfast includes a waffle maker! The owners are helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at Knights Inn in late February while our daughter participated in the Ontario Winter Games (Daughter stayed with Badminton Team at Camp Muskoka - brought home silver medals). Even with all the snow it was very pretty and comfortable can only image what it must be like in nicer weather with bench right outside our door. Only 5 minutes from competition venue and ten minutes from grocery stores, restaurants & Walmart it was close to everything we could possibly want. Room was neat and clean, bed was very comfortable and staff was excellent - very pleasant, helpful with directions and answering questions and went out of her way to make sure we had great service (including going to store when couldn't locate ashtray for our smoking room!). The fridge and microwave in room were a great convenience. Excellent value and service for low price. All the great reviews on this place are true! Thank you Knights Inn for great value and service!

2  Thank Sportsmom2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

we had been at this property for a couple of days on our way towards north .
the price they charged was right, the services we got in return were worth . we had also been offered a free upgrade of room . Booking of the room was made as double bed rooms and we got a free upgrade for queen bed which was quite outstanding . it was good in winter but i can imagine that summer would be far better and beautiful . Other amenities were good . the staff was helping natured and also gave me help with maps , directions and close beautiful destinations for summer .

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The front desk staff were very considerate, took care of the details, went out of their way to be sure we were in a room close to our friends. The hotel is a 5 minutes drive to the gymnastics facility. The staff gave me great directions.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracebridge
Sleep Inn
#5 of 10 in Bracebridge
Bracebridge Inn
Bracebridge Inn
#7 of 10 in Bracebridge

Been to Knights Inn Bracebridge? Share your experiences!