“Convenient spot and very clean.”
Review of Wellington Inn

Wellington Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bracebridge
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed at the Wellington in February for the weekend and had the suite with an extra cot as we have 3 children. It was very clean and the kitchen was very well appointed and even had salt and pepper provided, not as common as you might think in a kitchenette. Noise might be an issue if you have your child's gymnast friends staying next door, but management has notices that loud noise will not be tolerated. Beds were comfortable and bathroom was a very good size with great water pressure. Wifi included was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela W

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed for 1 night at this family run motel, very clean rooms, beds are very comfortable, bathroom is huge, great location, it is very close to a plaza and multiple restaurants, Tim Horton's is close. All within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Toni_Bill_11
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Probably the best family run motel we have ever visited. Room was exceptionally clean and fresh smelling. Even though fully booked quiet and restful night. This is not a five star resort if that is what you are looking for. Plaza and restaurants are within short walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra T
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The property and the room are impeccably maintained. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom large with excellent water pressure and lots of hot water. The motel is close to a few restaurants and shopping, but far enough away that there was minimal road noise. Wifi was excellent. All in all, very good value for the money.

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Pat M
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Clean, bright and spacious room. Very neat and tidy property as well. Best stay for the money that I have had in a long time. Owner's are friendly and accommodating. Motel is centrally located to all the amenities of Bracebridge. My first choice the next time I need accommodation here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank charles w R
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Perfect for me when I'm in Bracebridge, an ideal, drive-up, small motel. Love the place - quiet, perfectly maintained, completely clean, real comfortable beds in a large room, and a rarity: GREAT pillows. Way better than comparable places, nice young guy at the front desk, easy check-in, fair value for the price. Have stayed in other places around town and this is way better by comparison. If you want a Ritz Carlton business/luxury hotel and all that means, this is not it. But if you want to drive up to a really nice clean comfy space, this delivers. My only issue was that my room, fairly far from the office, had very poor wi-fi - so I just tethered my iPhone and used that. This will be my go-to place in BB from here on.

Room Tip: As others noted, get a room close to the Office if you need reliable wi-fi.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Mike V
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Stayed for two nights, September 29-October 1. Reserved one room through the motel's toll-free number at the nightly rate of $89 CAD. The owner was very convincing that it was a nice, clean place, so I decided to find out for myself.

My friend and I were en route to the motel when the owner called to confirm that we were indeed checking in. I had mentioned during my reservation that we would have a late arrival and ended up getting there just before 7:30 p.m. Sure enough, after checking in the owner put up the no-vacancy sign and turned out the office lights.

We checked-in to our room (8) with two double beds, a desk, TV with digital cable, dresser, coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. There was plenty of space in the room, and the heater warmed up the place quickly even on the lowest setting.

The bathroom was large as well with a bathtub at one end and the toilet and sink at the other. Only shampoo and soap were included, and the shower did not have much pressure at all. Still, it got the job done.

There is free Internet access and as mentioned by another reviewer, the signal strength depends on your proximity to the office. Our room was across from the office, but it was still weak at times. We had to ask the owner for the password as it was not provided at check-in.

The motel is located in downtown Bracebridge. There are lots of chain restaurants nearby as well as a large Independent supermarket. We visited Crabby Joe's at 125 Muskoka Road (Highway 118) West for some late-night beer and wings while watching football with the locals.

Also nearby is Gravenhurst, which features the top-rated Taboo and Muskoka Bay golf courses. I found Taboo to be very scenic in the fall (bring a camera), while Muskoka Bay was very challenging and deserving of its status as one of Canada's top 10 courses.

My visit to the Muskoka area was enjoyable, as was my stay at the Wellington Motel. This is the place to go for an affordable and clean motel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank smokedmeat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracebridge
Sleep Inn
Knights Inn Bracebridge
Knights Inn Bracebridge
#9 of 10 in Bracebridge
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa

Been to Wellington Inn? Share your experiences!