“Comfy, Clean and Quiet”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Bracebridge
London, Canada
“Comfy, Clean and Quiet”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I recently visited relatives in Bracebridge and stayed at The Sleep Inn. It was centrally located and convenient for our visit. The rooms were modern and the bed (king-size) was very comfortable. Although the hotel is supposed to be entirely "No Smoking", the first room they gave us smelled strongly of smoke and it was fairly recent smoke, too. The lady at the front desk immediately gave us another room down the hall which was much better, clean and fresh.
The hotel was very quiet and we both had a good sleep all three nights. The hotel offers a free continental breakfast including juices, bacon, cereals, yogurt, make-your-own waffles, fruit and also some egg "circles" (which were tasteless and were undoubtedly made from "Egg Beaters").
Another choice for breakfast is "Marj's Restaurant" located at the plaza right next to the hotel. Very tasty food, especially for breakfast. One good thing about the hotel is they are pet-friendly. Since I love animals, I found this to be a big plus. Too bad the owners left their dog unattended in the room too long. The poor dog was barking - no fault of the hotel - only the pet owners. There was a small fitness room complete with 3-4 pieces of good equipment, also a plus.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the south end (further away from the highway).
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jenn L, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We are so fortunate to have such an excellent group of caring employees that will go out of their way to deliver good service to our valued customers. Your comments will be shared with them and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a great hotel for it's price range. Rooms have obviously been recently updated and are well equipped, very clean, free wifi, very comfortable bed, staff were very friendly, breakfast is good and has all the basics covered. Restaurants are adjacent to the hotel and it's right on the ski-doo trail. Pet friendly and accomodated my request for a room near and exit to accomodate the dog
Only one problem: the doors are paper thin. And if there is a hockey tournament in town it will not be quiet. An army of 8 year olds were playing hallway hockey, body checking each other into my door, parents all drunk and completely ignoring them. The poor girl on the desk that weekend tried repeatedly to get them to simmer down but Helloooo parents I believe this is your job! Its ironic that I was asked to read and sign the hotel policy stating that if my dog disturbs anyone we will be asked to leave but a team of screaming, out of control 8 year olds can get away with it.
So depending on your needs beware, I wouldn't recommend you get up to anything (wink wink) in the room either unless you are comfortable with anyone in the hallway overhearing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lori G
Jenn L, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your review! As a General Manager it is great to hear that our staff are doing everything they can to make your stay an enjoyable one.

We really hope to provide you with our great service and hospitably again the next time you are in the area.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect, had not really heard of the Sleep inn before and we had a gymnastics competition to attend. Very clean and modern, great breakfast, coffee, hot chocolate etc available all day and evening. Staff were super helpful. They were able to help a friend of mine get a room at the last minute as their hotel was a smokey dive (the nasty Knights Inn). Would highly recommend and go back again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Jenn L, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice and positive review. It always brings me such pleasure to pass great reviews like yours on to my staff. It services as great encouragement to our entire Sleep Inn family.
We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Bracebridge and Muskoka area!
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed Easter weekend just amazing place very welcoming room decorate like new contemporary look and dark furniture give good looks great hot breakfast when we C/I at front desk lady so nice to give all information we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jenn L, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words. It is always such a joy to read these kinds of reviews from our valued guests!
We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was there on the night of the 12th. I had an issue with a smoke detector going off in my room, the batteries were obviously low. Not a big deal really. I called the front desk, no answer. I walked down to the lobby and the manager is SLEEPING IN THE LOBBY WITH A FREAKING BLANKET. ARE YOU SERIOUS? How unprofessional can you get. I didn't even bother to wake him, i just went back to the room and let it go. It beeped all night long. As I left early in the morning i saw that he was finally awake, i asked for his name and he told me Kamal. I thanked him and I left. Before I checked in he said he was the manager. What hotel in their right minds lets their manager sleep in the middle of the lobby with a blanket. Right in front of the double doors, where people are coming in and out. Do yourselves a favor, DO NOT GO HERE.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank BigBobbyJones44
Jenn L, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the sleeping of an employee during his night shift on your recent visit. I would like to promise you that this employee is NOT a manager, and that kind a behavior will not be tolerated of my staff. I was outraged to hear of this and ensure you that the appropriate steps have been taken so that this will never happen again. I have shared your feedback with the owner of the business and he shares my concern over this matter. We would like to have the chance to make right of this, and speak with you directly. It would be greatly appreciate if you would contact the hotel and speak with me directly either by phone or by email at your earliest convenience.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Bracebridge.

Kind Regards,

Jenn Solway
Sleep Inn Muskoka
705-645-2519
gm.cn363@choicehotels.com

Travellers are raving about these Bracebridge hotels

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Being a Choice Privilege Diamond member I stay in quite a few hotels. My recent stay at the Sleep Inn in Bracebridge was hands down the cleanest and most comfortable places I have stayed in a long time. The beds were amazingly comfortable!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jenn L, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave our Hotel a fantastic review. Your kind words are a great encouragement to our staff!

We look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future!
Meaford, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were there for an overnight in February of 2014. Junior had a swim meet and we were staying at this place as it was available, centrally located and not insanely priced. We were even allowed to bring along Fido for an additional $10.

The rooms were modern and nicely appointed. TV was fine and fridge worked. In room Keurig coffee system…. So far, so good.

Many a snowmobile and trailer were located in the parking lot. As Bracebridge is a central snowmobile intersection, we thought there might be problems with heavy drinking and partying by the snowmobile crowd, but not a problem was had.

We were given the complimentary breakfast. I took Fido out for his walk in the AM, picked him up and went in to look at what was on the menu. I got stopped by an employee who told me that dogs were not welcome in the restaurant. Fido is a lap dog so he was tucked under my arm and was in no danger of eating anything. Employee became a little more chuffed and reminded me about the dog rule. I asked if she could tell me was on the menu and that was that. Just a little less service and polite than I think she could have handled it -- that's all.

Breaky was cereal, coffee, juice, bagels, toast and microwaved eggs and bacon. Junior didn't care for the eggs and it did seem that the employee was in charge of not giving out any more than necessary. That meant a wait for warm food.

Again, service.

Showers were awful. Mrs. was very upset as it was a leak of a shower. I actually pee harder than that shower! Another family mentioned that they were literally in pain because the shower hit them with "needles" of water.

When notified…..management made a list.

Overall, if you need a reasonable place to stay, do so. Check the shower for appropriate pressure.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jenn L, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 11 March 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracebridge
Quality Inn
#5 of 8 in Gravenhurst
Travelodge Bracebridge
Travelodge Bracebridge
#5 of 10 in Bracebridge

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!