Inn at the Falls
Bracebridge Inn(Bracebridge)
US$61
US$52
Priceline
Touchstone Resort on Lake Muskoka(Bracebridge)(Great Value!)
US$227
Skyways Motel(Gravenhurst)
US$78
Cedar Lane Motel(Bracebridge)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsan upgradethis past weekendentire housewonderful innrich historytrain whistlehistorical placeoff seasonwalking distance to downtownroom was clean and comfortablejoanneretreat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Many different types of acomadations here. Motel style, cottages to rooms. The Inn is made up of separate and individual "homes" and all these dwellings our located on a dead end street right in Bracebridge. Room Ok , each room has separate A/C unit, and some have patios or veranda. No microwave in the room. Unit, I was in was at the rear of the housecalled The Gatehouse, private with a patio and we brought our dog. The external patio looks unkempt and the fence damaged by the ice storm was still broken down. TV was an old small tube type but lots to do during the day. Bracebridge is a bit of a boutique town now. Has multiple large outdoor mall with many stores. Can walk to stores, restaurants, coffee shops, ice cream parlors, etc. It also has a couple large modern outdoor malls with chain grocery stores, LCBO, Beer Store, Chinese buffet, Tim Hortons and so forth. Drivinng along the Muskoka river is has nice scenery, park and beautiful homes. However, be aware at this time of year there are swarms of hungry mosquitos in the forested and high grass areas even near the Falls.

There is train that runs twice a night through Bracebridge. The Inn is very close to the tracks. Twice, my wife and I were woken by a very loud train whistle. My in-laws stating the room next to us slept through the night.

Room Tip: Need to understand the type of accomadation required as there are many choices from single cottages, motel style to rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Joanne M, Manager at Inn at the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. I am a new Manager here at Inn at The Falls, I am going through each of our rooms to see what has to be fixed replaced or added to. The fence that was down has been fixed, sorry I could not get it fixed before you came. As for the Trains I’m sorry they woke you, they do blow their horns at intersections and there is one two blocks from the Inn. I’m glad you enjoyed your tour of Bracebridge.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It doesn't look like the photos on their website! Stayed only 1 night of a planned 4 night stay. Room was clean, but wallpaper was peeling. I stuffed a paper bag in the gap between the air conditioner and the window frame to keep the mosquitos out. The volume on the tv kept cutting out. The main building smelled of gas. The office had large dust balls on the floor. The breakfast coffee was terribly weak and tasteless. I saw the office staff cook the hard-boiled eggs the evening before breakfast. Outside grounds were overgrown and unkept. The staff was polite and explained it was hard to get good help.
I booked my Wag Jag deal 2 months prior assuring we would get a room that my physically challenged partner could negotiate. Upon arrival, our room had changed to a room in the main building requiring climbing a flight of stairs. It was explained that our original room wasn't ready because the air conditioning hadn't been installed yet. We ultimately got the room in our original reservation. At that point, it was explained to us that they really aren't equipped to accommodate people with physical challenges.

Room Tip: Too much updating and cleaning needs to be done to stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marnie165

Thank You for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to take your constructive critisism and personal opinion and take steps to fix the issues you mentioned. I would like to address some of your points as follows; We had only that day and the day prior put in the air conditioners as the Inn was filling up and the weather was finally warming up. It was and is our intention to be sure there is no gap between the window and conditioner. Our Reunion Island coffee is regularly commented on as delicious. I will pass your comments on to our supplier. We have checked the Television as you mentioned and found no issues. All our staff works hard and regularly fills in more than one position which is a standard if not a must in this industry. Our grounds are just getting to a better place with our flowers starting to fill in Some of these concerns are the reason we offer such a good rate at that time of year, as I’m sure you are aware. . We welcome and have had many “challenged” guests here in the past, although as you know we are an older Inn and only have so many accommodations that may fit the needs. When you called the front desk you told her you had a change of plans and you had to leave. The front desk thought it was personal and thats why she didn’t ask you why you were leaving. Our staff has discussed your concerns and hope you will give the Inn another chance.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the Inn for two days on the long weekend in May. We purchased a wag jag deal and upgraded to the Mahaffy Suite. This a two story room, living room with a walk out deck overlooking the grounds and river. Upstairs, the bedroom is in one turret and the washroom in another turret. The décor is dated, some to keep with the age of the inn and some just needs updating (tub, shower etc.) The room was clean and comfortable. We ate at the onsite restaurant the first night, the waiter was very nice but the food was not that great and it was dark and looked dirty. The girl who checked us in was not very friendly or nice, but the lady who checked us out was nice. Over all it is a nice place but glad we did not pay full price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 229Kathy_901
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel last long weekend, I made my reservation through Dealfind upon arrival they did not have my reservation and trying to charge me the full price for each night upon discussion to the manager she refuse to take the ownership of my reservation and further offer me to go online and make another reservation and only then she can check me in, After the check-in real experience starts. The building smells moldy quality of the room was below average, while staying at the Inn you can experience spider crawling on the ceiling at middle of the night. Needless to say that it was impossible to sleep, flies are every where on the dresser, looks like dusting was not done from last few week. Great offer they have with room a bottle of wine (which feels like colored water) and free breakfast, with breakfast you can find burnt pastries and danishes. I definitely do not recommend this place, very old and moldy, Also for anyone that does not know, be aware that some people believe that this place is haunted and the hotel seems to proudly display it in their brochures, but we did not experienced any ghosts. Please add little more value and stay at the better place. I even took the pictures for spiders and flies and hotel staff was not bothered about it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Khurram A
Joanne M, Manager at Inn at the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I would like to address some of your points. I’m sorry you felt that we lost your reservation how ever you were in the system. What you didn’t have was a voucher from Deal Find which you have to buy yourself,as a courtesy we did let you buy one at the front desk. After checking in you came back to the front desk for ice and told them you were happy with your room. My breakfast server assured me that the pastries were not burnt as know one would have eaten them, after doing a quality check everyone said everything was great and the platter of pastries was empty at the end of breakfast. May and June is black fly season in Muskoka, they do cling to your clothing so when you go into your room you will have a few flying around. When you check out you told front desk that everything was great and the only issue you had was a spider in your room.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

From the first moment we walked in my husband had a bad feeling about this place.
The main building just smelled old and mouldy and I was surprised that they didn't even bother to use air fresheners so that the air didn't feel so heavy. The decor was old and very unattractive in my opinion. Their breakfast area looked better and seemed cleaner.
We were given a room at the Mews building, and as soon as we walked into the door we felt that old and mouldy smell throughout the hallways. It was the same smell in our room as well. I tried to open windows and the door, however the smell would not go away.
The bathroom light would make a creepy noise every time we turned it on, as if someone was actually dying (I am not kidding you).
We tried to look past these issues and headed out to dinner.
When we returned, our room was so hot that it was very unpleasant to stay there. We turned down the thermostat to 15 and the temperature was still reading 31 degrees. Needless to say that it was impossible to sleep. I called their emergency line as reception would close at 7 pm ( really unheard off) and a guy was sent to fix the thermostat. However he couldn't seem to figure our why the thermostat wouldn't work and how to fix it, so he suggested we just keep some windows open.
Frustrated from it all, my husband and I decided to leave at 2 am in the morning and drive for 3 hours to get home.
The next morning the place called us to see why we had dropped off the key to our room and we told the lady that it was because of the heat, she said well we had you in for one more night we could have put you into another room. I told the lady that none offered a room to us, so out of frustration we ended up leaving.

I definitely do not recommend this place, very old and mouldy, the heat might not be an issue in all the rooms, however their preparation for handling emergencies was very poor.
Also for anyone that does not know, be aware that some people believe that this place is hunted and the hotel seems to proudly display it in their brochures. We did not see anything out of the ordinary, however it was uncomfortable reading all the stories in their brochure.

The only good thing I have to say about this place, is that the location was convenient and very close to downtown and the highway.

DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bole69
Joanne M, Manager at Inn at the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Guest

I am sorry about your bad experience that you had at the Inn. We are an Old Inn it was built in 1876 a lot of our guest love the charm and décor. The front desk does close at 7pm from October to June but there is staff that live on site to help guest with any issues when they call.
I am very sorry that you were not moved to another room when your heat could not could not be fixed that should have been done right away, I have since talk to the staff about these issues so they don't happen again. All Old Inns and Hotels have ghost stories, we have a lot of guest that want to stay in the rooms that are in the Inn were the stories begin.