“Most comfortable bed EVER!”

Bancroft Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bancroft
ontario
“Most comfortable bed EVER!”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We made a last minute booking at this motel yesterday when we decided that we didn't feel like camping with rain on the way. What a great decision, this motel has the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! I was so comfortable I even checked the label on the mattress so I could buy one for home. This motel has all the little touches that make me feel welcome - brochures for local restaurants, channel guide, plenty of hot water, warm bedding and plenty of comfortable pillows. Very friendly desk staff and a nice little breakfast to start the day. I like that the location is slightly out of the town so it was very quiet. Had a great nights sleep! Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
BIS_GM, Manager at Bancroft Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
I couldn't agree more... I myself have one of our mattresses and love it. We actually have had more than a few guests ask if we can order them one. I am glad you liked the extra pillows and bedding. Reviews like yours let us know what our guests like and dislike so that we can work to make their stay relaxing and comfortable. Thank you for the review and for your business, we truly appreciate it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Erin
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Enjoyed a one night stay @ Bancroft Inn and Suites. Front office staff was great, accommodated us to the max. Got us chairs to sit out front of our room, tea bags instead of coffee for in room, gave us info re food, atv trails,. We were motorcycling and wanted a main floor room and she made sure we had one. Beds were comfy and rooms clean. It is an older motel but it is well kept. I don't need modern furnishings when I sleep, just comfort. It was very easy to talk with our neighbours and found everyone friendly. Breakfast in the morning was sufficient to get us on the right track and found we didn't need to stop for a couple hours before wanting something more. I will stay here again. Had stayed at a different hotel in Bancroft before and was not overly impressed, so this is my new location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Marmora, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed at this location with a hockey group. The rooms were basic, but certainly met the needs of our group. They rooms are spacious enough and have a fridge and microwave. There is a breakfast included in the rate. You can not beat this accomodation for the rate charged! Excellent value. Please be advised that this location is motel style, thus if you are travelling with a group there is not a common area for people to socialize.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Wyoming
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Just completed a 5 day stay at the Inn & Suites. while enjoying the wonderful trail system. This is our 6th visit to the area in the last 5 months.
As with all the other times, the staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms may be could use some updating but, they are always clean and functional. They suit us just fine. It is situated in the perfect spot for us, close to the amenities and close to trail access. It is not a big city hotel so don't expect all those extra's. For location and services offered, it is a GREAT value. Would not hesitate to return or recommend this establishment to friends. Will be passing thru again in early summer and will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I am a couple weeks into what will probably be a several month stay at this hotel/motel. This is the second room I have stayed in. The rooms I have stayed in are well cleaned (and I'm a very clean person) but they also need a little "TLC", the toilets in both rooms need to have the handles held to flush and the flooring in the bathrooms are curled due to age and leaks around the tub. However, having said that... the staff here are amazing! They are willing to work with me for changing times and dates as my work dictates. If the owners would put a few hundred dollars into the rooms I stayed, I would gladly give the hotel another notch on the rating meter. Overall, its a decent value and has more potential. The staff i have dealt with tip the scales in favour of a positive rating.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This motor hotel is small and under constant improvement but offers very personal service at a very reasonable price. The value for $ is great and it's clear that the staff are committed to providing good service.

Room Tip: Some rooms are pet friendly so it's important to ask when you're making reservations..very c...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steve K
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We recently stayed at the Bancroft Inn and Suites where we had a wedding to attend in the area. We were a little surprised to see how small the building was as we expected to see a three or four storey hotel. The rooms were clean but a little dated and they still have the old style tv's and no option for renting movies. There was no ironing board or iron, so it was lucky we ironed our wedding clothes before we left. There was no hair dryer, so we had to go to Canadian Tire and buy one. They provide a coffee maker and two styrofoam cups. The walls are very thin as we could hear our neighbours TV and talking from our room. As this is more like a regular motel, there is nothing to do except sit in the room and they only had two hard chairs. There is no restaurant, but they do have a small continental breakfast in the office. If you're not concerned with comfort and just need a place to stay for a night, its fine, but you need to bring all of the usual amenities you would normally find in any hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
BIS_GM, Manager at Bancroft Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
We are pleased to have had your business this past weekend. I am very pleased to let you know that in fact we have in the past week upgraded the coffee cups in the room from the styrofoam to a "green" recyclable cup that supports the environment and offers more comfort and durability to our guests . Due to your review we are currently looking at how to communicate the fact that we do have hairdryers as well as new ironing boards available to all guest. We always want our guests to know what services we offer and so we never publish that we have any of the facilities you state you were expecting. We do however, offer a free shuttle to the downtown restaurant The Granite and I hope this did not cause you confusion as to what we had for eating facilities. Due to the high volume of wedding guests during your date of stay we in fact also set up a private area for wedding guests that had an ironing station and sitting area located by the sauna area. I am disappointed to hear that you were not informed of this. It is my hope that you were able to enjoy the wedding celebrations you came to the area for and that the ceremony was beautiful. I thank you for voicing your concerns and helping us create a more pleasurable stay for future guests. If you have any further suggestions I would be very pleased to hear from you and maybe be given the opportunity to improve for you should you revisit the area.
Tammy Martin
tammy@bancroftinnandsuites.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bancroft
Sword Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Maynooth
Footprints Resort
Footprints Resort
#1 of 5 in Bancroft

Been to Bancroft Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!