“I didn't want to rate it but I was asked to”

Bancroft Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bancroft
Italy
“I didn't want to rate it but I was asked to”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I didn’t want to rate Bancroft Inn and Suites but a notice at the reception desk invited guests to rate them on TA and so I’m rating them. Having been in Algonquin Park I needed a place to stay and the web site I usually use offered the Bancroft Inn and Suites. I expected more. Despite its name it is only a standard motel outside the center along the highway 60. The center of the town is 3 km away so they offer a free taxi service to a restaurant. The ground floor room we had was not new, the fridge was a very small one and the coffee machine was uncomfortably placed in the bathroom. This is probably due to the lack of electrical outlets in the room: finding a comfortable one for my laptop was not easy. The major problem of the motel is its complimentary breakfast. Not the breakfast itself, which is good, but the breakfast room. There is no breakfast room to have breakfast. You have the breakfast in the reception office where there are two chairs, two armchairs and a very small table. The space is really limited and more than three people are uncomfortable at breakfast time. The day we stayed there there were very few guests and I wonder how can guests have breakfast when the motel’s 30 rooms are occupied. Considering what it offers the motel is expensive. I think it charges so much because there are very few places to stay in the area. I myself had to stay here because I found no other options. I hope you can find another place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ItalyMar
BIS_GM, Manager at Bancroft Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
We are glad you did take the time to review us. It gave us some great feedback and allowed us to see what out guests want. We have purchased serving trays and are removing sitting are for breakfast so guests can take their breakfast with them to enjoy. I do know space is limited but want to provide the extras too so your input has been very helpful. We thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ajax
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Just spent two nights there for my friends wedding. I was very satisfied with the room. It was clean, no scuzzy appeal. Very warm and welcoming

I also left my charger there and they contacted me and are currently mailing it to me. Truly very thankful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisSummerville
BIS_GM, Manager at Bancroft Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for your business. It was a wonderful weekend for a wedding. I am very glad that we were able to find your charger and get it back to you. We look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Located in a beautiful and spacious area, this inn is just minutes away from town, but enough to avoid the hustle and bustle of the busy areas. For a very affordable price this inn provided a lot, from the clean and comfortable room to the polite and welcoming staff and even breakfast in the morning. I highly recommend this place when choosing where to stay in Bancroft.

• Stayed July 2013
Wow! We thank you for your very favorable response and more importantly are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you, we look forward to seeing you again.
st. catharines
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here many times in the past and this will be the last. When it had reasonable prices I did not mind the run down areas, the dated decore or furnishings. But charge me $140.00 for 1night for a queen bed with no fridge or microwave. Literally just as bed, t.v. and bathroom where the door would not close proerly enough to latch. Room had a balcony without glass in the screen door (real good upkeep). Top that off with having to walk across the parking lot to the main building for ice or the pathetic (continental breakfast) of bagles or yogourt. TheBest Western just down the road is closer to everything, has it's own restaurant and after comparing rates is cheaper.

• Stayed August 2013
As a previous customer that has given us a very favorable review, I was very concerned to see how disappointed you were with your stay. I do know that the rates during Rockhound Gemboree are higher than the off season or early summer rates however we are booked over a year in advance for the event and the only rooms in all of Bancroft ever available (like the one you got) are from last minute cancellations. That being said, I am always available to discuss situations such as yours, and would have loved the opportunity to keep you a happy customer right at the time you checked in and were quoted the rate. I have taken all that you have had to say and will address the door situation immediately. We are the same owners for over 10 plus years and we ensured the rates this year were not increased over last year for this event. I would look forward to the opportunity to speak with you and see if we can once again make you happy as we had in the past.

Travellers are raving about these Bancroft hotels

Ontario,
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This motel was reasonably priced and you got what you paid for. Beds were comfortable and the room and bathroom were clean. They had laid new cushion floor in the bathroom, but base board had not been installed.
The motel is the only one in Bancroft with room for truckers to park their extra large semis and double load dump trucks.
Since many highways around Bancroft were being repaved there were many trucks at this motel. But the truckers are good, hard working neighbours in bed early and up at five in the morning.
If you are looking for basic, clean, economy lodging this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, but second floor rooms may have less street noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We too are glad to see the paving and road crews they are really a great bunch of people and always make the guests and staff alike feel like friends. We hope that we see you again.
ontario
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We made a last minute booking at this motel yesterday when we decided that we didn't feel like camping with rain on the way. What a great decision, this motel has the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! I was so comfortable I even checked the label on the mattress so I could buy one for home. This motel has all the little touches that make me feel welcome - brochures for local restaurants, channel guide, plenty of hot water, warm bedding and plenty of comfortable pillows. Very friendly desk staff and a nice little breakfast to start the day. I like that the location is slightly out of the town so it was very quiet. Had a great nights sleep! Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
I couldn't agree more... I myself have one of our mattresses and love it. We actually have had more than a few guests ask if we can order them one. I am glad you liked the extra pillows and bedding. Reviews like yours let us know what our guests like and dislike so that we can work to make their stay relaxing and comfortable. Thank you for the review and for your business, we truly appreciate it.
Erin
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Enjoyed a one night stay @ Bancroft Inn and Suites. Front office staff was great, accommodated us to the max. Got us chairs to sit out front of our room, tea bags instead of coffee for in room, gave us info re food, atv trails,. We were motorcycling and wanted a main floor room and she made sure we had one. Beds were comfy and rooms clean. It is an older motel but it is well kept. I don't need modern furnishings when I sleep, just comfort. It was very easy to talk with our neighbours and found everyone friendly. Breakfast in the morning was sufficient to get us on the right track and found we didn't need to stop for a couple hours before wanting something more. I will stay here again. Had stayed at a different hotel in Bancroft before and was not overly impressed, so this is my new location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bancroft
Sword Motor Inn
#7 of 10 in Bancroft
Footprints Resort
Footprints Resort
#1 of 5 in Bancroft

Been to Bancroft Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!