“Transformational - Dee from NY”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bancroft
Grail Springs Retreat
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bancroft
Au Sable Forks, New York
“Transformational - Dee from NY”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Struggling to get past mind numbing grief and “what do I want to do with the rest of my life” I found grail springs, I can honestly say that Grails Springs has transformed my life.
I checked in for a 7 day period and my goal was a thorough mental and physical detoxification. I started with a 3 day juice fast and ate the completely beautiful meals thereafter. Alexi is a master chef and beautiful lady (I can’t wait until her cookbook comes out). I was never left feeling hungry. The dining staff was also amazing..Peter was so entertaining.
I did all available physical detox spa options, plus some soul cleansing. The staff is amazing from Maria and Debbie Ann at the front desk to the numerous spa technicians.
I can’t convey how life altering this experience was and I was able to bond with some amazing woman I met there.
I kayaked every morning before anyone else was up and spent some time in the hot tub. I also participated in the morning Mantra (I still do it in the mornings) , yoga, and daily meditation. I also hiked in the afternoons, swam, and took a chance on the paddleboard.
A big shout out to Eva as she was the one to break through to me and allowed me to see what was there already. I left feeling strong, confident, and healthy both spiritually and physically. I can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Dorothy0308

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed 19 June 2014

If something in your heart tells you to go to Grail Springs....listen and simply go!

Don't think of all the reasons you shouldn't. You will find 1000 reasons when you arrive why you should have come sooner and leave with just as many reasons as to why you will return.

My first trip was this past May, and I am so grateful I discovered this incredible place of healing at a time when I truly needed it. As a single mother of 2 young children I have spent years taking care of everyone else. Grail Springs truly helped me realign that inner compass and changed my entire way of thinking about my own well-being and my place in the world.

What a wonderful gift! I offer my gratitude to you, Madeleine, for creating such a special place and thank you to all the wonderful staff at Grail Springs for all you do in service of your guests. Alexi Bracey, the Chef, is a true inspiration in the kitchen and in life - the food was spectacular! A special mention to the wonderful women at the front desk (Debbie Ann, Debbie and Marie) who were so helpful and took care of every need. Thank you!!!

My best advice: Go with an open mind. Enjoy tasting new foods, new flavours, try juicing for a few days, sink into the yoga classes, try all the treatments and be open to all the new experiences and the new people you meet. Most importantly, you will gain so much (more) if you can simply suspend any negative thoughts during the time you are there and if that's not possible simply be respectful of others by not spreading negativity when you're there.

If you're looking for a 'spa' for fingers and toes, facials and massage.....keep looking and have fun.
If you want "the good stuff" then go to Grail Springs. You will love it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mary R
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My daughter and I wanted to get out of the city (Toronto) and, spend some quality time together, but I have to admit our main purpose was to re-connect with our inner self. By word of mouth, my daughter found Grail Springs. It sounded like everything and more of what we were looking for, a (Wellness Retreat). Meditation, Yoga, nature, water, healthy eating, comfort, healing and spa, to name a few of the many experiences offered at Grail.We felt welcome from the moment we arrived and walked through the beautiful front door!
The staff was wonderful, and friendly, Debbie Bruce really went above and beyond to ensure our stay was everything we could hope for. Bff :-)
Another reason why we wanted to visit Grail, was for the guest speaker : subject “Passion Test”, we both are looking to change our jobs, carrier, we are feeling stuck on where to go next, and wanted to gain some tools to help us determine our passions, and how do we tap into them. Again this was one of the great services Grail offers included with your stay. Bari the facilitator rocked the house!! For 2 nights, we worked on how to narrow down our passions and how to make it happen. This is her true calling. Bari has a true gift of giving and we left Grail with so many tools on how to get started to live our passion. We booked Room 12 with lake view, wow, what a beautiful room, I still dream of spending time in our room, the space was amazing. The room was Clean, upscale, and so much attention to detail. The beds are so comfortable, my bed was beside the window and the last thing I saw for the night was the stars! Amazing! Not to mention our balcony with a beautiful peaceful lake view. When we arrived at the room there was a beautiful welcome card on the desk, and herbal tea, that was divine, this is just an example of the many efforts Grail makes to ensure our stay is more enjoyable. Who said you cannot transform in beauty. :-)
Okay, food excellent, never was hungry between meals, hat’s off to the chief, and service was wonderful, Jaclyn, Dakota, Michael, were very friendly, and explained what ingredients were in the delicious tasty meals. We went for a canoe ride, so peaceful, the horses, and grounds are so spiritual, you really feel special in this wonderland called Grail Springs! I can go on forever about our positive experiences, Labyrinth walk, Tee Pee, yoga, Grail Mantra, meditation everyday was really what the Dr. ordered. Jason and Barb were wonderful. I also tried Dr. John of God’s Crystal bed light therapy, that was a new experience, I defiantly felt a shift in my well being after, hard to explain. To end a wonderful weekend, We met Madeleine and her mother in the gift shop, and they us feel so welcomed, their kindness and gentle manner really was like a breath of fresh air. We will defiantly be back for a mother and daughter retreat and I really would consider going back solo!! Thumbs Up to Grail Springs!! For me, it was Utopia!

Room Tip: Room 12 very spacious, lake view, balcony!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HopeToronto_Ontario
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was a anniversary weekend and from the moment we stepped through the doors to the moment we left you knew you were in a very special place. Staff was outstanding, food was amazing and it was exactly what wanted it to be. Every staff member is devoted to your stay being outstanding and they so succeeded at this. Food was not just healthy and plentiful - you can always ask for seconds even!!!!

Our spa treatments were wonderful and we left feeling like we could take on the world. I think I need some Grail in my life every 3 months. Will definitely be back. Thank you for making it all that I wanted it to be.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a room that looks over the lake - so worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I love Grail Springs. It is a very special place. Amazing energy unique to this area ~ truly Heaven on Earth. They show such devotion to wellness on all levels; emotional, physical AND spiritual. Staff members are smart, funny and compassionate; open-hearted folks dedicated to making your stay one-of-a-kind. They offer wonderful evening presentations, yoga, meditation, and the best vegetarian meals I have ever had ~ all fabulous! I have been six times now and have witnessed people change and transform in just a few days. What a gift Grail Springs is!” ~ AB May 2014

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have recently spent time at the Grail Springs Spa and am still absorbing the positive energy. Grail Springs provides healing support down to the tiniest detail. The physical and emotional environment, the food (healthy and huge portions), classes, treatments, the landscape and interior design, all components exemplify the efforts in design and delivery. I recommend this to anyone needing, or just wanting, to be rejuvenated.

R.P., Ontario

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have recently returned from the Annual Butterfly Retreat at Grail Springs, and there are not enough words to describe the incredible experience. I shared a beautiful and intimate event with amazing women, while receiving clarity and insights that were transformational. The joy of the event was enriched by the sacred, peaceful space, the healthy vegetarian food prepared with such love and care, and the professional spa treatments. As the founder of Grail Springs, Madeleine Marentette’s devotion to health and wellness on all levels - mind, body and spirit - is evident at every turn. The love and compassion provided by all of the staff indicates they are a close family, and are eager to share that with all of the clients. This is my fifth time at the Grail, and I cannot think of a better place for rest, relaxation, healing and honouring thyself. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to everyone at the Grail for being you!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bancroft
Sword Motor Inn
#3 of 10 in Bancroft
Nomi Resort
Nomi Resort
#1 of 1 in Harcourt

Been to Grail Springs Retreat? Share your experiences!