“Interesting dining experience”
Review of Stanley Lobster - CLOSED

Stanley Lobster
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our restaurant is now closed, however we are still open for retail and commercial lobster sales.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Four of us visited Stanley Lobster while touring Nova Scotia by motorcycle. The prior unanimous excellent reviews got my attention. I called for a reservation and we arrived just before our appointed time of 7:00. At first we could not find anyone and it wasn't clear where to go, but shortly Ernie appeared and directed us to the dining room near the beach as it was too windy and foggy to eat outside. We soon had our meals and, since we were lobster rookies, a hands on lesson in lobster cracking from Ernie.

The lobster was excellent as was the strawberry shortcake. And then the next morning as we were riding through town on our way out, we stop at a light and hear a horn honk and see someone waving from a pickup truck. I assumed the person was waving at someone else so I didn't pay much attention and then my wife said it was Ernie. And sure enough, he was waving wildly as we traveled on.

Well worth your time if you are in Yarmouth and like lobster or want to try it. One of the other guests, who is an experienced lobster eater, said that if you don't like lobster at Stanley's, then you just don't like lobster. I suspect that is true.

1  Thank Polaris1977

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

So the plan was to eat lobster at the greatly reviewed Stanley's Lobster and then catch the 4pm ferry to St Johns. We arrived at Stanley's at 12pm when they were scheduled to be open on Tuesday. I entered into a small office where I found 5 workers and an old man. The old man, who I presume is the owner, was very rude and asked what I was doing there. I said I traveled from Toronto to try his Lobster to which he replied: "if I felt like being open today I would flip the sign around". So I left. This place is a joke. He doesn't follow his own hours and this place is not exactly around the corner. I tried calling several times before arriving and nobody answers the phone. Huge disappointment. Don't make this the main attraction of your trip.

8  Thank jamilio
Reviewed 6 July 2014

When we pulled in, we couldn't believe there was a restaurant nearby. Then Ernie appeared and told us it was on the beach, a short walk down a path next to one of the buildings. What a wonderful surprise to see the charming restaurant in its picturesque setting. The lobster was the best we've ever eaten and the informal setting encourages conversations with other guests.
Ernie is the perfect cook and host.

1  Thank Jan C
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Didn't get a chance to eat there because that service wasn't open yet, but we did pick up some lobsters to take home. They will pack your lobsters for your flight home and give you cooking tips. Hint: steam not boil!

1  Thank HMNer
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is" hands down" the most unique dining you
may experience anywhere in the world. Its a real
memory maker right from the kitties that greet you
in the parking lot to the best tasting lobsters you will
ever eat.
No glitter here folks !
At every turn is a taste of Nova Scotia. A great time
on the beach and a basic cabin for eating are what
makes this dining experience number one.
I cant imagine anyone going to Yarmouth and not stopping
in to see these fellows. It will definitely be a memory
keepsake ! Great idea guys. Brilliant !

1  Thank Douglas K