“Great room, breakfast staff not accommodating ”

Comfort Inn - Yarmouth
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Yarmouth
Wells, Maine
“Great room, breakfast staff not accommodating ”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Great spot and nicely redone hotel. Loved the slider to the parking lot which made unloading and loading the car easier. The only downside was that I missed breakfast by 10 minutes and when I arrived looking only for a glass of juice to take some medication I was told I could have tap water. I know I missed breakfast... But a glass of juice couldn't be allowed? There were still guests in the dining room! The girl flipped the faucet on in the little kitchen area that was a disaster zone while she worked to clear the breakfast pans etc. That was a bummer. We left a day early to move farther north.

Stayed August 2014
7 Thank foodiegirl625
Manager253, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Yarmouth, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience, it appears we are doing some things well and your comments will help us improve in other areas.

Customer service is one of our top priorities, so I was particularly troubled to hear what happened during your visit, please allow me to apologize on behalf our entire team. I can only hope you will provide us with the opportunity to welcome you again in the future to allow us the chance to change your impression from this unfavorable experience.

Tammy Nickerson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Great location to boat terminal, near stores and restaurants. Good for family layovers and it offers a great breakfast and convenience. Competitively priced rooms and would stay here again when visiting Yarmouth.

P.S. Offer rooms with 2 Queen Beds.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Barry0743
The Comfort Inn Yarmouth is pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our property and the convenience of our location along with our free hot breakfast.

We appreciate all the valuable feedback from your recent stay and hope to welcome you again soon.

All the Best,
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Simple one night stay before the ferry the next day. Easy to find. Helpful staff - the night manager dug out a couple of hot chocolate packets for my boys.

Breakfast was very simple and the rooms could use an update. Fine for a night or two but not a lot of amenities if you were staying longer.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Fusilier111
It was our pleasure to host you as our guest! We are always striving to improve our hospitality services and we appreciate your kind words about our helpful staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to opportunity to welcome you again on any future visits to Yarmouth.

Many Thanks,
Tammy Nickerson, General Manager
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just returned from my wedding at a place near Yarmouth and most of my entire wedding party stayed for at least a night at the Comfort Inn. So far I have heard zero complaints and only praise for the entire staff. The rooms were clean and everyone was friendly. I was running behind on my wedding day so they let me and my 5 groomsmen check out late, which was a lifesaver at that point. I only reserve 5 stars for big luxurious places so they aren't quite there yet, but they are as close to 5 as you can get in my book. Thanks a lot girls!

6 Thank tyrone_forbes
Manager253, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Yarmouth, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Congratulations on your wedding! We are flattered that you chose Comfort Inn Yarmouth as the home base for your wedding party’s accommodations. I was also very pleased to hear we were able to offer some additional assistance to you on your special day.

I can’t thank you enough for your kind words and thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review especially during such a busy period. We would certainly look forward to welcoming you back again anytime in the future, perhaps during an Anniversary visit!

Wishing you all the best,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We just spent 3 nights at this wonderful hotel. We were in town for my brother's wedding so we got a special rate as so many of the wedding guests were staying there (less than $100/night). The hotel has been recently updated (not just the common areas, but even the rooms!). Everything was clean! The staff were friendly, and helpful when I needed some extra linens. The included hot breakfast was great. Eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, oatmeal, cereal...never had the same thing twice! We had a room with a queen and a pull out love seat which worked great for us and our 3 small kids (the 2 year old has a little travel bed). Rooms were quiet, free parking. Much better than the hotel we stayed in Halifax that we paid double the price for! And I let the staff at the Comfort Inn know that! Would definitely return and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Rachel B
Amazing review, thank you so much for such lovely feedback! We always like to celebrate our guests’ special occasions and we are delighted that everything worked out so well for you and your family on this visit.

We certainly appreciate your recommendations.

Many Thanks,
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Check in was easy, staff was very friendly. Despite what other comments say, and despite what their own website says, they do have queen beds. We were in a really nice room with a brand new bathroom. It’s a quick 10-minute drive to the Nova Star ferry. We used the Nova Scotia Doers and Dreamers travel service to get the reservation.

5 Thank Sam G
Please accept our gratitude for the kind review you shared on TripAdvisor and Thank you for clarifying the room types which are available as we do offer several rooms with one queen size bed and also rooms with two doubles beds. Please accept my apologies if these room types were not clearly indicated on line.

I certainly hope you enjoyed your visit to Yarmouth and look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Nova Scotia.

All the Best,
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The overall experience was pretty good. Very clean room. Comfortable bed. Turned on A/C on max early afternoon and returned around 9 P.M. room was cool but not as cool as expected. We took a fan along with us and ended up using it. The hotel is surrounded by parking lot so the lights shine in through the windows. There are blackout curtains but it is still quite light in the room. We used some spare blankets to try and darken it some more. The breakfast was just ok. One of the 2 waffle irons wasn't working properly as the timer did not work. The juice machine kept spitting out water and was very watered down. There is no ice machine or vending machine on the second floor so it was very inconvenient to go downstairs to get ice. Overall the updates are very nice. Couldn't get Wi-Fi in our room. Had a charge of $2.99, not sure what for. I'm assuming the bottle of water in the room???

Room Tip: Stay on ground floor
3 Thank Lisa G
First I would like to thank you for using TripAdvisor. It is guest feedback that encourages us to improve in areas that did not meet and exceed expectations. I do apologize for the issue with the air conditioning unit not being cool enough as expected and also truly sorry about the technical issues you faced with our hotel internet. I will happily look into the situation regarding our breakfast service issues you have experienced.

Thank you for the nice comments regarding our recent updates, all reviews are taken into consideration by management in order to identify areas in need of improvement and we certainly appreciate your taking the time to make us aware.