“Perfection”
Review of Lakelawn B&B Motel

Lakelawn B&B Motel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Yarmouth
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Wow!!! Beautiful spot in Yarmouth....Matthew is the best!!! He looked after any and all of your needs during our 5 day stay at his charming motel. He catered a dinner especially for us and the food was fantastic.....his staff was very pleasant (Brittany) ..... awesome place .... We will be back .... thank you for making our trip special Jo-Ann

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jo-Ann G
lakelawnMotel, Manager at Lakelawn B&B Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Wow what a kind and generous review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you back in Yarmouth in the near future.
Guests like yourselves make it all worth while. Enjoy the spring and wherever your travels take you.
Thanks for the memories.
Mathew

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I booked a room here on the basis of the #1 ranking and perusing two or three reviews on Trip Advisor. Having enjoyed a few B and B’s around Nova Scotia I was looking forward to my night at the Lakelawn. I was very surprised when I saw my room in the motel. Except for the microwave most of the finishes and furniture could have come from the 1950’s. The motel apparently aspires to provide a vintage "cottage" experience. There were a few deficiencies: while there is WiFi, a fridge and microwave I had no coffeemaker. The room had a shower but no shampoo or conditioner. There was no phone to call the desk. I concluded that the high ratings were for the service, which was friendly, and the breakfast, which was served too late for my schedule. It was clean and comfortable (very nice bed) and the price was economy so I got what I paid for. I understand that the rooms may be better in the B and B but they were all taken when I tried to upgrade. You’re getting a fair deal at the motel, but if you are looking for modern or stylish, this may not be your kind of place. I might well try this establishment again but I’ll take the B and B next time and get that breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Marv1nM
lakelawnMotel, Manager at Lakelawn B&B Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi and thank you for your nice review.
I agree with you that it is a vintage motel and this is the experience we are selling here.Most people find that charming,including us when we decided to buy it. We do not try to be the place that looks like every other Motel. Also yes you are right we do not have shampoo in the room however we have it available for free for the guests who like to use it instead of our natural products. We do not have coffee machines and we make them available in the office for those who ask for it. We do not use phones in the rooms because most people now have cell phones and computers so we provide WIFI for FREE as well as Free Parking as well as free coffee served from 7 am in the morning in the office.
The Motel is very clean and comfortable but we are a No Frills basic motel and we price ourselves accordingly.
We do understand that your expectations were different and you were expecting another chain Motel. We are sorry about that but we never presented our Motel as such.
We are not that kind of motel nor do we intend to be. We are an old charming Historic place and we try to operate it with a bit of style.
We do buy the best mattresses and we have very clean rooms and the price is right.
We wish you happy travels and hope to see you back one day to try our Band B rooms.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I just finished a most delightful stay at the Lakelawn Motel and B&B. What a gracious and wonderful host Matthew is and what a pleasant time I had. Traveling solo in the off season can sometimes be challenging from a service perspective, but quite the contrary here. The service and attention I received were top notch and far superior to what I have received in many more expensive hotels.

From the moment I arrived ( actually from before I had arrived, as Matthew had called to check to see if I was safely on my way or if I had had any trouble), I knew that I had made the correct choice in choosing to stay at Lakelawn.

The term 'gracious hospitality' doesn't give nearly enough credit where it is due. It is obvious that 'going above and beyond' is just part of the way they do things there. So many little extra touches and such personal attention made my short stay an extremely pleasant one. Above and beyond -- from the very much needed spare pair of reading glasses to helping me with a credit card issue to even offering me a bite of supper and helping me get my bags from the car on such a cold and windy night...I couldn't have asked for more.

I stayed in the B&B. The room was clean and quiet, the bed was very comfortable, and I woke up well rested after the previous long day. I had anticipated a wonderful breakfast based upon the reviews I had read on Trip Advisor, but they did not do justice to the relaxing and pleasant atmosphere combined with the delicious and beautifully presented breakfast and the wonderful conversation.

I only have one regret about my stay...it was too short. I would have loved to have spent another night there. Next time...most definitely.

Thank you for a wonderful stay...I look forward to my next visit already...and I'm not even home yet!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank larsonfamily
lakelawnMotel, Manager at Lakelawn B&B Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

I hope you are home safely by now and thank you so so much for a very kind and warm review.
We have enjoyed having you stay with us and you warmed up the House that cold winter night.
We do wish you great travels to come and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Yarmouth.
Thanks for the memories.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

On a birding trip in December, I had the pleasure of staying at this charming establishment. I chose the motel, but, when I return my wife and I may choose the B and B, which is in an historic building that is beautiful, and very comfortable. With the B and B., breakfast is included. If you stay in the motel, it is an extra $10. That $10 may be the best money you will ever spend on a breakfast. It was stupendous, perhaps the best breakfast I have ever had for the money. Matthew is a very gracious host. Everything is very clean. Stay here when you are in Yarmouth. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: The Yarmouth ferry to the U.S. is being established again in May 2014, so Yarmouth should be a prefe...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JEankin
lakelawnMotel, Manager at Lakelawn B&B Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Hello there and thank you so much for this wonderful review.
We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay and we were glad to have you stay with us and enjoyed our conversations with you as well.
We look forward to seeing you in the futurebut in the meantime enjoy your travels.
Thanks for the memories

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

The Lakelawn Motel is a classic motor inn. The proprietor and owner puts a great deal of effort into making your stay relaxing and enjoyable.

The restaurant is the best in yarmouth. It is a five star experience. Locally sourced ingredients are prepared in unique and flavorful ways. Plus, they have a great wine menu!

The rooms are clean and well equipped. Each room is different. We stayed in two rooms. Both rooms were lovely. The lakelawn was also able to accommodate our dog. The owner even came to our door later in the day with a big bowl of water for our dog!

The lakelawn motel is a gem. Mathew and his team make you feel like you are a member of the family. Truly a classy and top notch motel and restaurant!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank mansfieldkelly
lakelawnMotel, Manager at Lakelawn B&B Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review.
We have enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the conversations.
We do hope to see you back in Yarmouth soon and wish you the best in your future travels.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I am giving Lakelawn 5 stars based on the incredible hospitality and customer service provided to me. I had to cancel my visit, giving them less than 48 hours due to an incoming storm. I explained that I would be driving up from the NY Metro area by myself, so I had concerns. They were very understanding of my situation and worked with me under the circumstances. I am very much looking forward to booking with them in the Spring - my next opportunity to schedule my "epic roadtrip". I very much look forward to visiting Lakelawn and seeing their lovely property firsthand.

Room Tip: N/A - Did not actually get to stay.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
lakelawnMotel, Manager at Lakelawn B&B Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback.
This is the first review we get about our pre check in service and we thank you so much for considering us in your traveling plans. We are sorry that the storm prevented you from traveling on this vacation but we do look forward on meeting you at your next vacation.
Yes you booked your reservation online and it is often hard for us to cancel it after the grace period. We made a few calls and it worked out and we all like to be treated that way when we have extenuating circumstances.
We wish you the best and we will see you in the spring time.
Remember also the option of the ferry to Yarmouth from Portland.
Mathew and staff.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The Lakelawn is a great place to stay in Yarmouth. The room in the main house was clean, very comfortable and quiet with interesting art and antique furnishing. Matthew and Val were wonderful, friendly hosts and provided an excellent breakfast and informed advice about Yarmouth attractions. The gourmet suppers are an added bonus (reservation required).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NSrambler
lakelawnMotel, Manager at Lakelawn B&B Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

It was a bonus for us to have the both of you stay with us and we have enjoyed our mini chats with you as well. We consider ourselves very lucky to have great guests drop in and give us company and exercise our mind and spirit and make memories too.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this great review and we will return the favor by always trying our best to make your stay comfortable and memorable.
Thanks for the memories and hope to see you soon for dinner.
Mathew and Val and staff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarmouth
Rodd Grand Yarmouth Hotel
Voyageur Motel
#5 of 6 in Yarmouth
Cape View Motel and Cottages
Yesteryears  Bed & Breakfast

Been to Lakelawn B&B Motel? Share your experiences!