“Best egg rolls !”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Lotus still has the best egg rolls I have ever eaten. The rest of the food I ordered was also good, beef and broccoli, and scallop balls. Although I had wanted all scallop balls when I got my plate I had two scallop and two shrimp. The rice is so-so. But I would eat there again, and get extra egg rolls!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We tried this place and got the buffet. It was just standard food you'd find in any average restaurant or mall food court...you know the super bright red sweet/sour sauce, flat curryish eggrolls, standard fare. Kind of wish we skipped it and went somewhere else. There is another Chinese restaurant in town, if we are there again we'll try the other place, we wouldn't bother going back here.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We had been to the Lotus Garden some time ago and remembered a pleasant experience. This time we had an early Wednesday supper. The restaurant is quite large, well furnished with quintessential Chinese decor, linen tablecloths and comfortable chairs. We were given a warm welcome on arrival, lots of smiles and attention from Sherry, our waitress. Our meal for the two of us consisted of a won ton soup @ $4.75, a hot and sour soup @ $4.95, two number 3's (sweet and sour chicken balls, chicken fried rice, chicken chow mein and egg roll @ $11.25 each, and coffee. The coffee appeared to be included in the combination plate as it was shown on the bill with no charge.

The coffee was the only real disappointment. No decaffeinated of any kind was available. The regular coffee lacked flavour. Both soups were delicious, large portions in large bowls, great value. I highly recommend both of these. The hot and sour soup was tangy, flavourful and contained, among othert things, scallops, shrimp, and pork. My wife had the won ton which I could see had a good number of huge meat dumplings along with slices of pork and vegetables. Our main courses arrived just a little too early, before we had finished the soup. The main course was tasty, hot and had quite generous portions. It was standard, good Chinese fare, not the best by any means but up there with the good ones we have had.

Overall I would recommend Lotus Garden as worthy of patronage. Staff were all attentive, very friendly and made us glad to have chosen them for our meal. Along with good food, that's what we look for in a restaurant. Good job.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I liked the food and the atmos0phere and the staff. We do not go there now as we do not eat MSG and we eat as vegans so this would not be a choice.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Huge Portions, friendly service. Lotus is always packed. Best egg rolls I have ever eaten. Under recent new ownership and they seem to be continuing the tradition.