“Nice stay...”
Review of Holiday Inn Truro

Holiday Inn Truro
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Reviewed 8 August 2011

No real complaints with this stay. We honestly felt as though we were the only ones in the place! The pool and hot tub were nice and clean! The location is convenient to downtown Truro (not that there is much there). If you do stay at the Holiday Inn make sure you venture down to the Split Crow. The atmosphere was a nice little dive pub and the waitress was super friendly. The food and drinks were great.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Had room with two double beds on the top floor. Appeared to be recently redecorated. Very nice. Excellent service - recommended several excellent places for a morning run. We didn't have breakfast there; we went to Molly's Dairy Bar & Abbie's Cafe although it was somewhat of a drive.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Stayed in a King room for one night. Very clean. Room was kind of small but for a night or two, it is fine. Would recommend this location.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I love love this hotel so much. The staff is professional and always present if you need anything. Gale and Patsy are always very pleasant when working the desk. The hotel is always impeccable, the pool area, gym and general areas- well kept, not a single problem have I encountered since staying there. I am a frequent world traveler and love visiting Truro from Halifax just to get away whenever we feel like. I know of high standards and hence the reason I return over and over. Beautiful decor and very welcoming. Not a single maintenance issue, the restaurant meals were great and my boyfriend and I are very satisfied. I had even lost a bracelet in the room for my previous stay, Tracey in housekeeping found it and had it waiting at the desk for my return visit. Excellent service and great staff. YOU WOULD HAVE AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We flew into Halifax and picked up our Hertz rental. It;s about an hour to Truro which was as far as we wanted to drive our first day in NS. Chose Holiday Inn because of price/location/availability, with no expectations other than a clean room with "no surprises". The surprise was that it was so much better than that: very large, spacious room with an "all new" feel, very nicely appointed with tile bath, track lighting, lg flat screen TV, free in-room internet, choice of soft or firm pillows, etc. It's a convention center with full service, including a weight room and indoor pool. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant/lounge, which provided a surprisingly good meal, as well as some locals hanging around the bar who gave us good advice for our trip. We felt like we had lucked into a jewel with this place. Highly recommend! OH, ONE MORE THING: USAir had lost our luggage, so we arrived here with nothing more than the clothes on our back. The front desk people could not have been nicer: Gave us a huge bag full of toiletries and were exceedingly helpful and kind....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarolinaRoadTripper
Reviewed 8 May 2011

From the beginning I was surprised and impressed with the Holiday Inn. I had only been to Truro once before and many years ago so I didn't know what to expect. I was there for work so I actually didn't have high expectations. Well, the Holiday Inn was a lovely surprise.

The room was great - nice and well-appointed. Great fridge, TV, etc. The bed was super comfortable and I loved the choice between soft and firm pillows! It was very quiet and I was able to get all the rest I needed.

Another wonderful surprise was the fitness room and pool. The fitness room is the best I have ever seen in a hotel. It had treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, and weight machines. You'd be able to get a really good work out there. Oh, there were flat screen TVs too! I enjoyed using the elliptical machine.

The pool and hot tub were super. The layout and decor of the pool area was really nice. Lots of room and very relaxing. The hot tub was great. The pool is a salt water pool so you don't get the same chlorine irritation. It was quite large for a hotel pool - probably 25 yards. Big enough to actually do laps and get a little exercise.

The restaurant was also nice, and the location was fine. I would definitely stay there again and in fact I had such a nice time in Truro that I may actually plan a trip there. I never thought I would be saying that!

Overall I was so impressed. If you are traveling to Truro for pleasure or business, give the Holiday Inn a try!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Stuart_G7
Reviewed 6 September 2010

customer service was fast, which is hard to find at a hotel now a day
room was spacy for a great price
no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Comfort Inn - Truro
#3 of 8 in Truro
Tidal Bore Inn
Tidal Bore Inn
#6 of 8 in Truro

Been to Holiday Inn Truro? Share your experiences!