“Nice hotel but noisy”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Rothesay, Canada
“Nice hotel but noisy”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

My family and I checked into the Holiday Inn Truro for one night. Upon the initial impression driving up to the front door gives a good impression. The lobby is clean and ghe front desk staff are friendly making check-in smooth. After receiving the room key we were directed to the elevator which was very slow and seemed to have a mind of its own; meaning my wife pressed the button for the 4th floor but it only went to the 3rd floor before heading to the bottom floor. By time I was back from the car with the bags she was still on the elevator trying to figure out if there was another one that goes to the 4th floor but there is only 1 which it pretty small. Another guest on the4th floor said they had the same issue of pressing the button for the 4th floor only to get to the 3rd before being taken only a ride to the basement. We did discover you could get off on the 3rd floor and take the few stairs in the hallway that will access the 4th floor.

The room was clean but a little tight for spacd with two queen beds, a table with a couple of chairs,an entertainment center with flat screen TV plus a cabinet to hang some clothes. There is a mini fridge and coffee maker in the room. The bathroom is basic and relly nothing to write about except the shower had really good presure.

Part of our lower score was related to going to the indoor pool which is part of the games room and exercise room on the bottom level. When we took the kids down for a swim there were no more clean towels. I went to the front desk to ask for more towels which I was told they would have delivered immediately but after waiting 25 minutes they still had not delivered any more towels. I made a 2nd trip to the front to let them know we were still waiting for towels they said the clean towels were coming out of the dryer and would be there in 10 mins which was another half an hour. Another issue we saw were people sitting in the pokl area drinking beer in glasd bottles around the pool area. The final concern was people running and screaming in the halls at 3am waking people trying to sleep. We were told the next day that the police had to remove a person passed out in the lobby in the middle of the night. This was a bit of a concern to us about the security around the building especially during the overnight.

Overall it is a clean place to stay but the rowdy guests and apparent lack of security seems to be a concern to consider.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pweb44
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Truro, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Dear Pweb44,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us and hope that this occasion did not deter you from staying with us again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Spend five nights at this hotel and was impressed by the great friendly service. All employees - front desk, restaurant or bar - were polite, friendly and helpful. Well done ! Food quality was great and prices are very reasonable. Will stay here again if I am back in Truro.

St. Johns, Newfoundland
Reviewed 1 March 2013

the bathrooms are very small in rooms. very clean and comfortable. my room however had a very small window that was found on the side wall that did not provide adaquate light. staff are very friendly and add value to your stay. Meeting rooms and service provided are very accomidating.

Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I just wanted to commend the staff at the Holiday Inn in Truro. I never usually write reviews but the kindness that was displayed by all staff has prompted me to do so! From the moment I arrived with the front staff, to the cleaning staff, lunch caterers, and staff in restaurant; they all demonstrated genuine warmth and kindness that truly enhanced my stay! Thanks so much for all the kindness from an exceptionally friendly staff!! Glowing reviews!!

Halifax, NS
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Great hotel, good rate.
good location.
the Staff were all very friendly & the food at the Bistro was very good - the Staff in the Rest. were Super.
Only complaint: cold pool & no water in the Hottub :(
but otherwise would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed one night on the way to Port Hawkesbury. From the moment I entered I knew this was the right choice. They woman at the desk was friendly and pleasant. They immediately acknowledged my Priority Club level and gave me the option of a free drink or extra points. The room was perfect. It was clean and had a large flat screen TV. The bathroom came with all the usual amenities. I ate dinner and breakfast in the attached restaurant and both times I was about the only person there (not a very big tourist spot in January). The woman who checked me out was just as nice as the woman who checked me in. I would definitely make this my half way stop on any trip up north.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Mahone Bay NS
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights and the hotel provided everything we were looking for..close to Superstore for emergency purchases..nice clean room..extra coffee supplied when requested..room change dealt with very efficiently when heating system wasn't working properly..we will be back!

• Stayed December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Comfort Inn - Truro
Super 8 Truro NS
Super 8 Truro NS
#3 of 8 in Truro
Belgravia Bed & Breakfast

Been to Holiday Inn Truro? Share your experiences!