“Nice, Clean, Convenient”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice, Clean, Convenient”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stop here once a year since they remodeled, and every year it is the same. Helpful, friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms, better-than-average food, convenient location. We usually eat dinner and breakfast here, then make for Victoria Park which is one of Nova Scotia's hidden gems.

Room Tip: They are pretty much all the same, I think, and the Inn is on a side-street so traffic noise is not...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Susan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Truro, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you so much for your review and kind words! I am so delighted to hear that you found our staff friendly and your guestroom was clean and comfortable. I am equally delighted that you dined with us for breakfast and dinner and that you enjoyed the food. You are so right about our location...our hotel is ideal for any business downtown and we are 2.5k’s from the falls at Victoria Park….a hidden gem, for sure! Again, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience staying with us. We really appreciate being a stop on your journey!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

The room was large and spotless. The restaurant was wonderful. They have a variety of well presented foods. The chef is a careful fellow. You can't go wrong with this place. Special kudos to our waitress, Tracy. We were impressed.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you found the guestrooms large and spotless! Great that you enjoyed our restaurant and appreciated the variety. We take pride in the quality of food and service in our restaurant and owe our gratitude to Chef Wayne and servers like Tracy who continue to deliver a high standard! We are so proud to have them on our team! Again, thanks for taking the time to write your review, we really appreciate it!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great atmosphere, ample amenities, courteous staff & very cozy & nice rooms. My 10 year old daughter & I had a great time in the pool & it was very close to the shopping district.

The rooms were clean, staff was considerate & they gave us a meal voucher for my daughter. The courtesy when arriving was very friendly & warming to an almost personal level. We had an amazing sleep & never heard a thing while there. We left wanting to stay much longer for the relaxing atmosphere that was there.

I would definitely suggest this to anyone that wants a peaceful visit.

The only downfall was the price considering it's close to the off season & we were a family of two which should have made it a little more affordable.

Room Tip: Northeast side is quiet & you can see your vehicle
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Susan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Truro, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you found the hotel had a great atmosphere, ample amenities, and nice rooms. Our pool is a great hit with kids of all ages and our location to downtown makes the shopping very convenient. I am very happy to hear that you found the rooms were clean, and our staff considerate, courteous, very friendly and warming to an almost personal level! That is what we strive for!! Sounds like your daughter enjoyed our ‘Kids Eat Free’ program. I also hear that you felt the price could have been more affordable...our high season runs from July to end of September, and our prices are reflected that way. Again, many thanks for taking the time to write this review…we really appreciate your feedback.
North Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Room was clean but very , very small. We often stayed at holiday inns or holiday inn express but this was definitely the smallest.
The other only issue was that it was very, very noisy outside with loud music playing while people smoke and there was no security to police this.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask not to be close to main door as that seems to be where people congregate to smoke.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KellyLee1965
IHGCare, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Truro, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear KellyLee1965,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize you were not well satisfied with the room accommodations you received and the experience you had with the outside noise which affected your stay negatively. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Guysborough, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was pleased with the services with the Truro Holiday Inn as always.... but my husband and I had a very busy week with Dr appointment's, we both have bad back . We had driven to Sydney which is 3 hrs away from home and back on Tues , then to another Dr on Wed and then to another on Thurs and on to Truro which is 2 1/2 hrs away for another on Fri. In all the confusion of different appointments, I made a mistake and made reservation for Wed night instead of Thurs. When I showed up on Thurs , the mistake was found and I thought because I have been a regular customer of all Holiday Inns they might transfer the night to that night , but they wouldn't . They charged me as a no show and made me pay for the room .They did give me a discount on the second night , but I ended up paying 130 for the mistake night. I don't think its the way to treat customers . It was an honest mistake . And I seriously doubt in the town of Truro that the Hotel was full to capacity the night before . I will definitely pick a different Truro when I go back for the rest of my Dr's appointments. I just fee; like its not the way u treat people. If I had just plain not shown up then I would have expected to be charged. But I did show and I did think I had made the appointment for that day, so they knew it was an honest mistake !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Zelda H
Thank you for taking the time to write of your recent experience staying at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our services. I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the outcome of the mix up in your reservation. The hotel industry has a standard where if a room is booked and not cancelled, a ‘no show’ charge is applied. Sounds like you had a very busy week planning various Dr. appointments and I am certain an additional charge was not in your plan. I am happy to hear that you did get a discount, however, I am disappointed that you will be choosing another property for your accommodations need in Truro. I can assure you that the decision to charge the ‘no show’ fee was not personal and if you would like to discuss if further, I invite you to call me directly. Again, many thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. Susan Scharpegge, General Manager.
UK
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. Rooms were comfortable however the bathroom was very small. The sink was just inside the bedroom door which was not what we had expected. We ate in the restaurant and were surprised at the service and quality of the food, it was excellent. Pool was very good too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel and the comfort of the guestrooms. There are 2 wings in the hotel and it sounds like you were in the Stanfield where all the bathrooms are split. On your next visit you should try the Victoria wing, as the bathrooms are more traditional and larger. It is great that you found the service and quality of the food in our restaurant excellent. It means so much to us to hear how our customers feel about hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us! Again, many thanks and be sure to visit us again.
London
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Holiday inn was pretty standard so rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable. My two negatives are 1) the shower did not drain. My biggest pet peave is to have standing water while taking a shower. 2) no breakfast. And the. If you wanted breakfast at the hotel it was ridiculously expensive. Hotels need to provide this additional service to customers. Breakfast is pretty much a given

Otherwise, pool and fitness center were good. Location good- walk to town.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Twigtraveller
Thank you for your review of our property. I am pleased that you found your guestroom spacious, clean, and comfortable. Thank you for being the shower drainage to my attention. I am working with our maintenance manager to investigate the shower drainage issue and to find a solution. Our hotel is a full service Holiday Inn with a full service restaurant, so, our breakfast is an additional charge. I am happy to hear the pool and fitness center were to your liking and that you appreciate our close proximity to downtown. Again, thank you for your review, we value your time and your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Comfort Inn - Truro
Super 8 Truro NS
Super 8 Truro NS
#3 of 8 in Truro
Belgravia Bed & Breakfast

Been to Holiday Inn Truro? Share your experiences!