“very nice and very clean,”

Best Western Truro - Glengarry
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Truro
GreenLeadersSilver level
“very nice and very clean,”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed two nights, May 22,23, 2013. Good parking, very helpful at front desk, The room was very clean and done up nice. I had meals at the Hotel both days, vey well priced and very good meals. I can only say #1.

1 Thank air2011
Judy N, Owner at Best Western Truro - Glengarry, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear air2011:
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for complimenting us on all our amenities and glad you enjoyed our food and service in our dining room. Our staff is always happy to hear that we have satisfied our guests as we should. Thank you again.
Regards, Judy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Truro, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I am writing this review on behalf of my dad. Just want to start by saying I wish it was me that stayed at this hotel! My dad has the best things to say about the staff and how his stay is when he's there ! They are kind ,clean and make my dad feel like he is home :) he is at this hotel 2 ce a week on business and tells me that the girls make sure he has everything he needs coffee, towels ect .. I would like to finish by saying that the management at this hotel have really made it top priority to take very good care of there guest and I promised it will be an awesome stay for you as we'll :)

1 Thank Chris S
Judy N, Owner at Best Western Truro - Glengarry, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear Chris S.
Thank you for writing a review on behalf of your Dad. We are glad he is happy with our staff, service and that he has all he needs when he's our guest. He is here so many nights most of our staff know him so it's kind of "his home away from home"! We appreciate your remarks on his behalf and we always look forward to his stays. Thank you again. Judy
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed at Best Western Glengarry along with others on May 16th and I wanted to thank you for the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. I was in 307. It was a bed fit for a king! My highest praise for whoever makes up the beds as it was sheer luxury to slid into it last night and I most certainly didn't want to leave this morning. Everything was absolutely luxurious.

As well, thanks to the person at the front counter and the person who checked my room for my shaving kit after I had left the room and I apologize for having already packed the kit and the person who had to go up to check had to do so even though I had not left it there.

Also, enjoyed the lady who played in the bar and the seven of us enjoyed it greatly and then I met a few guys in the pool and the bartender, a sweet young lady, brought me my order of a glass of red wine in to where I was sitting in the pool area.

Lastly, the complimentary breakfast, and the serving staff, were totally awesome this morning. Everything was beautifully cooked and displayed on beautiful dishes and the breakfast area is once again fit for a king.

My stay with Best Western Glengarry was extraordinary. Thank you for making your hard work my pleasure and relaxation !!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the quieting view from my Room 307 which was the pool and the cottages.
Dear David D.
Our whole team here at our property thank you so much for your glowing remarks about our facility, our staff and our service. We always hope that our effort is exceeding our guests expectations but it's really nice to hear from the guest.
We hope you will return to stay with us again when you are in the Truro area!
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

From the friendly greeting at the front desk, I felt very comfortable here.
A cook to order breakfast in the attached hotel was very welcome.
The rooms were clean and comfortable; with a roomy shower and good quality towels.
I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Judy N, Owner at Best Western Truro - Glengarry, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear Tombassinger:
Thank you for your great review of our property. We try very hard to exceed our guests expectations and are glad when we succeed. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your hot breakfast and room amenities.
Thank you again and hope you to see you in the future.
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Mother's Day Brunch at B/W Glengarry Hotel was marvelous - Lots of tables for large groups in the ballroom - but not to close together - it didn't feel crowded at all! Wide tables made conversation possible for all at the table.
Anna on the buffet keep all the food well stocked and carved a mean prime rib of beef - she was very friendly and interacted with a smile and laugh for all!
Denise our server, who gave up her own Mother's Day to serve us with professional aplomb - was very friendly and should be commended for helping make my Mother-In-Law's day very special.
Thank you and congratulations to all the folks at the Best Western Plus Glengarry Hotel - I am convinced that you are once again THE place for special events in Truro!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Mr. Caven: Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. Our whole team was very pleased you and your family enjoyed our Mother's Day Brunch. Your nice comments re Anna and Denise were very well received and all our staff work very hard to please the customer.
Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Bedford, Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2013

The room was a little cramped two beds in a small space. The room was clean and so was the hotel. I enjoyed the evening dinner. The complimentary breakfast that came with the plus room was more than adequate. Would return.

• Stayed April 2013
Judy N, Owner at Best Western Truro - Glengarry, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Dear Bustox of Windsor - thank you for your nice review of our property. We try to exceed our guests expectations of hospitality but cleanliness is a must. Our staff are always pleased when we have accomplished our goal. We get lots of compliments on our breakfast service and glad you enjoyed also. Look forward to your return stay with us.
Regards, Judy N
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This would be your basic budget stay. I found everything on the old and worn side. The Lobby is not well thought out. The attached restaurant is not that good. The rooms are looking a little smaller, more drab and have an overall shabby appearance. The pool is old and cold. Service is good. The plus can be its location, for example if you have to attend NSCC for any reason it is very close by, my reason for using this hotel. I prefer the Super 8 and for good reason. In short, this is priced the same as the more modern Super 8 and pales slightly in comparison.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Judy N, Owner at Best Western Truro - Glengarry, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear Shrekman1969
I was disappointed that we failed to live up to your recent expectations but thank you for your review. We take all comments from our guests and address each one as we should.
We are in the middle of a lot of renovations and I'm sure our guests will see a lot of differences in the very near future.
Again, thank you for taking time to review our property.
Regards, Judy N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Holiday Inn Truro
Super 8 Truro NS
Super 8 Truro NS
#3 of 8 in Truro
Stonehouse Motel & Restaurant

Been to Best Western Truro - Glengarry? Share your experiences!