“Solid Choice”

Comfort Inn - Truro
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Hotel is newer. Very clean. Good service. Decent size room. Firm mattresses.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
ComfortInnTruro, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Thank you for review of our hotel! Our team is happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you in the future.

Sharon Murphy

Reviewed 3 May 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Truro for a funeral. The staff was fantastic. They were accommodating and compassionate and couldn't help us out enough. They let us have a late check out the day of the funeral. Class acts all around. Our room was clean and fresh and so easy to access because it had a patio door and we could pull our car right up to it. I don't get the other reviews, this place was great. Good location too, right off the highway. We didn't have a reservation we just pulled in. Oh and the free breakfast was perfect.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BethMorgan
ComfortInnTruro, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

Dear Ms. Morgan, It was our pleasure to host you as our guest. We are always striving to improve our hospitality and service and we appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Truro under happier circumstances. Thank you.

Sharon Murphy

Reviewed 19 August 2010

I was on the last day of my trip and picked the Comfort Inn for it's convenent distance from the Halifax airport.
It was located within eyesight of the highway so it was no trouble to find. Timmies and a Wendy's next too it so I thought all bases where covered there. It was a very speedy checkinn and the staff was very helpful. I had booked thru AMA so I found I had been slated for a smoking room which I objected to as I am a nonsmoker. No porblem. They happily accomodated me from my queen sized room to a room with two doubles in nonsmoking. They said it was their last nonsmoking so I was very happy with that. Staff was very helpful with local attraction information and gave me instructions to the Victoria Park which was amazing and a nice way to end the day with a quiet walk in a beautiful setting. On arrival back they had just made fresh coffee. I thought that was nice.
I wanted to check if my flight was proceeding as planned. They provided me with a card to check internet (I think it was worth $2.00 for about 15 minutes or so) Ample time to check the email for it but would have liked to print it off. Least I was reassured all was fine till I got to the airport. More internet time would be nice but they should almost knock out a room on the lower floor for that an possibly enlarge the breakfast area. The breakfast area was very small and congested but there was enough food choices there for a good breakfast. I took my food on a tray and had breakfast in my room.
My room was on second floor and no elevator which I would have preferred.Hallway had a fan to navigate around so more air conditioning would be nice. Room was very basic which I expected. Bed was comfortable..no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rangerpippi
Reviewed 30 April 2010

We stayed here last week and the smell in our room was terrible. I thought at first that we had been given a smoking room but the door showed non-smoking and the staff assured us that it was a non-smoking room. This hotel is in an area that floods regularly in the Spring and the combined smell of mold and smoke was awful. When our daughter came to visit, she immediately grimanced and commented on the terrible smell. After we got home, all the clothes we took out of our suitcase had this same terrible smell and went straight to the washer! Also, the so called high speed internet was very slow.

However, the staff were friendly and helpful and really tried to please.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barra863
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Reception was friendly; that is the best that can be said. The hallways and rooms smell musty, and a mixture of mildew and smoke. The room was clean (sheets, towels, bathroom) but shows signs of age, wear-and-tear. A $60. dollar room perhaps, but not $124. Continental breakfast was the standard stuff, nothing special. The bed was not especially comfortable. It was a place to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2009

My daughter who is a paramedic in the Canadian Forces went to this hotel to get "shelter from the storm" as Hurricane Bill was making her drive from Borden Ontario, difficult and she was tired, and sick. The military often uses this hotel so they must be used to the form of payment that the military offers. Because my daughter does not have a credit card, they refused her a room. I offered to give my card information over the phone as I have done in the past at other hotels, they said she needed the card and sent her on her way. The safety of our Canadians seems to matter less that the mighty dollar. Guess what! We will NEVER use the Comfort Inn any where!!!!! It is not like she was a bum off the street.......but she was certainly treated worse than that. I called the customer complaint department and the man I spoke to could not have cared less. I was told that this policy is set by the "private" owner and there was no room for any leeway.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank capneyeliner
Reviewed 14 August 2008

My parents (70+) and I stayed here one night because our other accomodations (Willow Bend - great) were not available for the length of our stay.
The checkin was ok/speedy enough. However, I could not believe that there was no elevator and we were put on the second floor, meaning we had to drag our suitcases halfway down the length of the building and lift then up the stairs ourselves. The cleaning staff saw us struggling with 3 suitcases, 2 purses, and 2 hand luggage pieces and didn't even hold the door, just waited at the bottom of the stairs watching!!!
Thank God my parents are still pretty strong!

I assume there was a humidity problem in the hotel as both floors had standing fans at intervals in the hallways - great to navigate suitcases through too, BTW. The room was simple and clean with a great view of the VW dealership behind it (just built).

The beds were firm and I had a decent rest. We ate at Smitty's for lunch - good food, but long waits.

In the morning, we had great expectations for breakfast but were a bit disappointed:
- Waffles were like eating cardboard.
- The eggs were obviously pre-boiled and then refridgerated?? so they had a funny taste when reheated.
- Room temp orange juice so make sure you use the ice.
- The cereal and toast were the best options.
Overall the breakfast area is too small for the offerings and navigation between tables. And step away if someone asks for items to be restocked. The person who restocked kept flipping up the tablecloth - onto my plate - several times without noticing or apologizing. I think they should reorganize the layout because they can't really change the space.

Overall, my sleep was OK, but otherwise, I couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Holiday Inn Truro
#3 of 8 in Truro
Berry's Motel
Berry's Motel
#8 of 8 in Truro

Been to Comfort Inn - Truro? Share your experiences!