“friendly staff”

Comfort Inn - Truro
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had no reservation, dropped in, we were given best rate available but offered an upgrade which is the way to go I think.
Room was very clean, fridge, quiet, grood drapes to keep room dark
The staff at self serve breakfast was chatty and more than helpful. The items were generous and fresh.

Room Tip: we prefer second floor not to have trafficin front of door at ground level
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dominique L
Patricia M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit your complimentary comments about our friendly staff and our clean rooms.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband stayed there last week while working in the area. Even though he was supposed to stay there the entire week, the room ended up being booked which wouldn't have been a problem but how it was dealt with was. He works 15-18 hr days and received a call from you 10 am saying to come clean out the room or they would do it for you. They are not allowed to leave the job site so that was not an option. All of their belongings we're threw in a box, including all of his perishable food items that were in his fridge. Those food items were also put in a box on the floor and left there for 12 hours which means they were spoiled and had to be thrown out by the time my husband finished work. He ended up throwing out over $50 worth of food. There was no apologies or offers for compensation. Is this how you treat all your customers?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Shelburne1
Patricia M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Shelburne1,

Please accept my sincerely apology for this incident. If this is the same room, that I was told about last week, the guest was told upon check-in that the hotel was booked on Wednesday and they would have to check-out, as all the rooms were previous booked.

Please ask you husband to replace his perishable items and bring me in the recript and I will pay for his replacement cost.

Please feel free to call me, if you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We hoped to do a day trip to nova Scotia. Time doesn't stand still and we didn't give out selves enough business hours to have places open. As we checked in I told them how I was prepared for a night visit they promptly gave me tooth brush tooth paste and deodorant.. IT was a great access to have giant tiger across the street to be able to get. The rest of essentials for a over night stay on a budget . To have a choice of reasturants in walking distance for supper was a great plus. The. Continental breakfast was all wonderful. A extra special thank you goes out to the staff here you are. Extremely kind...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dietarygal
Patricia M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to complete our on-line survey and for you kind words about our team.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a debating tournament in Truro. The room is a little dated but clean, good television and good wifi. Everything you need for a good stay. Friendly staff and a decent continental Breakfast, don't forget to use your aeroplan card here! I recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Truro area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank splat007

Thank-you for taking the time to complete our on-line survey. Your comments are appreciated and I look forward to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

After being delayed an extra day in Cuba because of the storm on the east coast we finally arrived at Halifax airport on march 27th. My party of family and friends were headed different directions so I decided I would just continue on to Prince Edward Island as tired as I was at 8pm. I came across an accident around the Truro exit....not to mention I was falling asleep.Decided I could go no further and had to find a safe place to lay my head until morning.
Decided to check into The Comfort Inn at 10pm. First person I was greeted by was a young man working the front desk by the name of Justin...at this point all I can say is I was in panic mode due to the storm and delayed in Cuba as well as seeing an accident.
Words cannot describe enough how thankful I'am to this man at check in for making me feel safe. He had a very calming affect which I so needed at that moment.He couldn't do enough for me.
Went to my room and slept on a very comfortable bed with great pillows.
Next morning went down and had some continental breakfast to take back to my room...lots of choice...yogourt, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, bagels, just to name some of it.
After a great rest and very kind staff I was able to head home.
Thank you again Justin for everything.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank IslandGirlForSure
Patricia M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to complete the on line survey. As a fellow Islander it is safe to say that we will all be happy to see the end of winter this year. I also want to thank you for the kind words about Justin. I will be sure to recogitize him.

I hope to see you again in the near future.

Thanks,

General Manger

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Me and my family went to this Comfort inn It was awesome I just wanna say the pros and cons
Pros: Awesome service, Great rooms (altough we had to wait 10-15 minutes for it to get cleaned). Great staff,friendly breakfast lady.Next to a lot of stores like Tim Hortons.
Cons: NO ELAVATOR, rude staff at night,Next to a HORRIBLE MOTEL (Berry's Motel owner was rude,mean and RUDE to us).
We stayed ont he top floor for one night with my moms parents they both had a hard time gong up the stairs so we stayed on the 1st floor our second night overrall I would give it a 99 out of of 100. we left the hotel Apirl 2nd but cheacked in March 31st after traveleingvduring March- Satisfied customer

Room Tip: try to get a 1st floor room if you don't wanna go up and down stairs a lot
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelerJJJJJ
Patricia M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Traveler JJJJJ,

Thank you, for taking the time to complete the on line survey. I was so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Comort Inn. I am sorry, the other hotel was not a positive experience for you.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

So much of a hotel stay is affected by the attitude of the staff. Although this hotel is only average as far as the quality of the property, the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff bumps it up that extra rating. The property and rooms are clean although the carpets are in need of replacement in some areas. The rooms are good enough but nothing extraordinary. The beds are reasonably comfortable and the breakfast is quite decent. The staff however are very accommodating and made us feel right at home and because of that, we will stay here again the next time we are in Truro. BTW, we were here for the annual rugby 7s tournament and after overpaying for a stay at the local Best Western where we were treated like criminals (not a good stay at all - see our review) this was a dramatic contrast and the staff welcomed us nicely! We would highly recommend staying here in Truro.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Si R
Patricia M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you so much for the complimentary comments about our team. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. I would also like to let you know that this property is scheduled for renovation in April.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Patricia McQuillan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Holiday Inn Truro
#3 of 8 in Truro
Berry's Motel
Berry's Motel
#8 of 8 in Truro

Been to Comfort Inn - Truro? Share your experiences!