“Better Than Expected”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Parrsboro, Canada
“Better Than Expected”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I booked this motel as an economical alternative to the hotels in Truro. I wasn't expecting a great deal based on the outside appearance. I was pleasantly surprised by the space afforded in the room/bathroom. Yes, the decor is a bit tired but it is clean, centrally located and comes at a good price. Although it is located at a busy corner, the rooms at the far end of the parking lot were very quiet. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: sk for a room at the far end of the parking lot. Meals at the attached restaurant were very good and...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kitnkat
fred4408689, Owner at Stonehouse Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Hi
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for listing some room selection tips. We look forward to another return visit to our motel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We love stopping in here for a quick bite and drinks when we are in Truro, NS visiting family. The staff are always cheerful, and the crowd friendly. There is a motel if we need a room and the restaurant serves good food, games and occasionally live music. Check out the bar in the lounge for a great place to chill and try drink specials!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I had a great trip staying at the stonehouse motel the service was excellent an the staff was very helpful an friendly, I had my birthday while I was staying at the stone house an the bar tender was nice enough to give me a free t-shirt, next time I vist truro I will be staying at the stonehouse motel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Zack C
fred4408689, Manager at Stonehouse Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thank you for the positive review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to your next stay at our motel. Happy Birthday!
american
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Been traveling from the us to eastern canada and found the stonehouse to be one of the better stops we made. our tv remote didn't work and what seemed like seconds a man came and fixed it for us. Recommend this motel mainly because of the friendly people running it.

Room Tip: Stay here and if you have any complaints they will be dealt with asap.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela-was-pleased
Thank you for your positive review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Very good price, but you definitely get what you pay for. The bathroom had one bar of soap, was really tiny, no shampoo, etc. Everything had soap scum and was rusting and the floors were very very dirty. The sheet on the bottom of the bed, was more like a mattress pad that was way to small, I woke up on the mattress itself. For a one night stay it wasn't too bad but I would try somewhere else first.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Meg S

Travellers are raving about these Truro hotels

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This is a first review for me even though I had promised Rana I would do so earlier than this, I do apologize. My stay was wonderful; it was a long Easter weekend and I woke up to snow (not counting on that). Regardless, the staff here were wonderful, I didn't have a chance to order a drink or enjoy the food yet I dare say it was all the best. Remember this, it might not be a 5 star hotel, however it has 5 star pricing and accomodations. Paper thin walls do happen in ritzy places too people. I am only sorry I haven't been able to return for another stay. Looking like possibly over the Christmas season, I may be enroute in that direction again. If so, I know where I'll rest comfortably. Hats off to the Stonehouse family as that is the sense one gets from their staff.

Room Tip: Remember it is the smaller businesses that keep our economy going and employ local people. I woud e...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
fred4408689, Owner at Stonehouse Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
We are very pleased to know that your enjoyed your stay at our motel. We look forward to seeing you at Christmas. Thank you for your kind review!!!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I stayed in room 22, it was very dated and not as clean as it should have been, the bathroom sink still had soap scum on it from the previous guests. When I went to have a shower at 5am the shower head was so clogged there was just a small amount of water coming out, at this hour of the morning there was nothing I could do about this. When the lounge closed there was quite a bit of noise (Nov. 1, 2012)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Margo B
fred4408689, Owner at Stonehouse Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
I regret that you did not enjoy your stay. I immediately replaced the shower head with a new one. I spoke with the new housekeeping staff about the importance of making sure rooms are very clean.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Comfort Inn - Truro
#1 of 8 in Truro
Berry's Motel
Berry's Motel
#7 of 8 in Truro

Been to Stonehouse Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!