“Nice tv”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Nova Scotia
“Nice tv”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

The room was average for an older roadside motel. Comfortable bed, noisy refrigerator , relatively quiet room until someone in the room next to your unit showers or flushes then it's sound like all the world is letting loose . My shower leaked and sprayed so much water outside of the tub enclosure and I did have the curtain tucked in correctly, it was the actual shower head that leaked , the walls, the floor, the ceiling even the toilet paper roll got soaked. Over all a cheap place to stay . Keep in mind there are no amenities , no iron, no hair dryer, no coffee maker, no pool. There is a cafe with slightly below par food. Over all a cheap place to SLEEP.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dodger4yu
fred4408689, Owner at Stonehouse Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Hi
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are in the process of buying newer shower heads. I do apologize that the shower was not working well. We do not keep ironing boards or iron and other amenities in the rooms but are available at the front desk. We have retired the loud fridge.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

When I am on a road trip to a distant location, I look for a place to sleep. It's utilitarian and my major criteria are; Clean, cheap and quiet. The cheaper the better. I that situation, I really don't need the more up-scale comforts I would otherwise look for in a destination stay. A decent cheap breakfast is a plus.

The Stonehouse Motel and Restaurant in Truro, Nova Scotia in Canada meets those criteria well enough for me. The room was functional and clean. The fact that it was indicative of a motel 3 or 4 decades past its prime was not a concern. I know that area to be relatively crime free. The bed offered a tired traveler a good sleep.

The attached restaurant provided as good a breakfast as one would expect for twice the price.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank EyesWest2013
fred4408689, Owner at Stonehouse Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive response. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.
Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is a basic room for a basic price. Our room was very clean. Quite new furniture, comfortable bed. There was a fridge, no coffee maker, no microwave, no hairdryer, but I new this going in. The price was so good that this did not matter to me. There is a great little restaurant at the Motel and a nice little lounge. We had supper and got our breakfast coffee at the restaurant. There is a launderette for guests - super reasonable price. A super bang for your buck.

Room Tip: Easy to find, we were in unit 20. Nice and quiet. Great food at the restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine P
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words. I am working on having coffee makers, microwaves and fridges in all of the rooms. Next time just ask and we can get a microwave and fridge put in your room so that your stay is even better.
Parrsboro, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I booked this motel as an economical alternative to the hotels in Truro. I wasn't expecting a great deal based on the outside appearance. I was pleasantly surprised by the space afforded in the room/bathroom. Yes, the decor is a bit tired but it is clean, centrally located and comes at a good price. Although it is located at a busy corner, the rooms at the far end of the parking lot were very quiet. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: sk for a room at the far end of the parking lot. Meals at the attached restaurant were very good and...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kitnkat
Hi
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for listing some room selection tips. We look forward to another return visit to our motel.
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We love stopping in here for a quick bite and drinks when we are in Truro, NS visiting family. The staff are always cheerful, and the crowd friendly. There is a motel if we need a room and the restaurant serves good food, games and occasionally live music. Check out the bar in the lounge for a great place to chill and try drink specials!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I had a great trip staying at the stonehouse motel the service was excellent an the staff was very helpful an friendly, I had my birthday while I was staying at the stone house an the bar tender was nice enough to give me a free t-shirt, next time I vist truro I will be staying at the stonehouse motel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Zack C
fred4408689, Manager at Stonehouse Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thank you for the positive review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to your next stay at our motel. Happy Birthday!
american
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Been traveling from the us to eastern canada and found the stonehouse to be one of the better stops we made. our tv remote didn't work and what seemed like seconds a man came and fixed it for us. Recommend this motel mainly because of the friendly people running it.

Room Tip: Stay here and if you have any complaints they will be dealt with asap.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela-was-pleased
Thank you for your positive review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Comfort Inn - Truro
#1 of 8 in Truro
Berry's Motel
Berry's Motel
#7 of 8 in Truro

Been to Stonehouse Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!