“Just what we were looking for!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ryan Duffy's Wine Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Ryan Duffy's Wine Bar & Grill
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Canadian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Bridgewater, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what we were looking for!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We were on vacation and were looking for an upscale restaurant in the Truro area. Needed an early supper. Ambiance was great, although room temperature was a bit chilly. Both of us had steaks done exquisitely. Service was superb. Although meal was a bit pricey, it was well worth it. Thanks Wendy.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Marla R

Truro, Canada
“Great place for either lunch or dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

After several great meals at this restaurant, it is time to give it a "thumbs up!" review. At this time, I have enjoyed choices from both the lunch & dinner menus & all were delicious. I highly recommend the blackened haddock on the dinner menu. It is the best blackened haddock I have ever tasted! And the same goes for the Roast Beef Panini! If it is accompanied by the fries, It is so filling that I had to ask for a "doggy bag".

• Visited January 2014
Truro, Canada
“Nice busy bar in the Truro Downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

There is usually lots going on in this business. A patio deck makes it pleasant when the weather cooperates. Go there with adult friends.

Visited August 2013
“Will return here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Four of us ate at this restaurant this evening and we all enjoyed the experience. The food and service were all above average. We had a mix of excellent soup, pastas, seafood and steak. Good size portions. The only negative is that the background music was a bit loud even after I asked to have it turned down.

• Visited May 2013
Pickering, Canada
“Best steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

My brother and I are in Truro for a week. We were looking for a nice place where we could get good quality food. We found it here at Ryan Duffy's. I must say the atmosphere was really pleasant as well . It would appear one of the walls opens up in the summer and that likely adds even more ambiance to the restaurant.
We started with the Chef's Creation (soup of the day). It happened to be Split Pea with Ham. It was some of the best soup I've ever tasted. They do give you a large portion so go with an appetite if you're planning on ordering a heavier main. I ended up taking half of my soup home so I could save room for my steak. We ordered the Filet Mignon with 3 Peppercorn Sauce. I prefer my meat cooked and ordered medium well. Often it comes out tough but this just melted in my mouth. The spices and flavor in this steak were like nothing I've had before. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. Kudos to the Chef. My dinner came with a baked potato done to perfection and an array of veggies, fried onion and mushrooms to go along with the steak and a side of zucchini, green pepper, baby corn and carrots. The food was awesome as was the waitress. The service was a bit slow so make sure you are wanting to spend a relaxing evening over dinner...not hard to do when they also have a nice selection of wine. I'll be back.

• Visited May 2013