“omg”
Review of Super 8 Truro NS

Super 8 Truro NS
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I've never written a review for a hotel before, but last night's stay at the Super 8 hotel in Truro, NS, was miserable of epic proportions: a bad night's sleep was had by all.

We could have stayed with family in Truro, but chose to stay at the Super 8 in order to get to bed early and have a good night's sleep after 2 days of driving and family get togethers over the Easter weekend, and before we were about to embark on our trip home. We'd stayed at a few different Super 8's before & thought we were making the right decision.

OMG if we could do it over again, we would NOT have stayed there. The hotel was clean, and like any other Super 8 (except for the lack of fruit at breakfast and the warmish coffee), but the NOISE was not to be believed. We had room 201, which turned out to share a wall with the pool/water slide area. We went to be early (9pm), exhausted, only to discover that we could hear the swimming pool revellers as clearly as if we were in the same room. Echoed shouts, children's screams and squeals, the roar of the water slide (which, once it was turned off, we realized had been muffling the screams and shouts)... it was unbelievable. At 9:15, my youngest son asked if I could please call the front desk to ask if they had quiet hours. I did, and they were kind enough to ask the swimmers not to scream and shout. There was quiet long enough for my son to fall asleep, but I listened to pool partying until after the pool closed.

At 2:30am, we were awakened by loud footsteps tramping around in the room above, and what sounded like toilet flushing and showering that went on for the next hour or so. After that, I found it nearly impossible to get back to sleep, and woke at 6am groggier than I went to bed.

I don't blame the people in the pool or the man in the room above ours. I DO blame the hotel for the obvious lack of sound-proofing. I felt like I was staying in the cheap apartment I rented in my 2nd year at university.

On the up side, the beds were comfortable and the pillows were lovely. If you stay here, request a room far from the pool, and on the top floor.

Room Tip: pick a room on the top floor, AWAY from the pool
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jrbswt
Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2011

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Super 8 Truro. I am sorry that your stay wasn't as it should be. I would also like to thank you for the tip about being on the top floor. I like to stay on the top floor as well when I travel due to the noise that you would not normally hear at your home. The children do love the pool and waterslide, and the noise of the children playingf and having fun can carry. Also I would like to thank you about the comment about the comfort about the bed. We have just resently installed new beds in all of our guest rooms, as well as new bedding.Replacing the blankets and bedspreads with triple sheeting and duvets.Thanks again for your comments.

Super 8 Truro

Reviewed 3 April 2011

My husband and I were last minute guests due to poor weather conditions and found the Super 8 to be fantastic all the way around.
From the front desk hospitality to the quality of the room (which was a very reasonable price) even the breakfast choices werer plenty enough to please anyones appetite.
Would I recommend the Super 8 in Truro...without a doubt. Would we stay there again...most definitely!

Thanks again!
Darlene & John Harroun

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

Mr. & Mrs Harroun, thank you for your comments about your stay. I am very please everything went well while you were here. I am very happy that you chose to stay, when the weather is bad, sometimes it is best to get off othe roads. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2011

My wife and I stayed at your property in November of last year. We had to make last minute arrangements due to the loss of my mother. The staff was able to find us enough rooms for to accomodate myself and my family members who were travelling from out of province. I have stayed at many hotels around the world for my job; I must say that I have never found a hotel more enjoyable to stay at then yours. The staff was extermely helpful and caring to myself and the rest of my family. Especially when my Aunt who was also a guest of the hotel ; was rushed to the hospital from my mothers funeral. I want to thank all of the staff and management for making my stay during that tough time a very enjoyable one. I have recommended and plan to keep recommending your property to my family, friends and business associates. Again we thank all of you for your kidness and support you showed complete strangers.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

First let me say how very sorry I am for your loss. I wish you had been here under different circumstances. Having to travel under these conditions is never easy, and the Super 8 staff understand this, and want to make it as comfortable as possible. Thank you for posting your amazing comments about the staff & hotel. We really appreciate that you will continue to refer us to your friends and co workers.
Thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 26 March 2011

Very quiet, clean, comfortable. Staff are extremely helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

I would like to thank you for your comments about your stay,and for posting them to share. It means alot when our guests enjoyed their stay enough to comment on it. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 March 2011

My new husband and I spent one of our honeymoon nights at this hotel. The front desk staff (Diane) was very friendly and helpful. The room was awesome, spacious and clean. There was a large variety for breakfast items to choose from. We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your stay. I am so happy that you had a great stay. It is very nice when staff get recgonized for their hard work. Please know that your positive comments about Diane have been passed onto her. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 March 2011

Me and my girlfriend arrived at the hotel for the check in time which is 3 o'clock pm. Upon entry, we were informed that we must wait an hour for our room to be ready. Once actually in our room, we came to realise that our bedside lamps weren't working and we discovered unusual stains on the couch seats. The beds were extremely stiff and for a 'jr suite' it was very disappointing; I have been in standard rooms in other hotels that were much better as well as cheaper. Then we decided to try out the 'awesome' pool and hot tub, which according to the picture was ALOT more impressive than what was before our eyes. The pool is so small that I tried to swim from one side to the other and in seconds my head bashed the other side;resulting in a concussion. Also, it was next to impossible for the kids not to almost hit someone when they went down the slide. I personally would not return to this particular super 8 hotel.

1  Thank grimmsta
Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

I am very sorry your stay was less than satisfying. We hope all of our guests have a great stay, and do not like seeing people leave unhappy.I would like to thank you for your comments. We take all of guest comments into consideration to always try to improve our hotel in any way we can.

Reviewed 13 March 2011

Room was priced reasonably. The location is close to malls,movie theater and restaurants. The room had an attached room with its own TV and pull-out couch, which would be great if you had your kids traveling with you. The room was clean and the breakfast had a great variety of cereasl,toast,waffles,scones,fresh fruit with coffee,tea and juice. My husband and I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2011

Thank you so much for your very kind words about the Super 8 Truro. I am very pleased you had a great stay and were able to experience all the the Super 8 Truro has to offer. I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again. We are located very well, being just off the highway, and close to downtown shopping, movie theatres, the Glooscap Heritige Centre, and coming soon the new Saltscapes Restaurant within walking distance! Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments, and thank you for choosing the Super 8 Truro!

Super 8 Truro

Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Holiday Inn Truro
#1 of 8 in Truro
Tidal Bore Inn
Tidal Bore Inn
#6 of 8 in Truro

Been to Super 8 Truro NS? Share your experiences!