“Poor Customer Service”
Review of Super 8 Truro NS

Super 8 Truro NS
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Reviewed 9 July 2011

My husband and I spent a night in this Super 8 hotel two nights ago. We had been driving all day and were eager to enjoy some relaxation time. We were greeted by a young man behind the desk who was very pleasant, polite and helpful. We needed some extra pillows and towels that evening and he was quick to assist us. My husband and I spent the evening tossing and turning, and when we got out of bed in the morning my husband quickly realized what the problem had been. The boxspring on our bed was broken. We let the girls behind the front desk know and all they said was that they would let the maintenance man know. No apologies or anything. Needless to say this cancelled out our positive experience in the evening. We will not be returning here next time; customer service is indeed what makes or breaks a business.

• Stayed: July 2011
Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

I am very sorry to hear you did not have a good night sleep. We want all of our guests to have a great experience when they stay with us. Please know that the problem has been addressed.I agree you should have recieved an apology, so I hope you will accept mine. I also ensure all staff are aware of any guest comments, so we may look for ways to improve guest service. I want to thank you for your comments, without those we cannot improve.

Reviewed 14 May 2011

We stayed here for a week whilst on recce trip to Nova Scotia. We chosechose the Truro super 8 (mainly because the room price was the cheapest of all the accommodation quotes that we were quoted for) and are so glad we did.

· The room was clean with room service coming in EVERY day to make beds, empty bins & replace towels, toilet rolls & soaps etc.

· ALL the staff we came into contact with were very exceptionally friendly,helpful & nothing was too much trouble.

· The continental breakfast was more than adequate & enough for everyone.

· We didn't use the pool but it looked nice & seemed ideal for kids.

· Brilliant location

· The bed was the comfiest we had ever slept in with ample bed clothes.

· Free wifi and local calls in the room was a bonus

also the room heating\air con was good as well

If i had to think of a negative it would be that there wasn't enough hanging space for clothes in the room but we did stay for a wk & majority of guests probably stay only a night or so, so wouldn't be a problem but really it wasnt a major problem for us.

For anyone considering this hotel don't be put off by previous reviews and give it a go.

Carole & Martin

· The continental breakfast was more than adequate and plenty for everyone

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2011

I am very happy to hear your stay with us wonderful. All the staff take pride in trying to make sure everyone has a great experience, and a great time. As with any business there are always areas that need to be improved upon. The difference with the Super 8 Truro is we really care and take all of our comments to heart. They are used as a learning tool to improve in any and all ways that we can. Our guest comments are extremely important to us, I thank you so much for your kind words about your time with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to have you back again!

Reviewed 2 May 2011

Super 8 is an adequate hotel. The rooms were not spotless as could be noticed by the unvacuumed space at the head of the beds buy the night stand. Bathroom was clean and enough towels for three people.
The pool is small but the teens I was with liked the waterslide...just don't be looking to do laps!
The continental breakfast was a nice add on but it could have been better done with the addition of yogurt and a commercial toaster!
Check in was easy but check out was another story. At 8:30 I went to the lobby to find a sign saying the attendant had gone to help a guest, back in 5 minutes. I waited the 5 minutes, no one arrived back to help me. I loaded my car and came back and still no one. When the attendant appeared she threw her cigarettes in her bag and proceeded to check me out!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. Without comments from our guests we could not improve or understand the needs of our guests. The pool is a very big draw with the 80 foot waterslide being the only one in the Truro area. Please know your comments have been addressed with the staff member involved, and have been corrected. Thank you again for your post!

Reviewed 24 April 2011

I've never written a review for a hotel before, but last night's stay at the Super 8 hotel in Truro, NS, was miserable of epic proportions: a bad night's sleep was had by all.

We could have stayed with family in Truro, but chose to stay at the Super 8 in order to get to bed early and have a good night's sleep after 2 days of driving and family get togethers over the Easter weekend, and before we were about to embark on our trip home. We'd stayed at a few different Super 8's before & thought we were making the right decision.

OMG if we could do it over again, we would NOT have stayed there. The hotel was clean, and like any other Super 8 (except for the lack of fruit at breakfast and the warmish coffee), but the NOISE was not to be believed. We had room 201, which turned out to share a wall with the pool/water slide area. We went to be early (9pm), exhausted, only to discover that we could hear the swimming pool revellers as clearly as if we were in the same room. Echoed shouts, children's screams and squeals, the roar of the water slide (which, once it was turned off, we realized had been muffling the screams and shouts)... it was unbelievable. At 9:15, my youngest son asked if I could please call the front desk to ask if they had quiet hours. I did, and they were kind enough to ask the swimmers not to scream and shout. There was quiet long enough for my son to fall asleep, but I listened to pool partying until after the pool closed.

At 2:30am, we were awakened by loud footsteps tramping around in the room above, and what sounded like toilet flushing and showering that went on for the next hour or so. After that, I found it nearly impossible to get back to sleep, and woke at 6am groggier than I went to bed.

I don't blame the people in the pool or the man in the room above ours. I DO blame the hotel for the obvious lack of sound-proofing. I felt like I was staying in the cheap apartment I rented in my 2nd year at university.

On the up side, the beds were comfortable and the pillows were lovely. If you stay here, request a room far from the pool, and on the top floor.

Room Tip: pick a room on the top floor, AWAY from the pool
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jrbswt

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Super 8 Truro. I am sorry that your stay wasn't as it should be. I would also like to thank you for the tip about being on the top floor. I like to stay on the top floor as well when I travel due to the noise that you would not normally hear at your home. The children do love the pool and waterslide, and the noise of the children playingf and having fun can carry. Also I would like to thank you about the comment about the comfort about the bed. We have just resently installed new beds in all of our guest rooms, as well as new bedding.Replacing the blankets and bedspreads with triple sheeting and duvets.Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 3 April 2011

My husband and I were last minute guests due to poor weather conditions and found the Super 8 to be fantastic all the way around.
From the front desk hospitality to the quality of the room (which was a very reasonable price) even the breakfast choices werer plenty enough to please anyones appetite.
Would I recommend the Super 8 in Truro...without a doubt. Would we stay there again...most definitely!

Thanks again!
Darlene & John Harroun

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

Mr. & Mrs Harroun, thank you for your comments about your stay. I am very please everything went well while you were here. I am very happy that you chose to stay, when the weather is bad, sometimes it is best to get off othe roads. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2011

My wife and I stayed at your property in November of last year. We had to make last minute arrangements due to the loss of my mother. The staff was able to find us enough rooms for to accomodate myself and my family members who were travelling from out of province. I have stayed at many hotels around the world for my job; I must say that I have never found a hotel more enjoyable to stay at then yours. The staff was extermely helpful and caring to myself and the rest of my family. Especially when my Aunt who was also a guest of the hotel ; was rushed to the hospital from my mothers funeral. I want to thank all of the staff and management for making my stay during that tough time a very enjoyable one. I have recommended and plan to keep recommending your property to my family, friends and business associates. Again we thank all of you for your kidness and support you showed complete strangers.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

First let me say how very sorry I am for your loss. I wish you had been here under different circumstances. Having to travel under these conditions is never easy, and the Super 8 staff understand this, and want to make it as comfortable as possible. Thank you for posting your amazing comments about the staff & hotel. We really appreciate that you will continue to refer us to your friends and co workers.
Thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 26 March 2011

Very quiet, clean, comfortable. Staff are extremely helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

I would like to thank you for your comments about your stay,and for posting them to share. It means alot when our guests enjoyed their stay enough to comment on it. We look forward to seeing you again.

Cathy Patterson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Holiday Inn Truro
Willow Bend Motel
Willow Bend Motel
#1 of 8 in Truro
Stonehouse Motel & Restaurant

Been to Super 8 Truro NS? Share your experiences!