“Still love the super 8”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Still love the super 8”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Starting to show it's age for sure - the pool area is in need of some work - the kids still love going and we enjoy the quick getaway that is super close to everything. The staff is always great and that is a big plus!! (quick reminder to clean the dust off the top of the TV centers in the suites - it is just from the air conditioning - but is quite bad) I am sure the place was quiet July long weekend (in the rain) due to the online reservation system that was saying that all rooms were booked (we tried Truro, Windsor and Amherst on line all saying the same thing before we called) - SO CALL for a reservation - don't take the online reservation's word if it says that there are no rooms available for the date you are looking for!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Daer Kathi N,

Thank you for your comments on our property. It is with guest comments that we can ensure that we offer the best service to all guests.
Our pool is scheduled to be retiled September 2013 and we will be replacing the paint with tiles. I have spoken to our housekeeping department and they will keep their eye on the dust, We appreciate you letting us know of the issue.
We have also slated to be replacing room carpeting starting with our first floor starting in July. As we update our property we do hope to bring it all update soon.

Mark H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bridgewater, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I received a gift certificate through work for this hotel.The friendly front desk upgraded my certificate to a suite when I made our reservation. I was very impressed with our room. It was the first time I have seen two TV's in a room-one in the living area and another in the bedroom. The wireless worked great. The beds were very comfortable and we slept like babies . We like it cool, so was happy the A/C worked fine. In the suite the bathroom sink and vanity is not in the actual bathroom which we found to be convenient for getting ready to leave in the morning but some may prefer not to have to step outside the main bath to use the sink and mirror. All in all, I highly recommend a suite when staying at this hotel. The pool looked fun but it was very crowded so we decided not to try it out. The only downside was a lack of breakfast choices. There weren't any bagels, muffins or waffles, just English Muffins, two types of bread, and a bite size cinnamon bun. Everything else is similar to what one normally expects to find in a Continental breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Hallmarker,

Thank you for your kind comments. I will pass this on to our entire team here. We are very proud of our property and everyone here loves to hear when a guest has an enjoyable time with us.

We hope we can be of service to you again in the future.

cape breton
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed here so our small children could enjoy the pool. Pool is rented out for B-day parties and any member of the public can pay to swim at the pool. This is a small pool which is unsupervised and people not staying at the hotel do not care about the safety and well being of others. Myself and another quest( whom I did not know) both complained to front desk staff who did absolutely nothing. The pool was shut down for the next 2 days because someone from the community crapped in the pool the night before. So day1 pool was not safe to have our little children enjoy it. A group of 20 people from the community used the pool up until another large group had a party there. Day 2 pool out of service Day 3 went somewhere else. Complained to manager and she said she would have the general manager follow up with me--nothing done! Rooms need updating and bed hard to sleep on -very firm.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Karen M,

I am sorry to hear of the experience you had while at our Super 8 in Truro. I can not apologize enough for not contacting you, I did not get a message to contact you. I have spoken to all our personnel to ensure they leave me concise reports of any guest issue so I can follow up.
We do rent the pool out at different times and have had no issues to this point. We will monitor this to ensure we do not have this problem again.
The pool had to be closed for the safety of all guests with the problem you mentioned. When this does happen, and very rarely does it happen, but certain measures must be taken to ensure the water is cleaned properly for every ones safety.

I do hope you can contact me to discuss the bad experience you had and hope we can accommodate you again in the future.

Mark H

Travellers are raving about these Truro hotels

Saint John
Reviewed 25 May 2013

My friend and I were driving home from a great stay in NS. We left to come home late and wanted to get home. However, the decision was made to pull off the road for some rest without a reservation. Your hotel staff supplied us with a room and we were able to get the rest we needed. Thank you, the rest of the trip home was great!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Donna Mms S,

Thank you for your comments, everyone here enjoys to hear when a guest has had an enjoyable experience.
We hope we can be of service to you again in the future.

Mark H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Holiday Inn Truro
#1 of 8 in Truro
Tidal Bore Inn
Tidal Bore Inn
#6 of 8 in Truro

Been to Super 8 Truro NS? Share your experiences!