“Beautiful Belgravia”

Ranked #3 of 6 Truro B&B and Inns
Canada
“Beautiful Belgravia”
Reviewed 21 May 2010

When visiting Nova Scotia for a family wedding we stayed at this lovely B&B in Truro, the Belgravia. This century old home was quaint and charming. The McDonah family were ever so accommodating and made our stay very enjoyable. When not caught up in the wedding festivities we had a relaxing evening out on the beautiful back deck. For anyone visiting the Truro area I would highly recommend a night or two at the Belgravia!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chester, Nova scotia
Reviewed 11 May 2010

When in Truro treat yourself to the delightful experience of the Belgravia Bed and Breakfast. This sweetly furnished, spacious old victorian has no shortage of charm and spares the weary traveler the trappings of forced embiance. Rather this home is just that... a home, comfortable and brimming with the warmth of it's owners who greet you as you come in for the evening and give you the first smile of the day. Druning my three day stay I was introduced to several family members all of whom were deeply respectful of my privacy while still managing a warm interaction. I was touched to see a true "family bussness" My room had internet access that allowed me to work, and a library of books to choose from to take my mind off work. The sheets on my bed were deliciously soft and the shower was paradise--no shortage of hot water in this spotless and spacious bathroom. My hosts had maps and suggestions for me and were most helpful with directions. This B&B is just a five minute walk to down town and there are many lovely places to explore. The food was eceptional, (still thinking about the blueberry french toast creation!) and served in portions i could not finish! The dinning room a communal place where guests seemed to come and go with ease. I cannot wait for my next visit.
Cynthia Myers

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
SaoLuis, Brazil
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Coming from the North of Brazil, and being a business frequent traveller, I always look for places where I get a true feeling of the local community, town or city ,also, a place where I can feel some warmth and welcoming, at the end of the day ! The hotel gave a true atmosphere of Nova Scotia, welcoming and friendly. I was in a cozy bedroom, warm and clean, very important for someone coming from the tropics, specially the warmth. Breakfast, was delicious and served in a beautiful dinning room, very colonial !! Loved my 2 stays there, and hope to be able to go back !

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Belgravia on a blustery Friday night. The Belgravia is a beautiful historic Truro home and the owners are very accomodating. The first thing I noticed was how clean our room was and our bathroom was spotless. The bed was super comfortable and the beautiful duvet kept us warm on such a cold night. For breakfast we were served homemade cinnamon rolls (still warm), fresh yogurt with raspberries and blackberries, and eggs florentine with ham. I couldn't believe it and felt spoiled. The Belgravia is a great place to stay and I will definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We scheduled this B&B as a waypoint to Cape Breton and were wonderfully surprised.It was a rainy Sunday night so not much was going on in Truro, but we were warmed by the McDonah family's hospitality. The Minuet room is a little on the small side, but quite adequate. Very clean; good bathroom. Inn has lovely sitting room. Wireless worked fine in room.Tasty breakfast in a comfortable environment...learned a lot about the area from chatting with the family. Try to schedule a stop with the tidal bore, which can be viewed close by.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
MA,PA
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Along with another couple we decided to tour the lower half of Nova Scotia using B&Bs as we went from place to place. Belgravia B&B in Truro was unquestionably the best of the five places where we stayed. Anne and D'Arcy were great hosts and the rooms were lovely. We were told about a nice restaurant for dinner and had a great breakfast the following morning. Would stop there the next time were are in Truro.

Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 August 2009

My wife and I were on a motorcycle tour of Nova Scotia and found Belgravia via the internet and confirmed its ratings at TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon where Darcy's father, Dave, greeted us off the front porch. The home is immaculate and very charming. We couldn't get over how nice Dave and his wife were during our overnight. Their daughter, the proprietor, and her husband were out of town with their four children. They provided an excellent recommendation for a local restaurant and the following morning we were served with a very nice hot breakfast. A great place to stay with very warm hosts.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheHueg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Truro
Willow Bend Motel
Willow Bend Motel
#1 of 8 in Truro
Baker's Chest Tearoom and B&B

Been to Belgravia Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!