“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of black spoon bistro

black spoon bistro
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in North Sydney
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: This has a variety of food and we ate there once while in town. The food is good and the service great.
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband had the scallops and I had the BLT penne. Both dishes were excellent! Our server was great!

Sydney, Canada
“My New Favorite Place for Lunch in Cape Breton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Since this place opened, people have been recommending that I try it out but since I am hardly every in North Sydney, I didn’t get the chance until a couple of weeks ago when I had to travel to the town for an appointment. I had some time to spare and I desperately needed something to eat so I decided that I would give it a try. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was how small and cozy the place was, much like a café than a restaurant. I was greeted right away and when I informed the lady who greeted me that I was just looking for a meal for take-out, she ushered me to the front counter where a very friendly gentlemen took my order. I was quite indecisive and everything looked so good so he helped me choose something. I told him I was a vegetarian but did not like seafood and based on that, he provided several suggestions. I choose the Roasted Vegetable Panini with a Caesar Salad and Chocolate Cheesecake for dessert. My order was prepared quickly and it only came to about 21.00 which I thought was reasonable considering everything I ordered and the fact that the plates were quite big! I was able to save some of it for my lunch break later and it still tasted fresh after all that time. The next time I go (and there will be a next time!) I will be trying out the Bruschetta Quesadilla!

Lawrenceville, Pennsylvania
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We had an excellent meal this evening at the Black Spoon bistro. We arrived fairly early which was good as all tables were full shortly after 6:00. The outside of the restaurant is small and not that impressive, but the inside is nice and the service and food excellent.

I had the best salmon outside of Alaska this evening. And the vanilla cake dessert was exceptional. Highly recommend that you stop here if you are in North Sydney.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Polaris1977
Asheville, NC
“Excellent meal in Sydney, Nova Scotia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Creative and very tasty choices on the menu. Excellent service. Reasonable prices. Very close to the Newfoundland ferry terminal.

Sydney, Canada
“Simply Amazing The BEST Panini's on Cape Breton Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Black Spoon Bistro is a must eat at location if you are visiting Cape Breton well worth the drive. The food is amazing the prices are very reasonable, and the staff go above and beyond to ensure your meal is amazing! We can't say enough great things about the food, soups are always fresh and interesting and the Panini's are outstanding, my favourite being the Chipotle chicken. If you are in the area do not miss out on this dining experience you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Aaron A