I can appreciate trying to provide a service in a small community, This inn is in a beautiful community BUT it hasn't been updated since it was built perhaps in the 1950's.
The latest renovation is laminate floors and even those are worn. I was surprised to see so many open gaps in laminate flooring. The pictures of sinks with cracks, dirty looking furniture are all accurate so I wont post any.
The hotel is used by workers in the area, water can be heard running in the pipes and you are often woken by pickup trucks as they head off to work early in the morning.
The price was $134. , I paid the same price for a room with a king sized bed, beautiful room and full amenities including swimming pool just 20 minutes away the next night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clansman Motel is a family owned and operated business in the heart of North Sydney. We strive to make each guest feel like a part of the family. Our property supplies everything you could need on your vacation including its own restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Clansman Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clansman Hotel North Sydney
- The Clansman Motel North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada