The Clansman Motel
US$98
Hotels.com
Kow's Inn(Little Bras d'Or)
US$134
Hotel North(North Sydney)
MacNeil's Motel(North Sydney)
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewson site restaurantfridge and microwavethe food is greatgreat place to staydining roomfull kitchenreturn tripclean roomsnewfoundland ferrysandraamenitiespetshighwaybathnl
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I can appreciate trying to provide a service in a small community, This inn is in a beautiful community BUT it hasn't been updated since it was built perhaps in the 1950's.

The latest renovation is laminate floors and even those are worn. I was surprised to see so many open gaps in laminate flooring. The pictures of sinks with cracks, dirty looking furniture are all accurate so I wont post any.

The hotel is used by workers in the area, water can be heard running in the pipes and you are often woken by pickup trucks as they head off to work early in the morning.

The price was $134. , I paid the same price for a room with a king sized bed, beautiful room and full amenities including swimming pool just 20 minutes away the next night.

Room Tip: Stay in Sydney
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank rockvisitor
Sandra A, Manager at The Clansman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Let me start with thanking you for your comments. I would have liked at the time of your checkout, to have been given the opportunity to discuss your comments with you in person as I was the one who checked you out. With any business there are monies allocated for upgrades and I am tasked with allotting these funds. We upgrade yearly and within the past 2 years have completed numerous upgrades including but not limited to replacing the roof, installing a keycard system, replacing older model TV's in the rooms with flat screens, new sinks and furniture, and improving the wireless service for all of our guests. As I respond to your comments we are in the process of upgrading our dining room lobby and public washrooms.We are dependent on all of our guests and are supporters of local Workman( our guests as well). Without all of our Guests' business we would not be able to try and stay current with our Motel or continue with supporting our community and local businesses.

Had you reserved directly with the Clansman by taking advantage of our toll free number(1-800-565-2668) or via email,(reservations@clansmanmotel.com) we would have been able to offer you one of our discounted rates. We take pride in the fact that we are able to offer discounts for CCA Members, AAA Members, Government Employees, Corporate Employees and Seniors.

We recognize that we have many different types of Guests some of which travel for business, others who travel for pleasure. During our almost 50 years of business we have met some wonderful people some of which have had short stays (Overnight), and some of which have had longer stays (6 months plus). We appreciate all of our customers and welcome any suggestions as to how we can make your stay with us a memorable one.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Had a delicious lunch there Oct 9th 2013. Just so happened while we were there the ower (Sandra) was presented with an award from the local fire department. Also stayed overnight many times, took in the the food, shopping and walking track would high recomment this place to any and all who are in the area. Michaell and Susan

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Had an amazing stay at the Clansman last evening. Their cottage was great, excellent service from their staff. I would happily recommend a stay here for anyone looking in the North Sydney area. The cottage was a beautiful two room, two bathroom suite, fully equip with a full size fridge, dishwasher. Perfect place for a getaway. Brand new floors and fixtures, very clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I would absolutely recommend the Clansman Motel to family and friends. Visited on the long weekend. This being a return trip, I was as pleased as my first stay a few years ago. Our room was clean and comfortable with WIFI and a flat screen TV. Service is second to none. Staff at the front desk were so friendly and helpful. As far as the dining room goes, the food was excellent and staff were friendly. I would not hesitate to stay again. Thanks for a pleasant say. PS. The pool is beautiful. Pics to follow!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I would gladly recommend this place to family and friends.
I traveled with my elderly mother and stayed for a week. Our room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. I was pleased that it was so quiet even though there seemed to be a lot of vehicles in the parking lot. All of the employees that we had contact with, including in their restaurant, were very cheerful and helpful. My sincere thanks to Sandra for taking the time herself to drive us over to visit my Grandma on our first day there when we couldn't get in touch with family! I had stayed here a number of years ago and been similarly pleased with the accommodations and am happy to say that ours was a very pleasant experience this time, too. Sure, some of the fixtures could use replacing/updating, but everything was serviceable and clean AND there is wifi in all the rooms so I could keep in touch with my folks at home easily. We also had a microwave and refrigerator in our room which was great for our extended visit.
OH! And there is air-conditioning--which was great since there was a heat wave while we were there!
All in all--A great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family