First, the good stuff. The room was neat and clean, and beds were relatively comfortable. Everything worked that was supposed to, although the air conditioner was so loud we had to turn it off at night.
I have two main complaints. First, our room had no coffee-maker. Maybe I am spoiled, but it seems as though this should be a basic minimum of all hotel rooms. Especially since the dining room doesn't open until 7 am, and most people who stay at the Clansman are getting an early morning ferry to NL. I woke up at 5:30, no coffee, went to the lobby to see if they had any brewing for guests, and they didn't. They told me that because I had booked a "cheap" room (I paid over $100!!!!) my room didn't come with a coffee maker. I was directed to Tim Hortons. Not good enough.
The second issue I had was that they advertised wireless Internet. We tried to access it, and could see the "Clansman" link, but it was secured instead of being unsecured. I called to the front desk to get the WEP key so I could connect to it, and no-one there even knew what a WEP key was. They either should have open access, or at least be able to tell guest how to log on.
Both of these issues really grated me. But if you are just looking for a bed for the night, go for it. It will be an expensive stay (value for money), but at least the room is clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clansman Motel is a family owned and operated business in the heart of North Sydney. We strive to make each guest feel like a part of the family. Our property supplies everything you could need on your vacation including its own restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Clansman Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clansman Hotel North Sydney
- The Clansman Motel North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada